Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

B-55 SP is out!

Ahh cool, so more climb and shorter takeoffs.

Thanks very much for the update to this very nice plane. But there's one thing that really bothers me and that is the requirement to turn off all anti-virus programs before downloading the installers. Why is it not like 99.9% of flightsim products that do not require this odd and dangerous practice?........please explain why we have to take the risk of exposing our systems to the big,bad world for several minutes.

Thank you again for a great product.

best regards

Rick Canham

Sweden

Just checking.

When will the AVSIM store have the service pack?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks very much for the update to this very nice plane. But there's one thing that really bothers me and that is the requirement to turn off all anti-virus programs before downloading the installers. Why is it not like 99.9% of flightsim products that do not require this odd and dangerous practice?........please explain why we have to take the risk of exposing our systems to the big,bad world for several minutes.

It's probably just the flight1 wrapper.

It only took me a moment to download but I understand sometimes our net is a bit slow here in Aussie.

Even so, most viruses don't usually kickoff their activities until you run them. So during the download period you should be ok. I normally turn my scanner off for 4 hours whenever I take a flight in FSX for better performance.

Just checking.

When will the AVSIM store have the service pack?

All of the portal sites have the update at this time.

Due to the DRM (anti-priacy method) that F1 uses... it can sometimes generate false positives which is why we ask that you disable or turn it off.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

"All of the portal sites have the update at this time."

Ok, thanks.

I downloaded the B55 from AVSIM store.

I assume the installer is updated with the first major service pack.

What can I check when I load the aircraft in FSX to verify I have the current software version?

Best Regards,

You should now have two versions in the aircraft list, if you have the E55 version available then the installer worked correctly.

Dan

This is what I see in the aircraft folder:

Best Regards,

go up one directory

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Is this the correct directory?

Best Regards,

This is what you should be seeing, Vaughan, if the service pack is part of your MILVIZ 55 installation:

7512300190_90c7d1a8bd.jpg

Capture by wklockner, on Flickr

It appears that you do not have the service pack version as yet, since the MILVIZ E55 model is missing from your Simobjects\Airplanes directory.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Wayne,

Thanks for confirming ... the AVSIM store is not updated with the service pack version of the Milviz B55 installer yet.

Best Regards,

I will contact avsims store and find out when the sp will be up

Ok,

That sounds good to me.

Best Regards,

The AVSIM store has the correct MilViz B55 SP1 file now.

I ran the exe installer over top of the original FSX B55 installation...

I hope that was correct method (there were no instructions .. just the ZIP / installer file).

Best Regards,