Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Scripts and Flows

Gent's I just wish to say what a great program MCE is. Flying with Jean-Claude is a great pleasure. When way back in April I said he is "nasty" it sure is well deserved on my part. Jean-Claude if you read this it was truly meant as a compliment. Once again I am more than happy having purchased MCE and thank you guy's for the hard work and continued support you have given me. I still would love to have the C47 done if possible. I also follow David's videos on how to work with voix box and try to fit my DC 3 checklist. Cheers and thanks Gerald, Ben and David.

Captain to First Officer: " I didn't say it was your fault I am just blaming you " 

Hello .... i'm a longtime user of MCE but have to qualify that by saying, not being a 'deep systems' man, I have never really got down to the nitty gritty of checklists, flows etc .... have had problems of late getting the program to work, but, fingers crossed am out of the woods on that front ... to celebrate, bought a copy of the Majestic Q400 at a discounted price and aim to have a crack at running its systems using MCE ... first problem is, having had a look at the MCE flows/checklist document I am struggling to interpret it .... in other words work out who does what ... is the use of different coloured print for some lists some kind of key etc .... basically needing some one to throw a little light on proceedings .... 

Alan

Hello Alan,

The checklists are pretty much standard read and do. The state of the switch is known by MCE FO, so if it's set wrong either he/she will correct it or you can do it. The Dash 8 is so well designed that setting the switches yourself becomes fairly quick.

The flows, I would keep them basic. The most important flow is the "climb flow". In this flow, the FO sets the condition levers to climb power before the oil temperature gets too high and drops the pressure, resulting in one of those superbly modelled Mjc Engine failures,..:-)

Bear in mind, as Gerald has said, the "flat" panel switches, (APU, Engine start, on overhead and Auto feather, Fuel pumps and Hydraulic PSU are not yet supported) These are typical FO/PNF switches. I include these in the climb checklist so you can pop them off during the climb. (And pop them back on at descent) If you put these commands in the Vox Script as a "Notify", then the FO will verbally remind you to switch these on or off during descent and climb. It becomes second nature if you fly the Dash 8 a lot, she's an addictive aircraft!

A superb feature is the MCE radio tune feature. Just ask FO to set radios/NAV/ADF/Squawk and MCE will open the right side FMC and then punch in the correct numbers! This really is a true FO/PNF action and big help to the Pilot Flying....you!

Oh, BTW, during start up and when you ask the mechanic to disconnect the GPU, likewise the FO FMC opens and the "services" menu gets the selection to remove GPU. Its quite superb!

Hope this helps a little.

You can peek at my latest Dash 8 vids if you like? These show the flows in action.

Best regards

David

I have some non aviation scripts i have added but the FO fails to say everything. I thought it was me needing to upgrade my graphics but reading previous posts here you all have said i need to use tts voices because the stock voices dont have that many words in their arsenal. 1 question how do you add sound files and does that sound the right conclusion to the previous problem.

I have some non aviation scripts i have added but the FO fails to say everything. I thought it was me needing to upgrade my graphics but reading previous posts here you all have said i need to use tts voices because the stock voices dont have that many words in their arsenal. 1 question how do you add sound files and does that sound the right conclusion to the previous problem.

To trigger a sound file with a custom command, proceed as follows.

Go to <Command> tab in MCE UI and click <Voxscript> button

In "Voxscript Overview" panel, click <New> to create a custom command. Your speech command can be anything you want, except one of the built-in commands.

Once it's listed, select it and click <Edit>

Don't do anything in "Script properties" pane., just click <Edit script commands>

In "Script commands" panel, click <Add sound> button and browse to the location of the pre-recorded file.

Don't forget to save.

After that, speaking your command will trigger the audio.

For instance, this is a way to communicate with cabin crew using your airline protocol.

If you can get hold of real world recordings of cabin crew briefings....you get the point. :smile:

Only limitation, can only use wav files right now. If you have mp3 files, need to convert them first using many available free tools.

Therefore, it's an alternative to TTS voices, especially when you don't intend to use those heavily.

I started to make my own flows. After making some mods I could not test my script. I realized there are two folders where the scripts are saved:

1. C:\Users\Mario\Documents\Multi Crew Experience\MyVoiceScripts\Copilot\Aircraft\mjc8q400 and
  2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\Support\Files\VoiceScripts\Copilot\Aircraft\mjc8q400

I take it that you need to copy your script from location 1 above to 2 where presumably, MCE takes the flows.

I did not know that - is it mentioned anywhere in the documents? The vox script manual doesn't talk about it.

