Sign in to follow this  
738Captain

Camera movement in VC

I zeroed out everything. It did get rid of the annoying " forward head bobbing" effect during takeoff, and when braking after landing, but I still get side drifting and zooming in and out while turning on the ground and in flight. From everything I've read in the forums, it doesn't sound like it's possible to eliminate the problem entirely. Maybe when FSX was designed, they thought kids would really like the effect.

Well, none of us are little kids. More realism is what we actually want.

How many more times does it have to be stated that the camera motion while heading changes is a mathematical error in working out where the pilot's seat is relative to the model centre, not something deliberately built in. It has nothing to do with dynamic head motion.

ki9cAAb.jpg

OK, excuse me for asking.

No need to be excused for that. But if you had read the thread you would have known that not only is this effect not what you thought but also that a solution has been identified and tested.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi

I have tried to follow the instructions contained in the read me file but I cannot find VP corrections when I run FSX, I tried all aircraft but still cannot find it via the "Add Ons" tab

Appreciate any thoughts

Thanks

Anyone knows if P3D v3 brings any improvements to this subject?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Anyone knows if P3D v3 brings any improvements to this subject?

Thanks!

Unfortunately not.

Hello.

I feel that his bug FSX and more annoying with the PMDG 777. Perhaps because of the zoom that I have to adjust to 0.73 notably because of the captain's seat that interferes in the settings.

I use "EZ camera," I hope "vp corrections" will soon be suitable for this utility.

Regards.

Hello.

I feel that his bug FSX and more annoying with the PMDG 777. Perhaps because of the zoom that I have to adjust to 0.73 notably because of the captain's seat that interferes in the settings.

I use "EZ camera," I hope "vp corrections" will soon be suitable for this utility.

Regards.

Personally I have been using .70 without issue on the -200/300 since I purchased then over a year back. Best way to "sit" and "look outside" is by doing this: Activate the EzDok view adjustment mode (default Numpad 2). Rotate until you are facing directly at the headrest, Then move as close to it without getting the see through/interference you get when you are "in it". Then rotate back to cockpit and lock in the view.

A few weeks back I made the move to P3D (never been happier with a sim). VpCorrection still works like a charm, and here is how you use it in conjunction with EzDok.

Its really quite simple, upon commencing pushback I disable EzDok (Numpad 3 by default) I then activate Vp Correction and it remains activated until I complete the after takeoff checklist.

On approach passing 10k or so, I once again disable EzDok and activate VpCorrection until pulling up to the gate.

Panning around the cockpit in Vp Correction is done by holding the space bar down (by default) and moving the mouse. Remember you can adjust the default VpCorrection view position (vertically, laterally and longitudinally) using ALT or CTRL or SHIFT + DEL/ENT. Then remember to set it (to save it). I set my Vp Forrection to match my EzDok default view.

Okay, thank you for your explanations. I'm going to try.

Regards,

I would love to work on a solution for the co-existance of EzDok and VpCorrection. Unfortunatly I'm unable get in contact with any of the developers of EzDok.

Holger Schmid

I would love to work on a solution for the co-existance of EzDok and VpCorrection. Unfortunatly I'm unable get in contact with any of the developers of EzDok.

Someone asked previously if you have considered contacting Opus Software about working with their camera view system?

They are usually very responsive on their AVSIM forum.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'm already in contact with Opus - at a very early stage.

Just wondering Holger, did you get any reply from anyone at TRACKIR yet??

Jimmy Nestor

All working really well now, I use CH Yoke and control the zoom directly from the yoke however despite setting my preferred zoom VP correction will not store it unless I specifically use the default keys as explained in the read me notes,

I load PMDG 773 and set my desire view using the keyboard only default keys after I have enabled VP correction, then I store it and it works well.

About 45 pilots contacted me for testing and have been provided with a license to try the add on. I received some very good feedback about issues and enhancements and for about 4 weeks now, the code is pretty stable.

In its current state, the algorithm is able to handle all planes - not only PMDG777 and PMDG747-400. The pilots used it for PMDG747-400, PMDG777 (200 and 300), PMDG737, A319, A320, etc. Supported platforms are FSX, FSX-SE and P3Dv2.

I tried to get in contact with the develpers of EZdok and Track-IR. Unfortunatly with no success. So the limitation still exits that the addon is not compatible with these two add-ons.

I have not yet decided how to proceed commercially with this add-on. If you like to use the add-on, please drop a mail at vp.correction@hotmail.com to receive a time limited license (currently for free ;-).

Holger, 

i sent you a mail for getting a new serial..... I think you could sell this product at simmarket, for example. I would pay about 10 Euros for this because it seems that this fixes a really strange issue. It´s a very good tool i think.