Sign in to follow this  
noffa

Next aircraft teaser!

They've turned comments off. No surprise there though.

Not necessarily! There's allways that PAN and reposotion of the eyepoint, and the Camera View...

and you are happy to fly an aeroplane like that ?????

good luck to you and flight !

And good luck to you and your very tall horse, sir! :Just Kidding:

It must be terrible when you don't have instruments to fixate on and have to look at the scenery to fly.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Well, there is a minor difference between "fixating on" and "having available when needed."

Just announced - the new aircraft is indeed the Corsair!

Check the FB page or the official website.

The marketing is odd. The people most likely to recognize the clues are the very ones least likely to be interested in a cockpit-less plane......

Jeez.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The marketing is odd. The people most likely to recognize the clues are the very ones least likely to be interested in a cockpit-less plane......

Jeez.

The marketing is quite odd.

They seem to think they can capture millions of casual gamers by giving them toys that are fun for a minutes, but after that there is nothing to actually do with them.

Casual gamers are into the "doing", just like the serious gamers, not looking at their toys. What they do may be different, but they need something to do, and it must be fun and addictive.

Flying a plane is not unlike driving a truck for a living. I don't recall seeing a successful and popular casual truck-driving game.

The "doing" is the difference between gaming and just playing. If Flight wants to hold onto casual gamers, they must provide more than just toys to play with... they need the structure that defines a game.

I don't see an obvious way to build such a simple, addictive, long-term sustainable, casual "game" around Flight's Basic planes an,d I don't think MS does either, or we would already have it.

I believe this is an experiment to see if they can get some revenue at an early stage to offset the cost of a long term development project.

I wonder when they are going to add some features that could actually interest casual gamers too, just flying around and completing few civilian missions probably gets boring after a while.

What do you suggest? Combat missions? Just what we need. It's hard enough flying around in public multi-player without having some idiot fly into you on short finals without added guns to the thing.

Randomly generated search and rescue flights under the Jobs listings, similar to the one existing rescue mission, would be a great start. Target wouldn't have to be limited to water-landing pickups, either. Simply finding the target and reporting their location is the biggest part of real-world SAR. Could be overland, as well. Having lived in Hawaii, there are searches for lost hikers up in the hills on a surprisingly frequent basis.

Crop-dusting would be another great way to flesh out Jobs. MFS actually used to have a crop-dusting mini-game.

Maybe banner-pulling down the popular beaches, too, having to fly a specific course and keeping the banner straight in the "viewing" area. (Not that this is actually permitted in the real Hawaii, but still, it's "just a game").

And of course, fire-fighting. We'd need an appropriately-equipped helicopter or bigger plane for that, though. I've watched the helicopter bucket-brigade fighting a brush-fire in the dry Wai'anae range on Oahu, heading down to the beach to dip then flying back up to drop. Again and again.

A helicopter would also open up aerial crane jobs, helicopter tours, off-airport pick-ups or deliveries, etc.