For the checklists, the files are all saved in one location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ChkLists. What is the use of "Bombardier_Q400_check_rdr.xml" in C:\Users\Mario\Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Checklists?

I take it that you need to copy your script from location 1 above to 2 where presumably, MCE takes the flows.

Location 2 is where your personal flows should go and they are never over-written.

The copying is done automatically when you run the wizard. Those in \Program Files (x86)\ are just there for backup in case you mess-up the original ones.

The file with ".rdr" extension is no concern to you. It's MCE dynamically creating an XML file for your custom txt checklist file you submit (and eventually amend). The speech engine cannot read ".txt" files.

Location 2 is where your personal flows should go and they are never over-written

You probably meant location 1 in the "My Voice Scripts" folder.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Just downloaded the trial version of MCE and although I had limited time to give it a good test I was very impressed with its versatility and promise - so I decided to splash out and buy the ultimate version or whatever it is called.

I have been using the Embraer 175 and 195 from Feel there quite a bit as its one of the only two aircraft I can use at my VA at the moment. Does any one by any chance have any scripts for these aircraft I could have a play with to get me started - I am sure eventually I will enjoy creating my own, but don't want to run before I can walk. Any help would be greatly received.

Sorry meant to add that it is the version 2 I have - the one with the co-pilot and embedded checklists

I just wanted to chime in on this topic because I invested many hours trying to get a good interaction between me and the crew using scripts.  However, my scripts focus primarily on all phases of flight with the aircraft systems and not chit chat.

Among other premium aircraft addons, I fly the Majestic Q400 Pilot and Pro editions. MCE has done an excellent job in modeling the Pilot Edition with scripts and direct voice commands. Plus I have my own custom scripts that work very well. 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:01 AM, ibomiles said:

I just wanted to chime in on this topic because I invested many hours trying to get a good interaction between me and the crew using scripts.  However, my scripts focus primarily on all phases of flight with the aircraft systems and not chit chat.

Among other premium aircraft addons, I fly the Majestic Q400 Pilot and Pro editions. MCE has done an excellent job in modeling the Pilot Edition with scripts and direct voice commands. Plus I have my own custom scripts that work very well. 

The Pro Edition has a FMC/ARCDU problem.  When asked to tune a frequency while in the VC cockpit view, MCE will not display the FMC panel.  Instead it displays the ARCDU panel.  However, if I'm in the 2D cockpit view and the FMC only (and not the entire center console) is displayed manually, MCE will tune the requested frequency.  I would think someone has already gotten this resolved.  I just have not seen the fix.  Any help would be appreciated.

Problem resolved itself when I downloaded the latest updates.

Hi,

I just finished some script for the PMDG NGX 800 WL based on NORWEGIAN (NAX) B738NGX  Standard operation procedure (SOP) and checklist 
This package includes:

•  22 new scripts
  •  Flows and checklist
  • 3 sounds files:
    - Departure brief
    - NAX safety demonstration in Norwegian and English language
    - NAX After landing announcement
  • Cold and dark panel state with doors locked and ground power available

Please carefully read the included readme and install instructions

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7H78L8tsBz-bGdaMmFMUG4yZGc?usp=sharing

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Olmba said:

Hi,

I just finished some script for the PMDG NGX 800 WL based on NORWEGIAN (NAX) B738NGX  Standard operation procedure (SOP) and checklist 
This package includes:

•  22 new scripts
  •  Flows and checklist
  • 3 sounds files:
    - Departure brief
    - NAX safety demonstration in Norwegian and English language
    - NAX After landing announcement
  • Cold and dark panel state with doors locked and ground power available

Please carefully read the included readme and install instructions

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7H78L8tsBz-bGdaMmFMUG4yZGc?usp=sharing

Excellent!

Always nice to see users wake-up to the MCE Voxscript concept and not be afraid to implement their own procedures.

No worries, users won't mess anything by replacing flows.

Pauses equal or lower than 2 seconds are no longer needed these days, as MCE automatically inserts a second and a half or two between two consecutive actions.

Feel free to delete all "pause=2" from the flows if you feel like FO is taking too long to execute them.

And since MCE is good at detecting aircraft status and flight phases, it doesn't really matter in which state the aircraft is started.

Olmba has provided the complete SOP from cold and dark to finish.

FO will eventually execute whatever flow you deem necessary for the current aircraft state you're on, without needing to go through all of them in the correct sequence unless you choose to.

Looking forward to emergency procedures :smile:

• Upvote 1