Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Pressing slew key makes me fly away

I know this has something to do with my controllers. Can anyone help me? I want to be able to slew without initially having my plane move 500 miles away hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's the null zone on your controller, it is making a spurious input when centered, widen the null zone. It will be either the ailerons or the elevators, the rudder would make you rotate.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi,

I have the Saitek controllers and this happens with me. Easy fix is unplug the USB from the computer, slew, then reconnect.

This happens to me unless I press Control+K (to disable the joystick) then Y. I then use the arrow keys to move around in Slew. Works very well unless you always use the joystick to slew..

Dave

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Ryan tweaking airports? Now that's a scary thought...

Try hitting P for pause before doing your Seattle slew, then when you have your controller centered unpause. You can also use "R and the numeric row plus and minus" to change your slew speed. And if you are really tweaky, you can edit your default Standard.XML file and make adjustments to the slew speed for each or all controller that you might use.

I know this is a bit OT from the OP's request for advice, but it reminded me of the good ole days on VATSIM when you would be lumbering along usually over the ocean at 1X... when alone would come someone in slew mode blasting their way across the pond at light speed.

I recall one night when some one was in slew mode and evidently he couldn't get his plane to stop and he was sailing around all over the place.... from the US to Europe to Asia in mere seconds.

It was kinda funny....

We didn't have voice back then, it was all text...

Finally the supervisors just disconnected him....

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Ryan tweaking airports? Now that's a scary thought...

Try hitting P for pause before doing your Seattle slew, then when you have your controller centered unpause. You can also use "R and the numeric row plus and minus" to change your slew speed. And if you are really tweaky, you can edit your default Standard.XML file and make adjustments to the slew speed for each or all controller that you might use.

Yeah it is... well I decided to work on Duluth again... it's nothing much but just spent the day rearranging taxiways and trying to add parking spots. Running into issues where AI that doesn't exist rw in Duluth will fill the gates argh!

Thanks for the hint about pause first, that works fine. I use MS joystick, ch throttle, and saitek pedals... so it's not neccessarily the joystick, it could be the hat switch on the throttle or even the pedals could do it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yup, hitting pause and centering the stick is usually not a bad idea if you are going to slew. Otherwise you get a slew of problems :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yup, hitting pause and centering the stick is usually not a bad idea if you are going to slew. Otherwise you get a slew of problems :LMAO:

Al

... now thats funny stuff.... :lol:

Jim Wenham

Simply go into the FSX Controls menu and under the "Slew Mode"" settings just disable

the joystick...in other words un-assign it. This will not affect your normal operations in non-slew mode.

Once the joystick is disabled in Slew mode use the NumPad keys to move

around in Slew Mode ( "5" stops movement ).

Simple, effective and allows for precise positioning.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg