Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Scripts and Flows

I thought, since many people seem to enjoy using the scripts, we could have a thread for them...

Clive had a very good idea, so I have uploaded the latest scripts and flows for the NGX and MD-11 to Avsim....

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=168983

if the link doesnt work, simply do a search for "MCE"

Good work Will just starting to use them now got the new mike seems to be better, having a play tomorrow :-) have a chat Sunday Arvo if your free? Wayne.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Just remember everyone, this is NOT like other programs, you do NOT have to repeat ONLY these commands like a parrot, these are samples to give you an idea of what you can achieve.

For example, to retract flaps you have several variations of commands, you are not restricted to the sample in the flow i have created.

Same with connecting with ground, i have listed "Mechanic", but you can use ground, etc.

I've been working on some scripts for the Purser/cabin crew, just to bring some interaction outside of the normal flows and checklists. Bit like the day to day stuff perhaps crews get up to. Hopefully you will learn a bit more about our favorite FO (Travis), there is a 'back story to him(still working through it). You might find out a thing or two about him, if you ask the right questions!

I've done this for two reasons, really. 1. To get me learning about scripts, thanks to the FS++ team for answering my questions that I have bombarded them with today. Secondly, hopefully it will add that extra 'something' to MCE, but it has no effect on flying or aircraft control and if you don't want to use it, then you don't have to.

hopefully, I will get the scripts on here very soon.

Anyway, if anyone can think of anything, along these lines then please feel free to add your comments here.

FS++ Team, thought some of them were quiet amusing .

I will keep everyone up to date on the progress

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Wow, sounds good Clive!!! And do tell about Travis...I feel like I know him so well since he comes along in every flight I do :)

.I feel like I know him so well since he comes along in every flight I do

and sometime when your with him, i just felt like have a 'general conversation' with him and what does the rest of the crew know about him :Thinking:

OK....looks like I need to get out more..I knowJust%20Kidding.gif , but hopefully it will bring 'something' else to MCE and gain showing how versatile MCE can be

Anyway I thought it was fun, and I've learnt something new.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Ok, here's a script from the Real TRAVIS

its coffee time do you want one.vscr

[REPLIES]

Reply1=I'll take one with cream and sugar, thanks.

Reply2=Me too. That'll hit the spot.

Reply3=Just black for me this time.

Reply4=Sure, with French vanilla please.

[sCRIPT]

pause=1

[OPTIONS]

Verbose=1

Suspend=0

RequireConfirmation=0

This will only work if you set the FO voice to a TTS voice. This is due to the 'limited vocabulary' of the recorded voices.

Going on from the script above; the FS++ team have said that if we 'the users' would like the FO 'voice actors' to recorded more words, then they would look at it, but it might or might not happen in the short term.

So, how do we get this information to the FS++ team. These words would probably be 'non aviation' type words, but you never know. There might be an aviation word that has been missed! The FO 'actors have already covered the vast majority of aviation words .

So if we wanted 'Travis' to say the above script then we would have to identify the words he could not say. Here's how its done:

Change the option "Debug=0" to "Debug=1" in mce.ini file, any word the FO is unable to speak will be spitted to a file called "fo_missing_words.out" that will be created in the same folder as mce.ini

Send the file to FS++ support and they will try and get the FO's do do some more recordings.

Let's keep it sensible in what is sent to the team.

For general chat with pursers, TTS voices are the way to go because they can handle anything, including referring to you with whatever your nickname is.

The FO's recorded voice already has 4800+ recordings (200meg) and that is without recording the 25000 airport names

The Purser voice pack is about 4meg

So, as you can see there is already a 'big' difference!

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I thought, since many people seem to enjoy using the scripts, we could have a thread for them...

Clive had a very good idea, so I have uploaded the latest scripts and flows for the NGX and MD-11 to Avsim....

http://library.avsim...php?DLID=168983

if the link doesnt work, simply do a search for "MCE"

When trying to DL this from the library it prompts me for a user name and password.

Hi Ian, it is asking for the password for the Avsim library, if you don't have one, just register for it. You can't download anything from the library without a separate username and password for it.

Hi Ian, it is asking for the password for the Avsim library, if you don't have one, just register for it. You can't download anything from the library without a separate username and password for it.

Got it sorted out, thanks. :)

Good to hear. If you are after the flows for the NGX, do a search, Ray created some fantastic ones, including some emergency procedures.

Has anybody created Flows/Scripts for the JS4100???

Hi Chaps,

I have a full selection of flows and some sound scripts for the PMDG Jetstream J41.

The flows are taken direct from the PMDG FCOM and work as seen in the videos.

Take a look at the various MCE videos on my You Tube site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PVDUOufrMc&feature=share&list=PL7227316D8D4AAA3E&index=14

There's also NGX flows and one for the Uiver DC2 with emergency engine shutdown. 

If any one is interested I will try an upload to Avsim, although I have never uploaded anything before!

The "pre-flight briefing", or any briefing can be pre-recorded by anyone. Just use a voice recorder that records .wav files and attach the .wav file to your script and add it into your flow.  

You can also add any .wav file recordings to any part of any flow or even use a simple script to add the .wav files to a "conversation" with the 1st officer or cabin crew.

There is a .wav for Stella (my favourite cabin crew attendant) for before take off and after landing announcement in the J41 flows and scripts. She is also in the NGX scripts.

e.g....

ask Stella for her before take off flow please.vscr

[REPLIES]
Reply1=Ok cap.

[sCRIPT]

pause=1
.wav Stella before take off flow (locate the sound file on your PC and double click on it to add it to the script)

[OPTIONS]
Verbose=1
Suspend=0
require Confirmation=0

In the script part just "point" (click on) to where your recording is located. As long as its a .wav file then Vox Script will play it. Experiment with the pauses and a reasonable conversation may be built up.

If anyone has a female volunteer who has a good acting voice, then some amusing cabin crew conversations may be built up using this method. (Doesn't have to be female but that's personal preference!) :P

Its a pity there aren't more folks aware of the huge possibilities available with MCE and Vox Script. These sound files may be added to any Vox Script. You could record a "go around" checklist and add it to a go around script so the 1st officer reads out the checklist as he completes the actions. 

I am away from my flight sim PC at the moment, so it may be a while before I get to uploading anything if anyone's interested. Also I don't know how big the .wav files are. There is a limit on the upload size.

Best Regards

David

Great videos David, learnt heaps about different options I didnt even know you could access!

Sent from my Mobile thing