Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neilbradley1

Aerosoft NGX

I have the NGX installed on my PC and apart from running out of RAM, I have 4GB DDR3, that results in a flight being terminated, I am very pleased with the NGX. It is awsome and far exceeds the original NG.

I purchased the Aerosoft NGX and hoping to actually complete a flight before I obtained some more RAM, I decided to install the DVD onto a Lenovo laptop. All went well until I started FSX and selected the 800WL version sitting on a runway. It appeared to open up in the cold and dark state BUT the mouse cursor was now black and would not interact with any switch, knob, control etc, so I was completely frustrated. Also the joystick had no effect on the control wheel or surfaces. I selected a default aircraft, Cessna Caravan, and all was well.

Any clues

Neil Bradley

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is it properly activated?

BTW for the RAM issue get win7-64bit. My specs are quite low and I don't get OOMs anymore even if I run FSX, AS2012, Aivlasfot EFB and some small utils at the same time!!!

I have the NGX installed on my PC and apart from running out of RAM, I have 4GB DDR3, that results in a flight being terminated, I am very pleased with the NGX. It is awsome and far exceeds the original NG.

I purchased the Aerosoft NGX and hoping to actually complete a flight before I obtained some more RAM, I decided to install the DVD onto a Lenovo laptop. All went well until I started FSX and selected the 800WL version sitting on a runway. It appeared to open up in the cold and dark state BUT the mouse cursor was now black and would not interact with any switch, knob, control etc, so I was completely frustrated. Also the joystick had no effect on the control wheel or surfaces. I selected a default aircraft, Cessna Caravan, and all was well.

Any clues

Since the fsx use only a 32 bit and only uses 4gb of ram any more would be wasted, but if you were to upgrade to a 64 bit o/s it would free up some other resouces if you were to increae your ram etc. But in the meantime have you tried sliding down your autogen slider down since this and the a1 slider are the main cultpits

Neil Bradley

BTW for the RAM issue get win7-64bit. My specs are quite low and I don't get OOMs anymore even if I run FSX, AS2012, Aivlasfot EFB and some small utils at the same time!!!

Same here, using XP 32bit with 2GB of RAM and no OOM's. Do have the 3gb switch tweak set in the boot.ini though and I only use 1024 textures for clouds and resized NGX textures for the interior and exterior of NGX at 1024. No OOMs even letting the NGX sit parked at a gate with FSX running for days and AS2012 updating weather the whole time. However, I have an FSX only rig and dont surf the web, watch movies, or check emails at the same time on the same rig while using FSX.

Sean Campbell

...I decided to install the DVD onto a Lenovo laptop.

You are not licensed to run on two different machines, and the symptoms you report sound like the ones you get when you try and run the software before you register it.

Wait it sounds like he actually purchased two different product keys.

You are not licensed to run on two different machines, and the symptoms you report sound like the ones you get when you try and run the software before you register it.

Our license allows for installing on two computers as long as you're the sole user on both...