Sign in to follow this  
c97019

Plane cockpit tease..

Sound like an excuse to me. By that logic, the P-51, F4U, A6M and P-40 are also 'demo' versions, but ones people have had to pay for, and with no full version.

Al

Its always been acknowledged that this whole DLC thing was an experiment: trying new things to see how people reacted and what worked. The experiments continue, it seems.........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Sounds like this whole releasing software people get enjoyment from and charging what the market will pay for it is just some clever ploy to make money. How dare they!

It's another plane with a VC, which will probably be done as well as the others, and will probably be sold for about the same price as the Maule (but it would be great if it were less for whatever reason). Not sure I can afford it right away, but I'll probably get it at some point unless there is another plane I want more by that time.

I'm still having fun with the game, and the new deluxe plane would be cool to have.

Sounds like this whole releasing software people get enjoyment from and charging what the market will pay for it is just some clever ploy to make money. How dare they!

It's another plane with a VC, which will probably be done as well as the others, and will probably be sold for about the same price as the Maule (but it would be great if it were less for whatever reason). Not sure I can afford it right away, but I'll probably get it at some point unless there is another plane I want more by that time.

I'm still having fun with the game, and the new deluxe plane would be cool to have.

Who know, maybe Microsoft will start running a financing program, you know, no interest if you pay in the first 6 months, etc..etc...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

im sure by now there is a note somewhere up there that says :

BASIC DLC : turn off comments on FB

DELUXE AC : turn on comments and lets see what they say....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Am I the only one that feels a little let down by this announcement? I mean we already have the Cub, and yes it is missing a VC, but its still very much usable, and really is a lot of fun.

I could not disagree more strongly with your "usable and fun" assessment. I found it to be neither.

As far as Alaska goes, it would really benefit from a larger, faster, a/c fully equipped for IFR preferably with a float option.

Yes, it would. Maybe next month we will get one.

The RV complimented Hawaii perfectly, and while the Cub is an Alaskan staple, it's not the ac of choice for hauling cargo or passengers.

Not the Carbon Cub, no, but the Super Cub is perhaps the finest small bush plane for rough off-airport operations you will find. No, it can't carry a lot, but I can go anywhere. I will accept the Carbon Cub in it's place.

Also, with 137 float plane bases, we need a float plane other than the Icon. Jobs flying cargo into remote lakes in close to minimums weather would get the heart going. With a deluxe Cub now, could that mean that we will get a basic Beaver or Caravan or <insert your choice here> next month? If the pattern with Hawaii holds true (Scenery pack plus 1 or 2 deluxe aircraft, then 4 basic aircraft), then personally I'd rather stick to the basic Cub and have Deluxe more capable aircraft down the road.

I can only hope that MS has seen the folly of offering airplanes with no option for a cockpit and will at least let us choose which version we want from now on.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm still happy to be getting a new VC, (maybe it will have a float option?), and I'll be at my desk pressing F5 on the marketplace site waiting for the Download button to appear.

Get in line! :lol:

I could not disagree more strongly with your "usable and fun" assessment. I found it to be neither.

I've been having a blast with the STOL challenges, and the off airport landings, water skimming etc. Would much prefer a cockpit of course, but it was "free" so given lemons, make lemonade.

Wow, already 3 pages of comments! You'd think they'd announced an A380!

lol, even if it was 20 years later, and the flight team had released every single prop plane ever created, would they even think of adding jetliners to Flight, although I wish they would have announced an A380, it probably won't happen... ever

Regarding the GPS, it would have been real nice if the Flight team had used the one from FSX, that one was amazing, like someone else had said earlier in the thread, I think that would be an amazing idea, but as far as I know the Flight team, the FSX GPS is far too advanced to be added in to a game like Flight

Am I the only one that feels a little let down by this announcement? I mean we already have the Cub

I don't feel I have the Cub... :wink: I have an exterior model of it which to me is like having one of those plastic models you have to build yourself: it might be fun to watch but you can't fly IN it. When the Carbon Cub VC will be released I will finally be able to fly IN it and THEN I will indeed have the Cub. :wink:

I haven't touched the Cub (just as I didn't download the P-51) because I simply never ever fly outside of the VC. It's not even a principle thing that I refuse to do it (to show MS blah blah blah nonsense): I just don't want to. I don't play Sims on my PC because I don't like it, I don't play Call of duty on my PC because I don't like it and I don't fly planes in outside view because I don't like it. :wink:

Well, it's also a new line of DLCs. We will probably get a VC option, but also floats, skids, etc.. options, either bundled or as separate DLCs. The bundle will probably be sold at a lower price via Steam...

This really opens a new stage of MS FLIGHT.

Please don't get stressed about the future of MS FLIGHT. Try to enjoy, ask for what you would like to see in the future, either posting here, at the Steam forums, but above all by sending the MS FLIGHT Team emails, but don't look forward to get it right away in the next DLC.

I believe the size and weight of the MS FLIGHT team, their project inside MS, is a lot more limited than it was in the Aces Era, so, we must give them space and time, suggestions, and incentives as well... and don't forget to applaud what we like - they most certainly need to read / ear about it ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, it's also a new line of DLCs. We will probably get a VC option, but also floats, skids, etc.. options, either bundled or as separate DLCs. The bundle will probably be sold at a lower price via Steam...

------------------------

this is all speculation - unless you got the information from ms directly. Where did you read from an official ms site that you get: floats - skids and etc etc etc etc ???

Lets hope they are not just showing how detailed the cockpit looks from the outside of a cockpitless plane. That would be cruel!

this is all speculation - unless you got the information from ms directly. Where did you read from an official ms site that you get: floats - skids and etc etc etc etc ???

I didn't say that we would, but rather that "We will probably"....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

For me personally, a working GPS is not on top of the to-do list. I´d rather have floats and tundra tires and skies to go with my Cub.

In the old days, pilots were able to figure their course w/o GPS just by looking at their map, setting a heading, calculating the wind angle and crosschecking with the landmarks they saw below them. It was kinda basic and quite simple. No GPS needed.

So please MS give us floats, tundra tires and skies!

Cheers from LOWG,

Werner

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD

For me personally, a working GPS is not on top of the to-do list. I´d rather have floats and tundra tires and skies to go with my Cub.

In the old days, pilots were able to figure their course w/o GPS just by looking at their map, setting a heading, calculating the wind angle and crosschecking with the landmarks they saw below them. It was kinda basic and quite simple. No GPS needed.

So please MS give us floats, tundra tires and skies!

Cheers from LOWG,

Werner

I agree, I flew for many years with no GPS, and never had a problem. I think relying on a GPS is probably not the safest thing to do, what happens if it malfunctions?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I agree, I flew for many years with no GPS, and never had a problem. I think relying on a GPS is probably not the safest thing to do, what happens if it malfunctions?

Declare an emergency or land immediately in the middle of nowhere Straight%20Face.gif

Seriously, the Katana I took lessons on had no GPS either ...

Intel core i5-9600KF,  ASRock H310CM-HDV/M2, G.Skill DDR4-2666 32GB, Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI 16GB, Samsung SSD 980 1 TB M.2 SSD