Sign in to follow this  
TracyQ

So, should I delete REX 2.0, and install Essentials?

Finally got Essentials downloaded, but a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on uninstalling REX 2.0 after reading a few posts where some users report that it (Essentials) runs even slower than 2.0.

Generally, I don't mess with REX once I have let it install it's textures, i.e., I don't change clouds or anything every time I fly.

I guess I am just confused, and reading the REX forums generally leaves me more confused. Oh, and I am not someone who is comfortable with moving files and such-pretty much a lamer when it comes to that "stuff".

Is Essentials that much better?

I uninstalled v2 and rebooted my system and only then did I install Essentials and I have got no FPS impact.

Aaron G.

Same here. Just install Essentials. You won't regret it.

Tnx, just needed a push because I have finally got FSX running like it should, to my standards, anyway.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

You can run both at the same time with no issues.

I have rex ess and rex2.0 installed.

I asked a guy from Rex and he said it is fine to do that and it works fine for me

I can choose either

Keithy George

Yes, I had the same quandary, finally decided to un-install Rex-overdrive v2 and installed Rex Essentials. The download and installation went perfectly and Rex Essentials is a big improvement. No FPS impact. The weather engine is particularly a huge improvement on the old one which I couldn't use due to crashes to desk top issues. Three cheers to the REX team! :Applause:

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Go for it. I took off REX 2.0 and Overdrive to install it here. Glad I did.

HP Omen Intel Core i9 @ 3.6GHz
64GB RAM @ 1596MHz, NVidia GeForce RTX 3090
Windows 10 64bit, 2 x 2TB SSD, 2TB 7200RPM SATA Drive

[

<br />You can run both at the same time with no issues<br />

Same with me. No problem running either.

Waiting on the overdrive upgrade myself.

- Aaron

Yup, same here, and I hope it´s not the same waiting as with REX-E:

6 months!!

:Hypnotized:

Shouldn't be too long until the OD package arrives, not? REX still is beautiful, so the wait will be ok I guess. :smile:

yes you should lots of user are having problem an it is because they have rex folders an so on in there computer . Once you have deleted REX 2.0 an all that stuff . Delete also rex folder to be more cleared delete anything that has to deal with rex. Also clean your registry an i think your good to go . Remember to run the setup as admin .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Finally got Essentials downloaded, but a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on uninstalling REX 2.0 after reading a few posts where some users report that it (Essentials) runs even slower than 2.0.

Generally, I don't mess with REX once I have let it install it's textures, i.e., I don't change clouds or anything every time I fly.

I guess I am just confused, and reading the REX forums generally leaves me more confused. Oh, and I am not someone who is comfortable with moving files and such-pretty much a lamer when it comes to that "stuff".

Is Essentials that much better?

Yes, they got rid of some bugs that manifested on my machine and others, but maybe not all, and it runs great now.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I kept them both installed as well but haven't run REX 2.0 since installing Essentials. I will keep REX 2.0 on anyways just in case. Not like it is taking up space in the garage as Hard Drive space is not an issue for me.

Matthew Kane