Sign in to follow this  

How to use GMap as a popup within Flight full screen

I always disconnect (-DISC) when that happens, then reconnect. The heading of the airplane icon will then be correct.

Best regards.

Luis

I always disconnect (-DISC) when that happens, then reconnect. The heading of the airplane icon will then be correct.

That doesn't, unfortunately, work for everyone (including me). One of the dev's says this bug is a current priority at the moment, so hopefully we'll see a fix in the not too distant future. The problem for them is they aren't sure why some people have no trouble, others can fix it with either reconnect or start-in-the-air work around, while still others just can't get anything other than the NNE heading no matter what.

Just read on the FSWidgets forum that it is and will be impossible to resize GMap for Flight.

Thanks for the info JVE. I am currently getting around this by scrolling GMap until the area I am flying in is in the top half of the GMap window and then hiding the bottom half below the bottom of the screen (by grabbing and pulling GMap into the bottom right corner. This allows me to fligh with GMap displayed continually - same as I do with the GPS in FS9.

my mouse click is pretty off the mark whereever i try to click things

I've, at least, never had that problem. When I hit the Windows-F11 key, MS Flight goes back into a pause menu for a few seconds and re-configures the graphics for the correct aspect ratio. Everything is perfect after that, including the switch placement. You might want to check in the FSWidgets forums for a fix.

I also have no problems with things being off the mark: sometimes the game won't go to full screen but leaves a very small edge on the right and bottom, showing a few millimeters from the desktop, but going back to windowed mode, alt-tabbing out if Flight and then back again usually does the trick.

I guess this is one of those YMMV tricks...

FIXED IT !!!!

Couldn't get GMAP on top of MSF, or whatever the problem was.

Turned off Full Screen on MSF:

MSF>Options>Graphics>Full Screen

Then Win Key + F11 made pseudo screen.

Whoo-hoo!

BUT, I lose the sound....

EDIT:

Got sound by toggle win+ f11 couple times.

FIXED IT !!!!

Couldn't get GMAP on top of MSF, or whatever the problem was.

Turned off Full Screen on MSF:

MSF>Options>Graphics>Full Screen

Then Win Key + F11 made pseudo screen.

Whoo-hoo!

BUT, I lose the sound....

EDIT:

Got sound by toggle win+ f11 couple times.

LOL So you finally did what the tutorial told you to do! :LMAO:

To keep the sound (as also said in the tutorial :wink: ): after starting GMap and when it is onscreen, do NOT press ctrl-shift-z yet, but alt-tab to Flight. When Flight is active and you still see GMap, only THEN you can toggle GMap on and off with ctrl-shift-z without losing the sound.

Whenever you click on GMap to make it active (to load a plan or whatever), FIRST click on the Flight window again to make Flight active and only THEN press ctrl-shift-z.

Anyway... glad you've got it working!

Can't see the part about turning off MSF>OPTIONS>GRAPHICS>FULL SCREEN in tutorial, but I'll look again.

thanks for your help.

Go into Free Flight , and load everything up like you are ready to fly. Then hit the escape key, and a screen will come up saying "Game Paused" the third option down says "options" Click on that. Click on Graphics at the top, and you will see the full screen check box. Un check it. At this point, see how the window is sized, if it is smaller than your screen, use your mouse to stretch the window all the way to the bottom. .

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Can't see the part about turning off MSF>OPTIONS>GRAPHICS>FULL SCREEN in tutorial, but I'll look again.

thanks for your help.

5. In Flight disable Full Screen in the Options > Graphics menu

:wink: (And sorry if I laughed a bit too hard in my previous post... I removed some LOL's.)

Go into Free Flight , and load everything up like you are ready to fly. Then hit the escape key, and a screen will come up saying "Game Paused" the third option down says "options" Click on that. Click on Graphics at the top, and you will see the full screen check box. Un check it. At this point, see how the window is sized, if it is smaller than your screen, use your mouse to stretch the window all the way to the bottom. .

He already knew where that option is, :wink: he just missed in the tutorial! BTW There is no need to resize the window all the way to the bottom: windows+F11 will make it full screen no matter what size the window is.

Appreciate your patience and help.

All is well,works as described.

Now I'm trying to register the GMAP upgrade, Nav Data to show airports, etc,

Under Win>All Programs, FSWidgets doesn't show, except as the free start program, so I don't get registration dialog, but I'll figure it out.

Under Win>All Programs, FSWidgets doesn't show, except as the free start program, so I don't get registration dialog, but I'll figure it out.

There is no registration dialog. If you already ordered the World Nava Data, then you will have received a Gmap Key. Go to the folder where you have the FSWidgetsGMap.exe and in that same folder create a textfile. Put the following information in it:

[Registration]
email=your email address
gmapkey=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

Save the textfile and rename it to FSWidgetsGMap.ini (making sure the extension gets changed from .txt. to .ini!!!).

Maybe you already had that textfile there because it is also needed to load flightplans (FS9, FSX) in GMap. For flightplans you would have to add the following the ini:

[Plans]
plansfolder=F:\Programs\GMap

(obviously with the path where you save your plans!)

Appreciate your patience and help.

All is well,works as described.

You have to add the license they send you when you buy the nav data, to the same ini file that you created for the flight plans. Just open it back up again and add the couple of lines that they send you by email. It has to have your email address and the license number 9 or whatever they call it). Gmap doesn't show up in the program listing, so just find the gmap exe file in the folder where you put it, right click on it and send a shortcut to desktop. yhou will then get an icon on your desk top to start Gmap, after you start Flight.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

And in case you can't find the key, go to the FSWidgets site, Login to it (top right) and after logging in click on My account. Click on 'View the orders I have made' and then click on the View button right of the order: at the bottom of the Order Information you will see the Gmap Key.

One thing I discovered since using Plan G , is that when I fly with Gmap I can switch back and forth from the Google Map Navaid Terrain view and the sectionals that I bought for Alaska, with the red flight plan line still there. For awhile, when I decided to order the Navaid data from Gmap, because I wanted the airports and frequencies of Vors and ILS. etc, I thought that the money I spent on the Sectionals for Gmap would be wasted. But now I see that there are times when I prefer the sectionals displayed, for terrain clearance, and other times when I use the Navdata view. Nice to have and use them both.