Sign in to follow this  
Simcees

Are you still hopeful?

Nothing against xbox crowd (I play sports games and racing games despite the cheesy avatars).

But as an xbox user, it's pretty easy to guess where MS is taking the FS brand.

If PMDG or Aerosoft develop an add-on, I'm wondering if it gets posted to the Marketplace and we buy it with MS credits with MS taking a chunk of the revenue ... I would think simMarket and others would be pushed out.

Just like the App Store dominates apps for iPhone.

I was hoping FS11 would be a stable (or completed) version of FSX (like Windows 7 improvements over Vista) with DX10 built out, maybe improved (and updated) ATC and better realism with weather... and updates to navdata... (etc. etc..)

I can't wait 3 years for Flight to put all the airports in that I already have today. That's why I don't have much hope. How long until my VA has all the airports in our route schedule?

FSX is a good sim, but it's been abandoned, and Flight is a different animal. So my hopes for a stable, improved version of my FSX is gone...

I would have rather MS created a virtual "earth" so that racing, trucking, trains, flying, construction, farming etc... all could have been add-ons to the virtual earth. Then we would have a real cool community of life with all simmers in the same world..

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

I myself do remain hopeful.

I know the last couple of DLC planes being basic versions only is frustrating, however I have to believe with the foundation Flight has, there have to be plans to develop more of the simulator aspect as time goes on as well. There is just too much there to indicate this will be the case imho.

Radios, using VOR radials to navigate, etc. Undoubtedly planes that have this capability are more complex to model, certainly much more than the last couple of basic version planes, but I just don't believe they have added that capablity with no plans to incorporate more of them in the future. I do think as time goes on and more DLC is released, there will be more there for the simulator aspect of the program.

Now however I do not believe Flight, will ever be a full fledged full globe simulator, ie FS11 as so many would like it to be. I think they have made that very apparent, but hopefully with it's hopeful success in bringing in more flight simmers, expanding the customer base, there will be reason down the road to develop more of what would be an FS11 - only time will tell.

In the meantime, I have almost 80 hours in Flight, and still am very much enjoying it. Mainly flying jobs at this time, I know to some that is boring but I do get a sense of accomplishment by doing those, that and the biplane tours as I do love the Stearman. And at some point whenever I do start to get a little bored, I will start doing some aerocache hunts or print out Jeroen's VOR thread and start learning more about VOR flying with the Maule.

I do believe MS are listening and paying attention to the feedback, and do believe some of what is very popular in regards to features we would like to see, will get implemented at some point - we won't have everything, but some is certainly better than none.

I would be very surprised, and very dissappointed, if we do not get at least one full feature airplane along with the Alaska DLC, that maybe even has even more features than what we now have with the Maule and the RV.

I would have rather MS created a virtual "earth" so that racing, trucking, trains, flying, construction, farming etc... all could have been add-ons to the virtual earth. Then we would have a real cool community of life with all simmers in the same world..

I've been wanting something like this for a long long time. Its even possible now given the technology today. A massive undertaking though and extremely complex I'm sure. There is a pretty global platform out there now though. Think its called Outerra, unfortunately I don't really think its going to go very far, doesn't look like it has the funding, no matter how promising it looks.

This sounds AWESOME, I really wish it would come to pass....til then MINECRAFT!!!! :-) http://www.outerra.com/game.html

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Enlarging Flight's market to the XBox one is not a bad thing, spreading a game over multiple platforms nowdays is a common strategy and I see nothing wrong with that.

My concern is that MS will introduce the Kinetic controller into the pc market along with the new Xbox AKA XBox 720 or Durango.

Well, using Flight with the Kinetic controller is not a good scenario IMO above all because this will lead to the release of many more cockpitless warbirds.

Enlarging Flight's market to the XBox one is not a bad thing, spreading a game over multiple platforms nowdays is a common strategy and I see nothing wrong with that.

My concern is that MS will introduce the Kinetic controller into the pc market along with the new Xbox AKA XBox 720 or Durango.

Well, using Flight with the Kinetic controller is not a good scenario IMO above all because this will lead to the release of many more cockpitless warbirds.

How does the Kinetic lead to cockpitless warbirds?

I'm still really optimistic about where this game is going when I'm actually playing it, however the hope often dwindles a bit when I visit this site. :Tounge:

How does the Kinetic lead to cockpitless warbirds?

That's pretty straight, if you have a cockpit the kinetic becomes an obstacle. Try to picture how to make a VOR navigation using the Kinetic...

While if you have a external view of the plane it comes almost natural for MS to fly the bird using Kinetic. Maybe only the gear of the Icon will still use a key but it will triggered by an arm specific movement.

Personally, I do not like that.

I think that when people talk about the use of Kinetic in Flight, they only think about using it as a head tracking device, and not to use it to actually control the plane. That would indeed be impossible unless you stick to planes without cockpit. However, I don't see this game going to XBox nor do I see Kinetic support for it happening. Then again, you never know what MS is up to. :wink:

That's pretty straight, if you have a cockpit the kinetic becomes an obstacle. Try to picture how to make a VOR navigation using the Kinetic...

While if you have a external view of the plane it comes almost natural for MS to fly the bird using Kinetic. Maybe only the gear of the Icon will still use a key but it will triggered by an arm specific movement.

You know kinect can be used just for head tracking right?

Kinetic = TrackIR

I'm still really optimistic about where this game is going when I'm actually playing it, however the hope often dwindles a bit when I visit this site. :Tounge:

Ditto. When I'm in Flight, I rarely have a single thought about all the things it's missing. Then I log out and come here... Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif

Guest Antlab

Ditto. When I'm in Flight, I rarely have a single thought about all the things it's missing. Then I log out and come here... Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif

A classic case of "Ignorance is bliss"? Big%20Grin.gif

A.

A classic case of "Ignorance is bliss"? Big%20Grin.gif

In my case (I have the same symptoms as RoboRay and others :wink: ) it's not a case of ignorance but simply the result of the quality of Flight. There are a lot of things I don't like about Flight and a lot of things I'd like to see added. But when I actually play the game... I am totally immersed and everything I don't like or miss don't seem to matter anymore. I completely forget about them! I am simply having fun with the things the game DOES offer. When I don't play the game and I start thinking about the negative things again. Coming here often 'helps' to remind me of all that.

I hope you understand the difference. :wink:

Yep. Flight is missing tons of stuff. Important stuff. But what it does include, it gets right. It gets it better than anything else does.

Then I log out and wake up yet again to the realization of what all it's missing.

<sigh>

Kinetic = TrackIR

Not exactly.

Even if maybe Kinetic could be used like TrackIR, the main purpose of MS is transforming Flight into a social experience. You can invite your friends to home and together with them you can stretch the arms and fly together in a quick mission like taking pictures of a WWII ship over WWII warbirds. It sounds more intriguing and ironic to MS adopting warbirds.

Adults can have fun this way and kids can make simpler & quicker missions tailored for them. The family is also a business target.

If you read between the lines of Joshua Howard's interview, that's the direction.

I am an old school guy who still prefers the old stuff and I do not like neither Facebook nor Bing.