Sign in to follow this  
c97019

Plane cockpit tease..

Prepare for excessive extrapolation and guesswork!

So far the Maule is the only deluxe aircraft that's been offered as DLC. So, if you're buying the complete plane, it would be about $15 by that logic.

But those of us that bought Alaska already have the basic plane, so you'd hope that it's less to upgrade it to deluxe. What are the "basic" warbirds? About $7-$8? So if you assume $15 for a deluxe plane (Maule) and $8 for a basic aircraft (P-51), that leaves you with $7 to upgrade from basic to deluxe.

Or, since Hawaii was $20 for a scenery area and a deluxe aircraft, then the $15 price tag for Alaska leads you to assume that that cockpit is worth $5.

But then if they do in fact add other variants (floats, skis, etc...), then all that guesswork goes out the window since we have no idea what they'd expect us to pay for additional variants.

Am I the only one that feels a little let down by this announcement? I mean we already have the Cub, and yes it is missing a VC, but its still very much usable, and really is a lot of fun. As far as Alaska goes, it would really benefit from a larger, faster, a/c fully equipped for IFR preferably with a float option. The RV complimented Hawaii perfectly, and while the Cub is an Alaskan staple, it's not the ac of choice for hauling cargo or passengers. Also, with 137 float plane bases, we need a float plane other than the Icon. Jobs flying cargo into remote lakes in close to minimums weather would get the heart going. With a deluxe Cub now, could that mean that we will get a basic Beaver or Caravan or <insert your choice here> next month? If the pattern with Hawaii holds true (Scenery pack plus 1 or 2 deluxe aircraft, then 4 basic aircraft), then personally I'd rather stick to the basic Cub and have Deluxe more capable aircraft down the road.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm still happy to be getting a new VC, (maybe it will have a float option?), and I'll be at my desk pressing F5 on the marketplace site waiting for the Download button to appear.

Mixed feelings... Hawaii got the RV-6, full cockpit, full detailled DLC. Then after a cockpitless crysis, Alaska is out, not so polished AND with a cockpitless Carbon Cub, no options (floats, skis...), even known that Alaska's got 130+ water bases.

And now we have this announce of a DLC "Guess the Plane !" (and not "Guess the panel" Just%20Kidding.gif ) that could come out plop just like this in the middle of the month, against all before odds.

I have a very strong feeling that:

1/ the cockpitless warbirds were there to get us to be used to the idea (and that actually didn't xworked very well, otherwise the comments would still be opened in the blog)

2/ the cockpit was just removed from the DLC prior to public release, in order to get people satisfied and less angry while waiting, after having seen that VC is a must...

I still have some thoughts about the PLANE that is coming, hopefully not just a cockpit, or the above would seem very true and cruel to us, what I really don't hope (even if we all know it's just marketting, and not to satisfy us blindly :LMAO: ) !

Funny thing I just realize is if it's the Carbon Cub coming, MSF confessed that what we now got IS NOT A PLANE :lol:

I hope it's not a Cub. The idea of paying extra for a VC'd Cub, when it should have had a cockpit to start with, kinda ticks me off.

We have 2 mustangs in the hanger now. One with the Two paints that was first offered and then the seperate Red Tail. What if they leave the basic Cub for the "kids" and add a new Cub with the VC and variants with floats and skies that would be aquired through compleating challenges.

I hope it's not a Cub. The idea of paying extra for a VC'd Cub, when it should have had a cockpit to start with, kinda ticks me off.

Ya, but you can't really consider yourself paying "extra" for the VC when the rest of the plane was pretty much free to begin with.

Ya, but you can't really consider yourself paying "extra" for the VC when the rest of the plane was pretty much free to begin with.

That is what I am thinking, the cub that came with Alaska is like a "demo" version . To get the full version, you have to cough up some money. Sounds fair to me.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

That is what I am thinking, the cub that came with Alaska is like a "demo" version . To get the full version, you have to cough up some money. Sounds fair to me.

Sound like an excuse to me. By that logic, the P-51, F4U, A6M and P-40 are also 'demo' versions, but ones people have had to pay for, and with no full version.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Wow, already 3 pages of comments! You'd think they'd announced an A380!

Im a very happy chappy. Shows they are messing with our minds :-)

As a videographer and online flyer (too infrequently with everything else on), I am salivating at an online STOL competition!

Now, if only we could have an easy mission editor like DCS,where we could place some haystacks in the middle of a runway... Hang on, I'll be filming, so I know where I'll park my own cub!!

Well... looks like I might be returning sooner than intended... Once the cockpit is released I will give flight another shot (W/ alaska scenery of course!)

while the Cub is an Alaskan staple, it's not the ac of choice for hauling cargo or passengers.

Have you tried some cargo or passenger jobs with the Carbon Cub? You can fit 4 passengers into that single back seat and still carry enough fuel for 185 miles without going overweight. I'm not going to speculate on how one gets 4 passengers into the back seat.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I didn't get Alaska because of the aircraft included. I will now "pull the trigger" on Alaska and give Microsoft some more money. Interesting that some who thought the VC wasn't important have jumped on the bandwagon with the latest announcement and have acknowledged the importance of an aircraft that can be flown from the cockpit. I hope Microsoft gets the message for all future releases.

Stan

Have you tried some cargo or passenger jobs with the Carbon Cub? You can fit 4 passengers into that single back seat and still carry enough fuel for 185 miles without going overweight. I'm not going to speculate on how one gets 4 passengers into the back seat.

Hook

Lapdance? :Hypnotized:

Also, you can fly $100 Burger runs in the single seat warbirds with 1 pax. I feel a little uncomfortable when the whiny dude hops in my lap. :Just Kidding: For some reason I always do violent aerobatics when he is "on board"... :Talking Ear Off:

aj

Also, you can fly $100 Burger runs in the single seat warbirds with 1 pax. I feel a little uncomfortable when the whiny dude hops in my lap. :Just Kidding: For some reason I always do violent aerobatics when he is "on board"... :Talking Ear Off:

OMG, I can just hear the "whiny dude" now, "Hey guy! Let go of my joystick! Fly the damn plane!" :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator