Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

What is DCS

Wow!  And I do not even own or plan to ever buy in this life a VR solution :-)

But yesterday's update to 2.2 for instance had an notorious improvement in performance for my same old rig! 

Not only do I see the two digit only fps in the 40+ area, picking to 90+, but I can finally start playing the Epsom Campaign !

The new sounds and Spitfire fine tuning also found their way into this update!  Great !

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

DCS World Week Update 10 Dec 2017 (English version)

And F/A-18C Caucasus 2.5 video on ED Facebook

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Eagle Dynamics Tribute

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

OMG I'd we ecstatic for for ER just to do the FAM Flights.

spacer.png

DCS World 2.5 to late January 2018 From ED Facebook

DCS World 2.5 News Update

Work is going well with the updated Caucasus map and the summer map is ready to go! However, there is still work to do on the Spring, Autumn, and Winter maps. Much of this revolves around integration of the new SpeedTree tech. This is a rather time consuming process and is not just a case of just dropping in new tech.

Additionally, a lot of work continues on updating the hundreds of missions and campaigns that need to be adjusted for the map changes.This primarily entails moving units and their routes out of the many new forested areas on the map. We want this move to DCS World 2.5 to be as bug-free as possible.

Finally, we have the holiday season fast approaching, and we need to give our staff time with their loved ones.

Given this, we will be releasing DCS World 2.5 by late-January 2018. This is not an estimate, this is a promise.

In order to avoid confusion and any update issues, DCS World 2.5 will be released as a new download (NOT an update to an existing version). The current Open Beta will be updated to DCS World 2.5 Open Beta, the Open Alpha will be removed, and DCS World 1.5 will remain but be unsupported.

Modules will not need to be re-downloaded or activated.

Pilots statistics from DCS World 2.x will be carried over to DCS World 2.5.

Movement of DCS World 2.5 would then soon follow to Steam.

Thanks,
Matt “Wags” Wagner
Eagle Dynamic SA, Senior Producer

25353686_10159808353395341_8989448299866

• Upvote 1

Noob question from someone wanting to dip their toe in the DCS water. 

So if I wanted to check it out for free I need to download the 1.5.x version, correct?    Does it come with any aircraft? 

If I want to jump in and get the Normandy Map though I need v2.x, correct?  Are there any aircraft to try in 2.0 or do i need to drop $ on say one of the WWII aircraft?

Thanks!  DCS looks great!

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hi Jason,

I believe so - the 2.x version requires a terrain purchase to use...

Normandy you need 2.x...

I think you get the Mustang (civilian version) for free - at least in 1.5 version...

Regards,

Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

57 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jason,

I believe so - the 2.x version requires a terrain purchase to use...

Normandy you need 2.x...

I think you get the Mustang (civilian version) for free - at least in 1.5 version...

Regards,

Scott 

Thanks Scott!  

So no free or inexpensive aircraft in 2.x?  

Just daring me to buy the Spitfire...lol

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hi Jason,

Fraid not - I downloaded it a few weeks ago and it prompts me to BUY a terrain before I can use it (which I haven't done yet)... I'm an air cooled engine guy - one of those might prompt me to dive in a bit quicker...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hells yeah. I'm all in. 

• Upvote 1

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

***DCS News letter 12-29-2017***.   

"

Happy Holidays!
We at Eagle Dynamics would like to wish you all a wonderful holiday and a great 2018! 2017 has proved to be a great year for DCS World with the release of several great modules like the Normandy 1944 Map, the updated Su-33, the AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, the AJS-37 Viggen, many fantastic campaigns, new objects and units for the DCS World maps like the World War II AI units, the NS 430, improvements to the mission editor and VR, and many, many more.

