Sign in to follow this  
nrcrate

Simple question for PMDG about the 777...

I agree PMDG is great! But there are some issues of quality though. The MD-11 has some areas in the VC that are quite embraer Ejets-like. But they seems to get a pass on these since they are PMDG. Also, I was surprised at how poorly done some of the VC of the 747 is too. But I realize it came out a long time ago. That said, the BAE J41 is the one plane that makes me feel like I'm a pilot. :)

I already own the Ifly 737 NG. Would it be fiscally foolish to also buy the PMDG 737 NGX. I realize they are both excellent products (read: don't knock the IFLY :)) jr.com has the NGX in a box for 59.99 no shipping/tax :)

I believe 5 FPS may be asking just a bit much. No one gave such a statement! Careful!

True, just suggesting my opinion.

I use a laptop and generally get 30/35 fps with the NGX at large scenery areas. If the 777 can gain 5fps in performance that would be a great advantage.

Hi Oliver,

30/35 is a lot. How did you set your sliders? Maximum or medium?

Thanks.

Eric

I already own the Ifly 737 NG. Would it be fiscally foolish to also buy the PMDG 737 NGX. I realize they are both excellent products (read: don't knock the IFLY :)) jr.com has the NGX in a box for 59.99 no shipping/tax :)

Philip.

I own them both too. But the level of detail of the PMDG is a lot higher an the systems are far more complex.

So if you like high quality graphics and " as real as possible" you should definitely buy the PMDG .

Eric

I agree PMDG is great! But there are some issues of quality though. The MD-11 has some areas in the VC that are quite embraer Ejets-like. But they seems to get a pass on these since they are PMDG. Also, I was surprised at how poorly done some of the VC of the 747 is too. But I realize it came out a long time ago. That said, the BAE J41 is the one plane that makes me feel like I'm a pilot. :)

So didn't you answer your own question? The 747X is very basically a port from FS9 done some 6 years ago. It's still the best simulated 747 and now we've got a V2 in the works. The MD-11 is not only impressive, but pretty. Even beside popular products today... Besides the superficial stuff, the systems modeling is incredible (which are impressive and in-depth). I feel you may be missing something.

At any rate, perusing the forums or even the product pages will tell you the NGX simulation is a step up from the iFly. If you're using FS9, the iFly is arguably the best add-on ever released to date. In FSX, the NGX holds that title (though there is a steeper price per model). You be the judge, but being a serious simmer and not owning the NGX is blasphemous.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

So, what you are saying is that, based on a product that came out 6 odd years ago, with a last update over 4 years ago, at a time when modelling and developing weren't even close to the standards they reach today, PMDG has quality issues? However, in the most recent plane you own, which is not even close in terms of systems and technology to the most recent plane they made, you say this is no longer an issue.

Doesn't that kinda... Render your own point very, very mute?

Also, the NGX and the iFly don't play in the same league, as they were intended for two completely different markets.

All you need to do to see the fidelity of the ngx is look at some hd vids of it on yout tube. Bar raised much higher with this one. To answer your question...Yes buy it. At the moment nothing gets anywhere near it frankly.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

The MD-11 and 747 are very old and were made at a time when computers didn't have half the capabilities they do now as far as displaying 4096 textures and a ridiculous number of polys without losing a lot of performance. We intentionally made the MD-11's cockpit rather low resolution back then because of performance complaints when FSX was in its infancy.

The NGX is 100% all new technology for us from the ground up - nothing at all in common with those older products in terms of modelling, systems coding etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com