Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Do you think Beta Testing will..

Do you think Beta Testing will be as long as the NGX? Or are you taking a lot of what you learnt with the NGX to make it pretty much not needing to much done when you get to beta? I'm not sure on the NGX Beta Testing times, I thought it was around April/May - July?

Also will we be getting an Update from Rob or someone in a Month or so to let us know how things are coming along with both 777 & 747? I don't know what the announcement rate was like prior the NGX's release!

Beta and PMDG is "let's fix as much as we possibly can before release. Then let's come out with service packs to make it as 100% as we can." Very good business strategy. If I remember correctly the NGX beta time was about six or nine months. Could be shorter. Could be longer. Annoucncements were we fixed this but this showed up so release has been pushed back awhile. Though my opinion is take as long as you need.

I don't care about beta really. Though if they're done by September, I'll consider that a happy 21st birthday to me...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Beta and PMDG is "let's fix as much as we possibly can before release. Then let's come out with service packs to make it as 100% as we can." Very good business strategy. If I remember correctly the NGX beta time was about six or nine months. Could be shorter. Could be longer. Annoucncements were we fixed this but this showed up so release has been pushed back awhile. Though my opinion is take as long as you need.

I don't care about beta really. Though if they're done by September, I'll consider that a happy 21st birthday to me...

I can't remember where I saw it but I'm sure someone from PMDG mentioned they want it released so it doesn't need updates like the NGX got. Which is fair enough! I'd be extremely happy for September too but never really know, anything could pop up late that could delay it. But to think they've done what they've done in this amount of time is really exciting! That would be the best 21st Present ever!

I'm looking forward to it more than actually flying on a 777 in 2 weeks ha.

Don't think we said that - there's always going to be service packs. What we don't do is knowingly release with bugs unfixed.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Don't think we said that - there's always going to be service packs. What we don't do is knowingly release with bugs unfixed.

Must of read something wrong then, didn't mean you were not going to ever release a SP but as you say, you want to release it knowing there is no bugs. Has the NGX helped massively with the 777's production paste?

The 777's being built on the NGX codebase- they had to start from scratch with the NGX, therefore taking the time to develop the running code for how everything works, plus all the unique aircraft code and everything else associated with developing the airliner. The 777 already has the "base code" which would chop a significant amount of time off the development period.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

The 777's being built on the NGX codebase- they had to start from scratch with the NGX, therefore taking the time to develop the running code for how everything works, plus all the unique aircraft code and everything else associated with developing the airliner. The 777 already has the "base code" which would chop a significant amount of time off the development period.

Yes that's what I read before. Thanks for positing that Nick :)

I don't think beta testing will be that long.

I remember a long time ago, before the 737NGX, Ryan made a brief comment about how PMDG's approach to programming had changed that would allow future products to have a shorter development time. This did turn out to be true as NONE of us even expected the 777 to be as far along as it is. The annoucement that the redone 747 and 747-8 is going to be released soon after the 777 again is evidence of this change.

I'm confident of the changes PMDG made to their processes to bring products to the market quicker. Besides, and I say this jokingly, if Robert doesn't come and tell us something, that usually means he's hard at work on the next PMDG project. PMDG has always said something to the effect of no news is good news. If the 737NGX is anything to go by, they have got it right.

I'll wait for a product (the 777) that I believe won't be long in coming!

I don't think beta testing will be that long.

I remember a long time ago, before the 737NGX, Ryan made a brief comment about how PMDG's approach to programming had changed that would allow future products to have a shorter development time. This did turn out to be true as NONE of us even expected the 777 to be as far along as it is. The annoucement that the redone 747 and 747-8 is going to be released soon after the 777 again is evidence of this change.

I'm confident of the changes PMDG made to their processes to bring products to the market quicker. Besides, and I say this jokingly, if Robert doesn't come and tell us something, that usually means he's hard at work on the next PMDG project. PMDG has always said something to the effect of no news is good news. If the 737NGX is anything to go by, they have got it right.

I'll wait for a product (the 777) that I believe won't be long in coming!

I found someone who thinks the same as me! Well said and that's pretty much my thoughts too!

hmm,

But isn't the 777 'supposed to be entering beta very very soon? {it's about 2 months since the Avsim conference right?]

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

hmm,

But isn't the 777 'supposed to be entering beta very very soon? {it's about 2 months since the Avsim conference right?]

Alex

Yeah but anything could of popped up in development to delay it. Nope, it feels like it right? But it was on the 24th of March so just over a Month. Felt like forever for me, I seriously look at those pictures every day ha. Hopefully Rob will give us an update in May when they've got something to say. When they're quiet they're normally busy correct?

Yeah but anything could of popped up in development to delay it. Nope, it feels like it right? But it was on the 24th of March so just over a Month. Felt like forever for me, I seriously look at those pictures every day ha. Hopefully Rob will give us an update in May when they've got something to say. When they're quiet they're normally busy correct?

I'm not a conspiracist loon, but they could always have something up their sleeves... Look at how far they were in the process at the time of the conference in Munich...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I'm not a conspiracist loon, but they could always have something up their sleeves... Look at how far they were in the process at the time of the conference in Munich...

Yeah I know I would love to think that but I don't want to set myself up for a faster approaching release than I already think ha. Not saying it wont or couldn't. If it did then boy all the better!

Edit:

The thing that got me thinking though there were so many updates in June/July about the NGX Prior the Release.

]

HATE to spoil the party, going to inject some level of realist thinking. The pictures in Munich would have been a rush to complete, so they had something to talk about. People wouldn't have been that impressed by a munich conference with a presentation on the 777 and no nice pictures. I would take them with a pinch of salt ;)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

]

HATE to spoil the party, going to inject some level of realist thinking. The pictures in Munich would have been a rush to complete, so they had something to talk about. People wouldn't have been that impressed by a munich conference with a presentation on the 777 and no nice pictures. I would take them with a pinch of salt ;)

Exactly. Heck, you can even see where the livery is not fully finished near the tail. We have also yet to see a full VC, so we can't be sure that it's finished texture wise yet either.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo