Sign in to follow this  
SE-KMG

Orbx on Google Earth

Hi all.

Just got a little bored and started to add the airports that ORBX have, and are making, in the AU, NZ area on Google Earth.

Thought if someone is interested, I might share it.

ORBX Google Earth

Airports with no marking are pay-ware airports.

Airports marked with a * is free-ware airports.

Airports with in brackets () are under development and are not yet released.

? Why don't you just upload the file to this thread, rather than through a download service which requires registration?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hmm, sorry about that. The forum tells me I am not allowed to upload a file of that kind. Give me a min.

I uploaded it to RapidShare.

Please let me know if problems still exists.

OK then, thanks for sharing, but at Brian above says, this is the sort of file that is easily added to AVSIM through uploads and that often serves to announce its availability to many who monitor daily uploads. And you can just update it with a new version whenever you like.

cheers.

Near CAM3

Thanks, Pontus. Great idea. Looking at it now. I don't suppose you've done the PNW/PFJ/NRM/CRM ones yet, have you? :wink:

Thanks again

jake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I have all ORBX, OZX and freeware developers in one KMZ file already.

All properly categorised per area / per developer as well as all the current airports in these areas.

thanks to all the ORBX, OZX indivudual files already made available by ORBX. The individual ORBX KMZ files are all in the user documents already. I just added them into one nice HUGE KMZ file.

you can find the google earth files for all ORBX US airports here in your documents

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents

The AUs airports KMZ files has always been available on ORBX site.

Dont know why anyone would want to re-invent the wheel, maybe fine tuning it, but to redo this is beyond me. Its has been done so many time in the past, but then again, what you wnat to do with your free time is all up to you.

detail

jj01.jpg

All US

jj02.jpg

All AUS

jj03.jpg

Yes, I agree about reinventing the wheel. I thought that the poster was documenting all the unidentified airstrips that Orbx, OZ had not yet ID'd. I tried the file and it was not useful.

I have more or less what you have I can turn all sets of airports off and on at will already.

Near CAM3

I thought that the poster was documenting all the unidentified airstrips that Orbx, OZ had not yet ID'd. .

According to me all airstrips have been identified.

OZx

Each and every OZx one. (remember the famous bliksimpie BGL's that had OZX up in arms.)

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1753-340-ozx-airstrips-selectable-in-fsx/

same with the OZx PNW airstrips. The unlisted airstrips have been added as wel as in BGL format

ORBX

I have also ID'ed most of the 20 additional unlisted airstrips in Alberta, British Columbia, and Washington State of ORBX latest Patch release NRM

(and these did take some time)

What strips do you refer to.. Maybe I missed something that I did not know about.

Bliksimpie -

Any chance I can convince you to send me the Orbx KMZ you have. For what ever reason, I can't track down half of the regions ... and those I do have are no where as near organized as the your kmz.

It would much appreciated.

Thanks

Benjamin (Bman.)

Benjamin Van Eps