Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

Next DLC Teased on FB!

Absoulute ZERO interest.

Stan

Whatever happened to the no warning banning?

No trolls showed up yet, I guess.

The one thing the Maule has taught me is that I need more practice at tail-draggers. :lol:

I'd love a tricycle 2-prop with more capacity (and speed) than the Maule, especially for Alaska.

If new planes are redundant simply for having a single prop and a high wing, all future single prop planes, high or low wing, would be redundant, between the Maule and the RV6?

I don't buy that argument.

Same for capacity... anything less than the Maule is redundant?

Don't buy that one, either.

I'd love a tricycle twin for Jobs, but will settle for any tricycle bird capable of more than Burger runs.

We certainly will need more speed for the longer hauls in Alaska, though, so I'm really hoping the new Jobs plane will be a 200kt+ twin.

Absoulute ZERO interest.

So you got that one then... :Just Kidding:

Jan

If they follow up with a cockpit plane, I think I'll be pretty open to anything (well, not a warbird again, even with a cockpit, but MS already ruled that out).

Twotter, Beaver, King Air: any of these would be heaven! Sorry for skipping ahead and forgetting about the F4U, but it seems that I'm not the only one to be more excited by the idea that we're getting closer to what will be next after the F4U than the F4U itself :P

I have givin up on Flight right after it became obvious that all DLC we'd get for the time being would be useless plastic models of warbirds. IMHO it is downright ashame that they waste a rather superb virtual flying environment by churning out one external model only after the other. I refuse to be treated as a 10 year old gamer.

I don't feel ripped off by buying Flight, the Maule and Hawaii Islands at all because i got all the fun and much more out of the price i payed for it. I am however totally put off by this crazy cockpitless aircraft models nonsense.

Guys, stop playing along with MS's silly game of trying to guess what this next useless DLC might be. It's embarrassing and might give MS the feeling that we're interested. ( sjeeeezzzz, if you want to fly a great virtual warbird with superb VC and all there's plenty to choose from in FSX ! )

I'm back in FSX again and enjoying the heck out of it. Don't miss Flight for one second although it was great fun while it lasted. When Alaska for Flight arrives i will be one of the first to buy it. If word gets out that the promised additional aircraft is another worthless plastic model it's bye bye to Flight once and for all.

Just my 2 eurocents about this ridiculous cockpitless aircraft models scheme. :dirol:

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

If new planes are redundant simply for having a single prop and a high wing, ...

Never said that. For example, a Cessna Caravan would be sweet.

If they follow up with a cockpit plane, I think I'll be pretty open to anything (well, not a warbird again, even with a cockpit, but MS already ruled that out).

Twotter, Beaver, King Air: any of these would be heaven!

Yes, yes and yes. :biggrin:

Sorry for skipping ahead and forgetting about the F4U, but it seems that I'm not the only one to be more excited by the idea that we're getting closer to what will be next after the F4U than the F4U itself :P

Same here. :dance:

First of all: AVSIM-moderators (who live all over the globe) need sleep too. :wink:

Secondly, if you have a problem with a specific post, please report the post. Posting what you did in public may do more damage then the few posts you refer to. Rest assured that a close eye is being kept on this forum and action will be taken when needed.

The subject of this thread of course and obviously has and will lead to some negative reactions, but so far those reactions are on topic here and I like to think they simply are honest opinions and not repeated rants. :wink:

Thank you, Jeroen for your response.

I thought long and hard before posting my brief, but to the point comment. I finally decided to go ahead with it, because the poster I was referencing(whose post immediately preceded my own) has made a habit of posting negative, dismissive, and sometimes downright insulting comments in the Flight forum. I had opted to ignore them until now, believing that the administration and mods were handling such situations as best they could.

I continue to believe this, and will endeavor to exercise more patience in the future.

Thanks again, for the job you, and other admins and mods do.

-Rich

I think we should see Flight as an episodic experience (at least for those that get bored too quickly) and therefore pick what what we like when it's released, play it until we feel we've done with it and just wait patiently until the next episode out (and possibly play something different meanwhile). After all, the episodic model is one that has been long forecast to appear in video games, just like we've got full length movies and tv series. Don't judge the series before at least one season is over. I'll skip the next episode, but I've a feeling that the next one will get back to what I like :)

^ Yeah... or like waiting through the nasty months of winter, knowing that spring summer is on the way. :smile:

I'd recommend taking the time to either refly Challenges or Missions for wich you didn't get the best scores, or reading about General Aviation themes, trying to enrich our knowledge about the physics of flight, engines, ATC, IFR, Meteorology, etc...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have givin up on Flight

...and that's where I'm sure most people stopped reading. Not even curious about why people who no longer use a product post multiple paragraphs to forums for that product.

Thanks for the heads up on the DLC sneak peak, Kevin!

So it probably will be the F4U and it probably will be another plane without a cockpit. We all knew we had another warbird like this coming and we all know there are people who like it and there are people who don't like it. Nothing more to say about it really until the plane is actually released, so I am closing this topic for now.