Sign in to follow this  
RoboRay

New Alaska screenies

who cares about cost

The casual gamers, MS' proclaimed target audience.

I will pay "simmer" prices, but the Xbox crowd is already complaining about $6 airplane prices.

I have noticed no new aircraft screenshots yet. Trying to hide that there are no cockpits in this DLC Microsoft?

I have noticed no new aircraft screenshots yet. Trying to hide that there are no cockpits in this DLC Microsoft?

I have no insight information, but for me, the only logical path is that there must be at least one deluxe airplane included or released at the same time as Alaska, and probably a Maule Ice package update.

Let’s just hope that afterwards they don’t release the Cold War Alaska themed cockpitless warbirds.

Let’s just hope that afterwards they don’t release the Cold War Alaska themed cockpitless warbirds.

An SR-71 maybe? :o

An SR-71 maybe? :o

That one would be my one and only one cockpitless buy,

(To get the aerocache and some other awards)

I think they will offer a new AC with cockpit either in the alaska package or along with its release. If they offer up a twin otter or caravan i will probably have to reinstall Flight and buy some addons. Alaska is one of the best places to sim in the world. More likely a caravan or beaver made over from FSX like the maule.

Just as a note, they never showed cockpit shots for the Hawaii teasers till just before launch. They are showing off Alaska, not an aircraft. I dont expect cockpit shots till they are ready to show off the aircraft.

Hello

At great frame rates, but who cares about cost, its a hobby, no matter what hobby you choose they are all going to be expensive if you take them seriously enough.

Take a screenshot of Kodiak airport and show us.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I hope they are going to show us a lot more at the E3. It's a shame that Flight is not a flagship for Microsoft anymore. MS Flight Simulator used to be something they were proud of, but now it's just something on the side that did not make it to their E3 press conference, while a bunch of unoriginal games occupy the front stage... It's sad. I hope that they have a demo and more footage to show at their booth at least...

I hope they are going to show us a lot more at the E3. It's a shame that Flight is not a flagship for Microsoft anymore. MS Flight Simulator used to be something they were proud of, but now it's just something on the side that did not make it to their E3 press conference, while a bunch of unoriginal games occupy the front stage... It's sad. I hope that they have a demo and more footage to show at their booth at least...

I agree... it almost seems as though they 'forgot' that they make games for PC, and not just for XBox!

I sent a comment at https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw;en;1539&ws=corpinfo&ws=support&ws=mscom asking why there isn't more coverage of Flight at E3... probably the wrong place to send it and maybe no one will listen but maybe someone will...

I thought of emailing the Flight team but I don't think they have any control over it - they probably would like to get more covering at E3 too but are displaced by the XBox 800 pound gorilla!

E3 has morphed into a console fest and Flight is not and never will be on the console.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I'd like to see the "better" screenshot from FSX as well... people said the same thing about Hawaii, and I don't think any of them looked as good as, and certainly not better than Flight.

On FB MS Flight postet that there will be basic and deluxe aircrafts. Meaning with and without VC. Give me all of those deluxe aircrafts and you can have my money instantly :-) the basic only in a "deal of the week" bundle on Steam.

On FB MS Flight postet that there will be basic and deluxe aircrafts. Meaning with and without VC. Give me all of those deluxe aircrafts and you can have my money instantly :-) the basic only in a "deal of the week" bundle on Steam.

Quote please! :wink: I really hope those planes without a VC are crappy planes, warbirds preferably... I'd hate to see an awesome plane being released as basic only... I will also buy any scenery and any plane with VC instantly.

From the MS FLIGHT site:

"The difference is that the opponents in Alaska aren’t other pilots: they’re the elements and terrain itself. In a land where the nearest roads might be hundreds of miles away, planes provide the only efficient way to travel and transport cargo over long distances. You’ll face capricious crosswinds over mysterious vistas, unpredictable terrain with isolated and difficult landing strips, and other challenges in this land of fierce and dangerous beauty."

I believe that with Alaska we may experience different types of DLCs, including weather features, places to land, as well as aircraft of course. A Piper Cub could perfectly be cockpitless because when you fly one for real, specially under adverse weather, the thing you'll do the less will be staring at the instrument panel :-)

For cargo missions I believe we can well get a Beaver, but somehow I believe we will not get a multi-engine aircraft, at least for the start... Hum... No problem with that for me... Also, I believe a multi-engine will never be released cockpitless... so, if we get one with Alaska it will most probably be "deluxe" :-)

Let Alaska come along... FLIGHT Rulez!!!!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...