Sign in to follow this  
A320FAN

What step do you prefer ?

What stage do you prefer ?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What stage do you prefer ?

Where's the crashing option?

Really though, I like preflight. Something about the anticipation of everything that leads up to lining up and firewalling those throttles and listening to the buzz saw sound.

Oh yeah.....

Where's the crashing option?

Really though, I like preflight. Something about the anticipation of everything that leads up to lining up and firewalling those throttles and listening to the buzz saw sound.

Oh yeah.....

It's no fun crashing.

For me, I prefer landing CATII or III with HUD.

Real world;

Take-off, what's better than that feeling getting airborne with the engines at such high power. Climbing up to the clouds and breaking through to see the beautiful sky and other aircraft.

However, I do love landing as it can be pretty fun! I honestly can't choose 100%. I love every aspect of flight.

Nothing beats (imo) landing in thundstorms using rexe of course listening to the thunder outside the cockpit window as the speakers are turned up, listening to the rain against the window and seeing the flashes of lighting striking the runway ahead wondering should i continue the landing or not.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I love it all, the planning of a route, I love the approach and landing, it is a shame having spent a few hours getting to a destination and FSX ATC lines an aircraft up in front of you. I have had the opportunity to fly on the flight deck of many military aircraft it always amazes me when you have travelled over great distances and navigated using VORs and NDBs that you come out of the cloud and there before you is the airfield and runway spread out, welcoming you home. I wish somebody would redesign the ATC part of FSX, not the full blown packages that Radar Control or some of the virtual on-line sites offer just something a little more joined up that interacts with the AFCAD and AI side of the house a bit more. I realise I am drifting off topic so to bring it back definitely the Approach and Landing.

Dave Boreham

Much more pressure for a by-the-book landing and much more reward for doing it correctly, in my opinion.

That's the thing about landing I like so much. Nothing gives you a better feeling than a well performed and smooth landing, specially in bad weather. That applies both on flight sim and real life.

Regarding takeoffs, they are great in real life only, because you can "feel" the thrust, and the sensation of being pushed into the seat is intense, to say the least. Since the sim lacks the feeling, taking off is "just" another procedure for me. Critical, of course, but not as much intense as in real life.

Matheus Mafra

I voted for the landing because you did not include the emergency takeoff! I love the emergency takeoff! Especially in places like Columbia or Mexico.

I voted for the landing because you did not include the emergency takeoff! I love the emergency takeoff! Especially in places like Columbia or Mexico.

Columbia is the American sportswear company. Colombia is the South American country.

Emergency take-off... What are you referring to exactly? :lol:

Maybe you are past V1 and you get a engine fire?

Perhaps, but it's not exactly a stage in the flight - maybe once in a pilot's career (or twice if he's unlucky).

It is when you are under heavy fire by guns fired from cops, other drug traffickers, natives with spears like in Indiana Jones, the ColOmbian FARC, etc. That my friends, is an emergency takeoff. And no, it is not in the Commercial Pilot PTS either.