Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike_CFII_MEL

REX Essentials / Simconnect / P3D / Cloud Popping

Hi,

Is the cloud popping fixed with P3D and REX Essentials?. If this is a Simconnect issue, is it repairable via L/M?.

I'm in Florida looking to buy a new home, not at my sim. Would love to see some screen shots.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Doesn't P3D have new shaders, would this fix still be applicable?

Doesn't P3D have new shaders, would this fix still be applicable?

That is why I have been holding out on this tweak.

I don't have Prepar3D so I can't try it, backup your folder and try it if it does not work you can just revert back, can't you not?

I don't have Prepar3D

Then your in the wrong forum. I would prefer to take advice from those with experience with the P3D. There are differences. Backing up and changing can still get you in trouble and its not worth the risk.

Then your in the wrong forum. I would prefer to take advice from those with experience with the P3D. There are differences. Backing up and changing can still get you in trouble and its not worth the risk.

I guess you are right, let others take the risk and do the work for you.

Please guys. Alain is just trying to be helpful and his suggestions are as welcome here as in any other forum. FSX and P3D being so similar, what works for one could work for the other.

Hi,

I don't mind taking advice from fellow simmers (good, bad or indifferent) I'll eventually judge the fix for myself, but I do agree that if someone is going to give advice and is "NOT" using the sim and/or fix itself, they should include some type of disclaimer along with the advice given that they themselves have not tried said tweak, fix.

Please guys. Alain is just trying to be helpful and his suggestions are as welcome here as in any other forum. FSX and P3D being so similar, what works for one could work for the other.

Fair enough, Michael. It's just that his taking the time to search for and post here what could be relevant information seemed a bit unwelcome.

Hi,

Rest assured it is appreciated (by myself anyway), I will test this just as soon as I get back to NY. I would also be remiss if I didn't say thank you.

With that being said, Thanks Alain I appreciate your input, I hope it works.

NOTE:

In P3D, NewmaterialUsage is ALREADY set to "False" ( as anyone with P3D would easily be able to see), so this "FIX". that may work for FSX, is effectively already done for P3D by default.

ie

const bool EffectDeclaration
<
string Name	 = "SwarmCloud";
string Class	= "Basic";
bool   NewMaterialUsage = false;
> = true;

I don't have Prepar3D so I can't try it, backup your folder and try it if it does not work you can just revert back, can't you not?

I thought that was a good disclaimer?

@ Mike, you are welcome.

@ Geoff, since this fix is already implemented in Prepar3D do you see any popping clouds with REX Essentials?

@ Geoff, since this fix is already implemented in Prepar3D do you see any popping clouds with REX Essentials?

I don't have REX installed on Prepar3D so I can't try it

what do you mean by popping clouds?

I am now in the process of installing REXE in P3D.

if you explain to me the issue I can try and test it.

Hi,

The clouds just instantly pop into view as your flying.

what do you mean by popping clouds?

I'll check that and let you guys know.

I am configuring REXE now slowly along side the manual.

I don't have REX installed on Prepar3D so I can't try it

The red text response.... :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

I didn't get it....what is so funny about it? Ben...

I tried REXE in P3D, no cloud pop up that I've noticed.

it was gradually injected into the SIM

REX-E & P3D - no cloud popping here - and IMHO, it's smoother in P3D than FSX.

Hi,

Sounds good, can't wait until I'm back in NY to give the sim a heavy workout.

Thanks

REX-E & P3D - no cloud popping here

I have P3D and Rex Essentials, I haven't seen any cloud popping in P3d, but I don't fly high in heavys so I can't say 100%. I do have some weirdness where I get ridiculous changing altitudes, for example I loaded up at KJAC at 6500 feet and my altimeter was reading FL340...I couldn't even start the engine.

I didn't get it....what is so funny about it? Ben...

You would have to personally know Geoff to really understand his humor. :biggrin:

Yes the same for me no clouds pupping out, sometime I do face instant change on visibility I will try to extend the range of weather to cover with REX Essential and set the update to every 30min, therefore it shoud create a more realistic transition I think.