Sign in to follow this  
noffa

Next aircraft teaser!

A round opening with something round in the middle doesn't make it a jet.

"A round opening with a Hamilton-Standard prop hub doesn't make it a jet." :P

Could be that as well. I hope they include realistic folding wings on whichever one it turns out to be (and a cockpit of course!). Both the F-6F and the Corsair were carrier aircraft after all. Come to think of it, wouldn`t it be nice if they made an aircraft carrier to land on? Very much doubt it though. Wishfull thinking more than anyhing.

If it has a cockpit i buy it, otherwise its just another nail in the coffin for Flight and me, cant believe anyone actually buys them if they dont have a cockpit, whats the point.

Honestly? I simply don't care at all what it is. No cockpit; no sale! :Loser:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Looks like a F-6F

No, it's definitely an F4U. Compare:

657546.jpg

To... 524475_356905941038060_100257846702872_936472_1331959829_n.jpg

• The teaser shows the bottom-left corner of the Tail Control Access panel.
  • The skin panels line up perfectly.
  • You can even see the lift-point in the teaser, too. I had previously mistaken it for just damaged paint.

If it were an F6F, the root of the port horizontal stabilizer would likely be visible in the place occupied by the edge of the access panel. The F6F's horizontal stab sits much further forward then an F4U's, and I don't recall seeing any access panels in that area, either.

Without a doubt, its a "Hose Nose" F4U.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Question about these cockpitless warbirds. The sounds in the deluxe aircraft are amazing. Engines, wind noise, rattles at high speed, wheels and brakes etc. How are the sounds in the warbirds? I haven't bought any, but the Corsair is one of my favorites and I may have to go for it. when you are "in" the aircraft, does it sound like it, or does it sound like when you open the canopy on the RV-6?

I too am getting a little bored with these teasers.

However, we have known for some time there was one more warbird in the pipeline for Hawaii. I believe that was planned and much probably produced before even the initial release. And it was a safe bet, it too would not have a cockpit.

I am hanging my hat on, what hopefully will come with Alaska. I have a feeling we will have some real excitement when it is released - hopefully.

Kerberos - the only warbird I have is the P51 - am not around my home puter to check again, as I have not flown it in a while, but if I recall I was not too overly impressed with the sound of it. Fun to buzz around in a little though...

I too am getting a little bored with these teasers.

same here. I am grown out of these kind of things. but obviously this again shows their target audience...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

The F-4 is a very beautiful plane!!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Or F-4U to be precise. (sorry)

The F-4 is the Phantom jet fighter. ( which is also beautiful in a rugged kind of way)