Sign in to follow this  
Bubi42

Real Environment Extreme (REX) Essentials

Guys, in this thread are you talking about REXE including weather engine or only textures plus AS2012 weather engine?

James Goggi

REX ESS works well on its own without AS2012 but am sure both work well together...

Anything is better thant the default hey ¬ ?

Im finding it to be a little better, maybe due to less server load for the weather updating?

Yes. I noticed that the first few days after release, the servers took much longer to update the weather.

Well, I have to differ somewhat. It's a visually stunning package but has a few problems. For Australia most of the waypoints are missing which makes using the flight planner almost useless and in that flight planner the upper winds listed for the few waypoints that exist are totally wrong. Most importantly, I and others have experienced uncontrollable flight of the 737 in REX E at upper altitudes whether in command mode or when hand flying. See the post with a title something like 'Strange Issues During Flights' under PMDG 737NGX to see the same problem experienced by a number of users and the solution.

Richard Wade

Well, I have to differ somewhat. It's a visually stunning package but has a few problems. For Australia most of the waypoints are missing which makes using the flight planner almost useless and in that flight planner the upper winds listed for the few waypoints that exist are totally wrong. Most importantly, I and others have experienced uncontrollable flight of the 737 in REX E at upper altitudes whether in command mode or when hand flying. See the post with a title something like 'Strange Issues During Flights' under PMDG 737NGX to see the same problem experienced by a number of users and the solution.

Richard Wade

This is only happening to a few users as for my self iam having no issues at all so it depends on how its was installed on ones pc and did one follow the correct proceedure of uninstalling/installing

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Spectacular textures. Easily the best ever. I recommend setting cloud draw to max and reduce autogen if you have performance problems. You spend most of your time in the clouds, anyhow. The airplane is doing some strange things, but I'll get that figured out. You can set the fog right to the deck, and it's realistic.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Just bought Rex Essentials today, and 1st impressions are positive, though I've used FEX for ages and its textures were pretty good too. The planner is not much help if you're used to using .rte files for the NGX, since it only seems to deal with .pln files - but I didn't get it for the planner. Doesn't kill frames, and loading times aren't bad - disabling water textures (so they don't have to load each time) seems to help.

Paul Skol

Spectacular textures. Easily the best ever. I recommend setting cloud draw to max and reduce autogen if you have performance problems. You spend most of your time in the clouds, anyhow. The airplane is doing some strange things, but I'll get that figured out. You can set the fog right to the deck, and it's realistic.

Another option for the best fps is not to use the rex weather engine after the textures and weather is loaded is to use the fsx engine this way there are zero performance issues

ZORAN

I don't know if this happens to everyone, but beware that on my NGX if i use Essentials weather engine, the aircraft goes completely nuts upon injection of wind turbulence. Banks of 45 degrees, loses sense of where the route is and doesn't recover unless i load a "Clear Skies" weather theme on FSX. Doesn't happen with any other aircraft and doesn't happen with AS2012. Only NGX + REXE.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Some user of as21012 have reported the same issue on another thread so it depends on how its installed on your pc, since iam having no problems at all using rexe with s turns etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Im a high end system and after a good start this beast started to rattle its cage especially approaching an add on airport with lots od scud

Answer is easy, select low end system with rex and then tick HD clouds , so you still get great clouds and weather with all non essentials deselected, end of the day whats more important? nice taxi lights or clouds.

p.s adjust the radius level in options manager to very wide so REX doesnt keep injecting weather every 15 mins.

make sure you have the right compatibility in properties selected

ZORAN

Some user of as21012 have reported the same issue on another thread so it depends on how its installed on your pc, since iam having no problems at all using rexe with s turns etc

Think you can share your settings so i can try them out?

Thank you.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

In the wind configuaration

Max turb to 2

max wind shear to 2

Wind turb/shear i got the following checked enable real weather winds, enable real weather wind smoothing, enable wind turbulence, enable wind shear,

i got the enable hyper weather wind smoothing unchecked

set global wind layers i got to set to 1

visibility config

i got the following checked enable real visibility, enable real visibility smoothing, enable real weather fog

the following is unchecked enable stratus clouds as fog

Set global visibility layers i got set to 10sm

clouds configuaration

Max turb i got set to 2, max cloud icing i got set to 3, cloud ratios slider fully left,

i got all the other boxes checked on the right hand side

cumulus definition fluffy, staratus definition stable, cumulonimbus definition anvil

Peter kelberg