Sign in to follow this  
RoboRay

New Alaska screenies

There appears to be some streaks in the airport pic, I wonder if that's falling snow. Low and Snowy.

I assume they also have snow-free terrain for summertime? That'll be interesting -- a totally different look for summer/winter. I wonder if the winter runways (or roads for that matter) are slippery?

I assume they also have snow-free terrain for summertime? That'll be interesting -- a totally different look for summer/winter. I wonder if the winter runways (or roads for that matter) are slippery?

I have been wondering about that. Extra textures for more seasons may mean a significant increase in download size. Are they trying to stick to a certain package size? (I suspect around 4gigs) or will it be whatever size it needs to be.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Someone on FB said it was Kodiak airport (PADQ)

Yep

kodiakx.jpg

There is a Coast Guard station there, wonder if we'll see a jayhawk or C-130? PANC isn't far off either unless they just give us Kodiak Island, LOL

I sure hope they go as far south as ketchikan

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks for the images, guys. Looks great, looking forward to it like everybody else! :Party: :dance:

Best regards.

Luis

Looking fwd too. Will get it the day it gets released ;-)

Read the text at the MS FLIGHT site regarding the new challenges... In Hawaii the challenging elements were WWII aircraft, while in Alaska the Nature will offer the challenges / DLCs? Maybe weather DLCs

Simply GREAT!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Wow! Not only did I grow up on Kodiak Island, but I grew up right there at the airport. So this is fantastic news for me :)

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Wow! Not only did I grow up on Kodiak Island, but I grew up right there at the airport. So this is fantastic news for me :)

Then youll be able to tell us if they got it right ;)

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Then youll be able to tell us if they got it right ;)

Judging by how spot-on accurate the building location, size, orientation and texturing was for the Hawaii airports, I anticipate they will be quite right.

Hello

To be perfectly honest it looks worse than what is available for FSX, they really are not pushing the boundaries with Flight!.

Come on guys, do you really think this is up to 2012 standards.

At what total price, and what framerate?

Hello

At great frame rates, but who cares about cost, its a hobby, no matter what hobby you choose they are all going to be expensive if you take them seriously enough.

With much more DLC, Flight will cost also depending on the user and the areas/aircraft they decide to buy

the biggest reason Flight runs so well is that so many aspects that are in FSX are missing and MS control what you put in your game. You load up a high quality 3rd party airport like KLAX, throw in lots of AI and then run a high quality aircraft like PMDG with real weather, Flight will drop in performance just like FSX..

Don't get me wrong, I like Flight and enjoy it....for what it is, which is very different from FSX.

Best, Michael

KDFW