Sign in to follow this  
c97019

Plane cockpit tease..

This is indeed great news, I will certainly purchase a VC when it is released, now matter how much or how little the GPS might be detailed, I will definitely be showing my support for working virtual cockpits.

Yes, I will also certainly buy it, no question about that! Though I'd rather had no GPS at all: it's a bit like having an inop AP in the plane... :wink: It reminds you all the time of what could have been.

But that said, I'm generally wary of hitting the buy now button as a pavlovian response instead of a rational one, and it seems to me that with DLC being scarce for Flight and only from one source, that is what we risk doing.

While I did eventually buy the P51 out of curiousity, I did say no to the other cockpitless warbirds - I will not spend any more money on planes without working vc's...

But that said, I'm generally wary of hitting the buy now button as a pavlovian response instead of a rational one, and it seems to me that with DLC being scarce for Flight and only from one source, that is what we risk doing.

LOL Yes, MS is clever... :wink: But I wouldn't buy this DLC if I wouldn't want the Cub. If they release VC's for all the warbirds that have been released the last months I still wouldn't buy them because I don't care for warbirds at all.

But then again... A year ago I would never ever have bought this upcoming Cub because of the too simple GPS... Hm, that's a rather sad discovery I just did. Flight has lowered my standards... But luckily Flight has raised some other bars... :wink:

I just saw the pic on facebook. Definitely looks like the carbon cub cockpit. I'm excited and hopeful. Excited to get a new aircraft with a cockpit, and hopeful that the Deluxe Carbon Cub sells like gangbusters so that the Flight dev team sees that planes with cockpits will sell well, even if we already have a basic version of that aircraft for 'free' (if we purchased Alaska, which I did.) :) I'll be buying the deluxe carbon cub as soon as it's available. :)

Yeah, while I purchased the Alaska DLC of course, I have yet to even fire up the Carbon Cub, namely because it does not have a VC. Once the release the deluxe version, I will jump all over it.

I know, but the part of the GPS you see in the teasershot is EXACTLY the same as the GPS in the Icon, up to the fragments of the compass rose: it's not only the topo screen but also the lack of anything else you normally see in that lower left corner of a GPS... :onscreen information but also hardware buttons... I predict a very basic moving map and not what I would call a GPS device suited for complete navigation. :wink:

It's also the same GPS that shows in the Carbon Cub when you move the viewpoint back.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, it would of course be nice to have a fully simulated Garmin or something it there, but I suspect that won't happen, nor does it have to really for what Flight is intended to be as a product. As long as there is some basic functionality on a par with what most people used the one in FSX for (and seriously under-used it for everything else it could do), then that would be okay.

Just so long as it isn't merely a pretty map picture and nothing more. I always get annoyed when FS developers do that, or worse, put a sign with 'INOP' on the panel of things; they might just as well put a sign there with 'I don't know how to/cannot be arsed making this gauge' :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This is indeed great news, I will certainly purchase a VC when it is released, now matter how much or how little the GPS might be detailed, I will definitely be showing my support for working virtual cockpits.

Likewise!!!!! Can't wait....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Good, it was pretty obvious after release of Alaska anyway that they are going to make some planes with virtual cockpit for it. Great way to milk some more money from customers, that's for sure.

Good, it was pretty obvious after release of Alaska anyway that they are going to make some planes with virtual cockpit for it. Great way to milk some more money from customers, that's for sure.

It won't really be milking if the Cub 'update' will cost 5 dollars. I expect a price like that: we already have the plane and this is just the VC... If it costs 5 dollar then Alaska plus plane with VC will cost just as much as Hawaii plus plane with VC. If it will cost more, it will look like milking indeed: the VC should have been in the Alaska pack imho. 20 bucks for Alaska and a Cub with VC is more then okay with me.

Great way to milk some more money from customers, that's for sure.

True but I have far more invested in FSX so I don't see a problem. I fly only low and slow and beleive it or not in Hawaii or Alaska which cost far more than what I've spent on Flight as well as the fairly expensive GA planes I bought over the years. So far the VFR fly by the seat of my pants with much better FPS is making me happy. Heck, I just had a great time ice flow hopping with the CC. Interestingly it kicks up dirt on the ice flows. I do admit that there are things I miss in Flight like road traffic and the moving map I have on my tablet. I think I'll just setup an old laptop I have as a map display for sectionals. It will not be perfect but it will be better then nothing.

It won't really be milking if the Cub 'update' will cost 5 dollars.

I think they will get us for 15 bucks like the Maule because it will have a float version as well as wheeled or a float with wheels version. I would prefer both a float and wheeled version but who knows what lurks in the teams minds.

Well I have wanted a cockpit, and have especially wanted one for the cub once I got a chance to fly it.

Not gonna look this particular gift horse in the mouth.

As they sometimes say: Better late than never!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It won't really be milking if the Cub 'update' will cost 5 dollars. I expect a price like that: we already have the plane and this is just the VC... If it costs 5 dollar then Alaska plus plane with VC will cost just as much as Hawaii plus plane with VC. If it will cost more, it will look like milking indeed: the VC should have been in the Alaska pack imho. 20 bucks for Alaska and a Cub with VC is more then okay with me.

I have been milked for $25-30 for one aircraft, about 7 years ago, and bought lots of them. I have paid more than that for scenery. $15 at today's prices is a bargain as far as I am concerned and if had to pay that for an aircraft, that wouldn't bother me either and I am far from wealthy.

Maybe next time, MS will give away 3 or 4 cockpits, but no aircraft.... Then sell the aircraft when the airframes are completed.... :Just Kidding:

If it adds nothing more than the cockpit, then I'd agree with Jeroen that around $5 would be 'the right price'. But if they do in fact include a float version, I'll gladly fork over $15. Realistically, I'm sure I'd pay the $15 even if it was just a cockpit upgrade, if for no other reason than to boost sales of aircraft with cockpits, in the hope that if it sells enough, the profits from basic aircraft pale in comparison, so that more aircraft will have pits in the future. I figure if I support them when they add features I want, then hopefully they'll continue to add features I want (like more planes with cockpits.) :)

5. Funny to see how happy we all are with a VC... as if it's something special... :wink:

Funny and so true...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2