Sign in to follow this  
doggie015

This was the make or break for flight...

I would say that I was a bit disappointed in Alaska, principally because there's nothing new to do, no new missions, no new planes (don't mention the war!) just the same jobs and a HUGE expanse of scenery.

I would say that, but for $15... I can't. When I eventually finish Hawaii, I'll be able to tool about up north instead.

I too am concerned about resourcing and 'the plan', I don't see the point in getting another two sceneries out before Christmas if they all have the same jobs, no new planes, no new missions. They'd be better off putting a bit of 'life' into Flight, not necessarily AI but some interactivity, some new and interesting mission types, maybe some co-op play, some grouping criteria for multiplayer (what's the point of joining a multiplayer game with someone who's 2400 miles away?). There's a clamour for new planes, but how long is a 747 with AP going to keep most people happy for?

Compared to what $15 would get you from a third party developer, I'd consider Alaska to be money well spent. Doubly so if there's a deluxe version of the Cub on the way.

Delfina said today that there are Alaska daily aerocaches on the way.

I was hoping to see at least 100 in game aeros too. Hawaii has 53.

Fred.

I agree that we have a huge territory to explore but it is very, very lonely out there (and so quiet) and without a simple mission or aerocache or something to point the way it gets even worse than lonely.

Ray

Aren't you the person that calls the members of the Flight forum " people from Mars" on another forum?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/378287-so-whos-made-the-switch-from-fsx/page__st__25#entry2407529

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I just don't get why they stretched themselves to Alaska, why not try some colder chain of islands first? Alaska is a huge area to get right with the scenery and with no AP or faster birds, I would say that a "cold Hawaii" would have been better

Aren't you the person that calls the members of the Flight forum " people from Mars" on another forum?

http://forum.avsim.n...25#entry2407529

One in the same. Except as would be expected, you take it out of context.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I just don't get why they stretched themselves to Alaska, why not try some colder chain of islands first? Alaska is a huge area to get right with the scenery and with no AP or faster birds, I would say that a "cold Hawaii" would have been better

Well I have flown in Alaska in a RA, and I think they did a pretty good job of making it look like it does in real life. What's wrong with that?

One in the same. Except as would be expected, you take it out of context.

Ray

I think anyone that can read can figure that out for themselves.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It's everyone else where the problem lies...

Well I have flown in Alaska in a RA, and I think they did a pretty good job of making it look like it does in real life. What's wrong with that?

I think anyone that can read can figure that out for themselves.

If you added the words - rational person rather than anyone - in there I might tend to agree with you, but I don't.

Here is what I said in full . . .

Posted Yesterday, 02:08 PM

I hope more folks join in and pass along their experiences with both, or either. I am from the mild mannered camp and tend not to take sides but willing to listen to anyone that makes sense. I keep wanting to fly with MS Flight but those guys in that forum act like they are from Mars and it is tough for me to keep turning the other cheek. I personally don't see MS Flight ever growing into a real flight simulator. But, when Aerosoft jumped on the X-plane wagon it sure got my attention. That may be just what was needed at the right time to attract more folks to experience it and spend some money.

The same for Carenado making most of their planes available for x-plane. I do enjoy the FSX Orbx scenery but I have not closed my eyes and jumped in the P3D pool as they have suggested. I have high hopes that one or the other or maybe both will be the successor to FSX.

What is really tough for me is the thought of giving up some of the absolutely outstanding addons for FSX that have been recently made available from A2A, Milviz, BayTower, RealAir, and PMDG. I keep hearing bits and pieces that some of these can be partially adapted to the P3D although maybe not totally legit in the legal department.

I would like to hear from some level headed X-plane users that also have experienced some of these recent high end add ons like the RealAir Legacy and Baytower RV-7 in FSX and how they feel about the flight dynamics of the future add ons for X-plane of similar types.

Thanks Howard for starting the thread. All you other posters, thanks all for your responses, good reading.

Ray

It's everyone else where the problem lies...

No mirrors in your house, I bet.

Ray

Wow, Flight is like flying a real plane!!!!! Yea, Right, In your dreams maybe! MS Flight, what else? Most anything actually.

"It’s a free game many casual players will likely enjoy that's simple and arcade-like; Flight is targeted towards a different audience." Redmond Pie

Interesting how even your signature bashes Flight.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Interesting how even your signature bashes Flight.

Hook

Quotes are from Microsoft, Redmond Pie and STP here. How could that be bashing, I ask?

Ray

Hi Ray,

I won't argue or arm wrestle with you and please don't be clever in a retort either. Ditch the signature and the attitude and don't replace it with anything of the like within 24 hours of this post. Meanwhile you are banned from this topic, so do not post here. Thank you for your co-operation.

Kind regards,

the thought of giving up some of the absolutely outstanding addons for FSX that have been recently made available from A2A, Milviz, BayTower, RealAir, and PMDG.

Do I have to stop using FSX now that I'm using FLIGHT? Oh..I didn't realise that..They never told me that when they gave it away for free...Bummer...

Sorry for the mild sarcasm, but, again, we are back at the same place. It seems we are all grown men, too. Hmm.

As I said before, and as with pretty much everything in life: it's what you make it.

I'm having great fun flying jobs in FLIGHT and then firing up FSX with UTX AK and seeing if I can find the same places and photograph them (I know; I need to get out a bit more)

OR, I'll fire up FSX and fly an AIR HAULER mission..

I can do both, see! (look ma, no hands :smile: )

(and I have p3d, and if I could, I'd get an Atari ST and play F-16 Combat Pilot, too, but shh..I don't want to muddy the waters :Big Grin: )

Point is, and it's certainly my last word on the subject of why FLIGHT is this and not that; I don't think it's fair, and also utterly pointless, to categorise people who enjoy one thing above another as being in any way different from people who don't enjoy that same thing and vice versa..

You could go on for ever and a day and still not change any opinions. And you've lost all that time. For ever. You'll never get it back.

Move on already

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I bop back and forth on Flight, particularly Alaska. Repeatedly, I will see some spot that is pure FSX and think "This is just shoddy"

Then

I will be flying someplace else, maybe even just a little bit away from the previous point and think "Nice!"

Then

A few miles further on I will be thinking "If only they had........."

It all tends to balance out in the end, and the fact that the whole thing cost me just a bit over the price of a movie ticket (and will give quite a few more hours of enjoyment) also factors into the calculation. And its true also, that the feeling of flying in flight is unique and worthwhile.

But

There is also no doubt that Microsoft needs to step up to the plate, take a solid swing and commit (or not!) The scenery's greatest weakness right now is its inconsistency; hinting in one spot what the Flight team is capable of, and showcasing in another how what appears to be a lack of resources and time can make them just totally drop the ball and walk away. My personal take on what I'm seeing is that they don't have the means to match their goals right now.

They need to find those means somehow and fish (or cut bait)

Note: Or, if they are going to do dedicated scenery areas Ala' Orbx, then they need to speak up, because all this silence is not helping things at all.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5