Sign in to follow this  
c97019

Plane cockpit tease..

If it's $15 and includes a BUNCH of additional missions just for the Cub, then it's a good deal. Same as the Maule.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Am I the only one who is annoyed that they made us pay to get the basic plane, and now we have to pay again to get the cockpit version?

I like to believe I payed NOTHING for that Cub without VC... I payed 15 dollars for Alaska and that was a good deal. I will buy the Cub no matter what.

If it's $15 and includes a BUNCH of additional missions just for the Cub, then it's a good deal. Same as the Maule.

Hook

Exactly. It all depends on what they offer us.

The Maule came with missions? Or am I reading this entirely wrong?

No, the Maule was needed for most of the jobs. The Cub can be used for all those jobs too, so I've been told. The Maule itself only came with a few landing missions, I think. Or maybe they were already there but just couldn't be done until you bought the Maule...?

The Maule came with missions? Or am I reading this entirely wrong?

If you didn't have the Maule in Hawaii, you didn't have access to any of the passenger/cargo jobs. Stuff like landing challenges is a separate issue. Of course we can use the Cub to haul passengers and cargo, so for people who don't have the Maule, at least they'll get access.

I was hoping for a bit more than that, though.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

The Maule was a must-buy if you wanted to do passenger/cargo Jobs, especially the clandestine smuggling runs. The Cub is not a must-buy if you already have the Maule, but it's a highly desirable aircraft for me simply because of the tundra tires.

Along that line of thought, I expect the free tundra-tire livery upgrade of the Maule will be announced a week after I buy the Cub.

:t0117:

If you didn't have the Maule in Hawaii, you didn't have access to any of the passenger/cargo jobs. Stuff like landing challenges is a separate issue. Of course we can use the Cub to haul passengers and cargo, so for people who don't have the Maule, at least they'll get access.

I was hoping for a bit more than that, though.

Hook

Maybe we'll see some new job types with the release of the deluxe cub that can only be completed by the cub (needing off-airport landings or something). Resupplying hunters or picking up stranded snow mobilers... I don't know...

If you didn't have the Maule in Hawaii, you didn't have access to any of the passenger/cargo jobs

Ah, jobs, yes. I thought I was being completely oblivious to there being actual Maule specific missions (not challenges or jobs).

I do want to see proper missions released for Alaska (Cub + other planes), whether with the Cub Cockpit or in a separate missions pack. More Search and Rescue, Photo Books, Fly-ins, other new stuff.

Maybe we'll see some new job types with the release of the deluxe cub that can only be completed by the cub (needing off-airport landings or something). Resupplying hunters or picking up stranded snow mobilers... I don't know...

We can only hope... It's kind of silly to even put tundra tires on a plane if they are only going to send us to land at airports.

I guess I am conditioned from years of FS, especially FS9 where I have frequently dropped $100 in one week buying a couple of aircraft and an airport. Worrying about whether or not something was going to be $7 or $15, was something that wasn't even considered. I think my line in the sand for aircraft was somewhere around $60 a piece. I think the PMDG 737, which I had , is about $75 now. Level D 767 around $55, Carenado King Air $40, and so on. Active Sky weather was about $50, and the cloud effects weren't as good as flights, in my opinion.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yep, the prices in Flight are much lower than traditional flight sim add-ons. But that's what you get if you decide to target the casual-gamer market. Flight's plane's are actually priced pretty steep for DLC rates in that market.

Yep, the prices in Flight are much lower than traditional flight sim add-ons. But that's what you get if you decide to target the casual-gamer market. Flight's plane's are actually priced pretty steep for DLC rates in that market.

Well if you rule out the cockpit less war birds ( which I would never buy), the most you can spend so far on Flight including the Flight program itself is about $45. I spent almost that much for Misty Fjords scenery alone.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Oh, I would happily pay more, but the Xbox crowd is used to paying less than $5 for "little" things like airplanes and $10-15 for big things like scenery. They were freaking out when Flight launched, over the Maule costing $15. That is about the limit of what the stated target market will bear.

MS is hoping to make up in volume what it gives up on unit price. I wish them luck, as I am benefitting from it.

They better come out with a cockpit for the Cub. I ordered a new cap today.

http://www.cafepress.com/+piper_cub_cap,420519936