Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Is anyone else having issues with Essentials?

Sorry jfri, what do you mean when you say shouldn't AS2012 be able to do something?

That it might be possible to rectify this problem by using AS2012 instead of REX Essential. If the problem is due to REX Essential.

Voila! I've sorted it fellas... it may well have been a couple of things 1) When I ran CCleaner after uninstalling OD, I only ran it once... running it several times will show up registries that are still present and 2) I failed to delete two folders Real_Environment_Xtreme from my Users folder, which I understand to be very important. So all in all, I am a very happy bunny... now for some screenies! :yahoo:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Has anyone else had inaccurate data loaded by REXEss? For example, if I run ASE, the weather at a given airport will match its respective METAR. If I use the REXEss WX engine, the METAR will say one thing but the actual weather and wind at the airport in the sim will be incorrect, sometimes by a little or sometimes completely opposite of the METAR. Any ideas?

One thing I have been getting with REX Essentials, is translucent clouds at long range, which looks crap, because you can see the horizon through them. I think I may have sorted it out by knocking off the DXT5 option, but only having just done that, I'll have to wait and see.

In regards to the 'newbie' tag Scatterbrain, I think that'll disappear with not many more posts from you, since it is post-count related, as you probably know it is with most forums. You can take that a lot of that post count, forum title and join date stuff with a pinch of salt anyway, I generally do; it says I joined in 2006 for example, and that's cobblers, I had to create a new forum ID in 2006 because of difficulty logging on with a preceding account from some years before that date.

Al

Hey Al, try turning off "enable realistic haze"

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hey Al, try turning off "enable realistic haze"

Absolutely! If ever there was a mis-labeled feature, this is it. Perhaps the haze is realistic when you're down in it, but the transitions from the haze sure aren't and are downright awful in mountainous areas. The manual notes that this feature was added at user request. This user is sure glad you can turn it off. :-)

I have to admit that I struggled with Essentials when I first installed it. There are a lot of options, and while the documentation does cover them all in good detail, I would say that's what's missing is a bit of a 40,000' overview. Some, "if you favor "X" start here, but if you prefer "Y" start with these" kinds of suggestions. Despite reading the manual cover to cover, I was close to submitting requests to the support forum on several occasions, but with a bit of patience and some experimentation I've been able to sort things out without embarassing myself online. With some playing, the results are amazing and in general my performance seems to exceed that of REX 2 + Overdrive.

Scott

Personally I haven't had any issues with REX Essentials except the slight stutter when it is injecting weather. Other than that it is beautiful! Granted I did not have REX2. I upgraded from Flight1's FEX to REX Essential. I do manually inject the weather though, and do not let REX boot FSX. I do agree sometimes that installing new add-ons is playing Russian Roulette though. I always do a backup prior to installing anything major so that way I can undo it relatively easily.

A couple of posts earlier, I said that I had sorted things out with a new install, sadly that is no longer the case. Maybe I was a little eager, unfortunately the minute I installed my new stormy theme I was back to the graphical flashing. It's all so bizarre. I have now started a thread over on the REX forum... The issue, as I have already mentioned, is apparent in EXACTLY the same scenario when flying with REX OD, same settings etc... so I am continuing with a lot of frustrating tests...

Howard

I'm sure you have seen the issue I have over at the REX forum Howard. With REXE running in the background the sim locks up. Without REXE running no issues at all. Nothing else causes lock ups on my system, system is cool, stable and running great except when REXE is running.

I share your frustration

I'm sure you have seen the issue I have over at the REX forum Howard. With REXE running in the background the sim locks up. Without REXE running no issues at all. Nothing else causes lock ups on my system, system is cool, stable and running great except when REXE is running.

I share your frustration

Hi Martin, hmm, is it with real weather or just using the weather themes?

Howard

Voila! I've sorted it fellas... it may well have been a couple of things 1) When I ran CCleaner after uninstalling OD, I only ran it once... running it several times will show up registries that are still present and 2) I failed to delete two folders Real_Environment_Xtreme from my Users folder, which I understand to be very important. So all in all, I am a very happy bunny... now for some screenies! :yahoo:

same here, after running ccleaner, my fsx + rexess is more stable now :Peace: :Party:

same here, after running ccleaner, my fsx + rexess is more stable now :Peace: :Party:

I think you missed my recent post...

Howard

Topic here is issues with Essentials. So I will list mine in brief:

1. Clouds flashing

2. Could not get program to work on a networked pc.

3. The manual appears to be written for those who have used REX before. For 1st timers with the program. (me), I found the manual to be lacking on just how the program works. How to connect via simconnect. Sure, it describes what each tab or window is but not the steps to put it all into use. Too many what if's unanswered.

I became so frustrated with it, I just put it aside for a later date.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Regarding Clutch's items, #2 should work with any network Simconnect setup. Well, it does here and you don't have to change anything in REX-E itself. For the general Simconnect network setup, the REX folks have pinned this thread. http://www.realenvir...-rex-essential/

On #3, the 'how to connect to SC' isn't really an option as the program itself connects automatically when you click 'Fly Now!'. No complicated dialogues involved. So, on a local FSX installation, it will connect to the sim. On a networked PC, your Simconnect has to be properly installed and configured. Mind the above link

Well fellas it looks like I have sorted it, at long last... In my cfg file after letting Venetubo tweak do it's thing I had

[bufferPools]

PoolSize=8388608

RejectThreshold=131072

UsePools=1

But for some reason in my Orbx FSX go control panel I had

[bufferPools]

PoolSize=8388608

RejectThreshold=131072

UsePools=0

So each time I was starting FSX with Orbx Go, it was cancelling out the correct bufferpools entry!! Amazing how such small thing scan have such a devastating effect! Thanks everyone for your perseverance and help, much appreciated. :Party:

Howard

The only prob I've had is whenever REX Essentials is running my FSX crashes "stop responding with windows" so I'm leaving it alone and getting the other on witch I've heard still much better