Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Pics for Darthy

woah, thanks bro!

the tail surely looks beautiful, I would categorize this plane as very ugly, but yesterday I saw Malaysian's new A380 scheme, now THAT is ugly ^_^

woah, thanks bro!

the tail surely looks beautiful, I would categorize this plane as very ugly, but yesterday I saw Malaysian's new A380 scheme, now THAT is ugly ^_^

Yes not a very inspired scheme.

With the IL-76 I can see the beauty in her ugliness..... I have yet to see it in the A380. :lol: .....besides the A380 is waaay too quiet. ^_^

Very nice shots Ed!

yesterday I saw Malaysian's new A380 scheme, now THAT is ugly

If you mean you saw the "White Whale" - this is not the final livery. There will be some blue stuff painted on the fuselage. Even though that's not much better in my opinion:

http://www.flightstory.net/wp-content/uploads/malaysia-airlines-airbus-a380-new-livery.jpg

Cool! Didn't know there was a flyable IL-76 out. I will have to check it out.

Big and Beautiful :Big Grin:

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Was this the same plane in the James Bond Die Another Day? Or was that an Antonov? The glass panel windows on the lower nose remind me of where the villain and Bond fought in the end.

Was this the same plane in the James Bond Die Another Day? Or was that an Antonov? The glass panel windows on the lower nose remind me of where the villain and Bond fought in the end.

Nope, they used an AN-124. Because it's more spectacular to fight on a glass floor, they put the glass thingy in the front. Since they only used a model and CGI for the movie it was nbd to implement this change. See here:

http://www.bondpix.c...xhibition_8.htm

Die Another Day - worst Bond movie of all times if you ask me. And I've seen all of them.

Hey Ed, any panel recommendations? I have a feeling I need to strap into this sucker and haul some vodka... :Party:

wow the model actually looks very good! nice paint too of course :)