Sign in to follow this  
fsxkitty

I have reached a breakthrough!

Sorry in advance if someone has discovered this before me, as it's quite likely.

I was going through Flight's folder in C:\\Users... and I found the Flight.CFG.

I was looking through the CFG, and some lines caught my attention:

[Traffic]

AirlineDensity=0

GADensity=0

RoadDensity=0

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0

BoatDensity=0

IFROnly=False

AirportDensity=0

There you have it! Flight's world will not always be "dead" like it is now. There's gonna be airlines, GA, road traffic and boats! The fact that there's an "IFROnly" entry means that there should be ATC as well!

This is exciting stuff for me!

Funny how FSX had those by default, maybe they are going to release traffic as DLC to get even more money out from basic features.

But nice find.

I reckon traffic will come with the Alaskan Wilderness Package. Joshua Howard has said that the package will come with more than just scenery and aircraft.

with more than just scenery and aircraft.

there will certainly be bears!!!! Cockpitless bears of course!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Sorry in advance if someone has discovered this before me, as it's quite likely.

Quite likely indeed. :wink:

The fact that these entries are there doesn't say too much... There are a lot of entries that seem to be leftovers from FSX and which may never be actually used in the future. I also (obviously) hope there will be traffic (and everything else) in Flight one day, but we won't know if that's going to happen until it's actually happening. A few entries in a cfg prove nothing, I am afraid...

Perhaps they left those in the .cfg file as a future possible enhancement. (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)

I reckon traffic will come with the Alaskan Wilderness Package. Joshua Howard has said that the package will come with more than just scenery and aircraft.

Where did he say this?

How do you get to see those options? When I click on the Flight.CFG I just get told that Windows is unable to open the file. If I let it use the web service to find the correct program I just get taken to a MS webpage that does not give you any idea about how to open it.

I am using Win7 Home Premium 64bit.

Right click the file, select open with, then pick notepad. It can open and edit it fine.

Config type files are usually some of the first files to be written into a program.

Many developers (myself included) will include settings for as many possible features as they think they may include at first. It's easier to do that than to constantly add new config files which can lead to hard to fix bugs.

I think it's probably just as likely that, in the beginning of Flight development, they had planned/hoped to have these things in it, but then changed their mind for whatever reason.

Leaving the settings in-place makes sense for two reasons.

Firstly it makes it possible to change your mind.

Secondly, and more importantly, there may be portions of the code that rely on having that setting in place. Removing settings file may cause these other portions of the game crash when it goes looking for a setting that no longer exists and the developer forgot about.

Noah Bryant

I think it's probably just as likely that, in the beginning of Flight development, they had planned/hoped to have these things in it, but then changed their mind for whatever reason.

I was just going to say something like this, I think that in the beginning of development they planed flight to be the successor to fsx, then someone woke up and said why give them the whole world when we can just nickle and dime these guys, small area's and aircraft with no cockpits.

I was just going to say something like this, I think that in the beginning of development they planed flight to be the successor to fsx, then someone woke up and said why give them the whole world when we can just nickle and dime these guys, small areas and aircraft with no cockpits.

I would not be surprised if that is how it actually happened while developing Flight