We and our partners plan even bigger and better things for 2018 to include:

DCS World 2.5 by the end of January

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map

DCS: F-14 Tomcat

DCS: JF-17

DCS: MiG-19

DCS: Mi-24P Hind

DCS: F-4E Phantom II

DCS: Bo-105

C-101CC variant for the DCS: C-101 module

DCS: Yak-52

DCS: I-16

DCS: Christen Eagle II

New aircraft carriers

Other new maps and continued updates to our existing maps

Several other unannounced projects

We will also be working on improvements to clouds, explosions with improved proximity damage, virtual reality, spotting system, network play, Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR), air-to-air missiles, and performance optimization with the inclusion of the Vulkan API. In parallel, we will continue to support and improve our existing modules.
With the pending release of DCS World 2.5 which will unify our projects and several exiting new modules, we see 2018 as being a great year to be a DCS World fan!

DCS World Winter Sale Continues
Our DCS World Winter sale will be ending on 3 January at 0900 GMT. During this sale, get great savings on the following:
60% off

DCS: A-10C Warthog

DCS: Black Shark 2

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS: Combined Arms

DCS: C-101

F-15C for DCS World

Su-27 for DCS World

Su-33 for DCS World

50% off on all other modules.

Please find these great savings at:
Modules
Terrains
Campaigns

Project Updates
We’d also like to take this time to update you on a few of our projects:

DCS World 2.5
Work is going well with all content complete and all blocking bugs resolved! Work though continues on tuning the map and updating paid campaigns that need to be adjusted for the map changes. This primarily entails moving units out of the many new forested areas on the map. We want this move to DCS World 2.5 to be as bug-free as possible.

We have the holiday season fast approaching in Russia, and we need to give our staff time with their loved ones.

Given this, we will be releasing DCS World 2.5 by the end of January 2018. This is not an estimate, this is a promise.

DCS World 2.5 will be released as a new download (NOT an update to an existing version). 
Modules under DCS World 1.5 and 2.2 will not need to be re-downloaded or activated. Just do not uninstall DCS World 1.5 and DCS World 2.2 Open Alpha prior to installing DCS World 2.5 Stable, as 2.5 will copy the modules over from 1.5 and 2.2. This should greatly reduce the amount of time to update to DCS World 2.5.

Any files in your Users/Saved Games folder will not be affected.
Movement of DCS World 2.5 would then soon follow to Steam.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
We and Belsimtek have been working long hours to bring the Hornet to an Early Access release state. Over the past few months, a lot of our time has been devoted to modeling the many fundamental systems that comprise the aircraft like the engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, flight control system, and many others. We are now starting to see the fruits of this labor, as evidence of the recent Hornet preflight, startup, taxi, and takeoff videos.

Before we can release the Early Access version though, there are several important features we need to implement:

Weapon HUD modes

Moving map

Countermeasures

Radar Warning Receiver (RWR)

Inertial Navigation System for Waypoints

Flight Model

Further development of the air-to-air radar

Integration of new weapons

Improve some of the cockpit art, display fonts, and HUD projection effect

Once these items are completed, we plan to release the Hornet into Early Access and we believe it will be an amazing experience!

For Hornet news, please consult our FAQ and our Mini-Updates.

DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map

Our next combat theater map will be the Strait of Hormuz. All of the fundamental work on this map is complete and we are not tuning the elevation mesh, textures, and cleaning up bugs. We expect to release this map in the not-to-distant future and we believe it will be a great home for the Hornet and carrier operations!

DCS: Yak-52
As mentioned in an earlier newsletter, this will be an entertainment version of the Yak-52 we are developing for a commercial client. The Yak-52 will launch our new technology for radial engine dynamics which will provide a very realistic engine performance and management. This will be an extremely detailed and realistic simulation of the Yak-52 that will teach by-the-book training and aerobatics. Work is going very well and we are now focusing on the instrumentation and tuning the flight dynamics."

We’re sure this will be a great lead-in aircraft for new DCS World players and provide a great progression of Russian combat aviation.

Happy holidays,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Hmmm, reading those tea leaves F18 EA looks like no sooner than Spring. 

spacer.png

WWII aircraft get no love in 2018....... I thought I saw the P-47 on an older post.  

But as a recent purchaser just wanted to say DCS is top notch!  Kudos to ED and the devs!  

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png