Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

B-55 SP is out!

that's it... yay!

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

In the SP, I can't operate the right inner knobs of the Garmins in the VC. So I can switch between page groups, but not between pages within the groups. Has anyone else found this?

Dugald

are these the default ones that come with it or the RXP ones?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

In the SP, I can't operate the right inner knobs of the Garmins in the VC. So I can switch between page groups, but not between pages within the groups. Has anyone else found this?

Dugald

Use the mouse wheel. L/R click will not work because of some programming limitations with 3d mouse points.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, Bill. That does it. And thanks to you and the rest of the team for a great addition to the choice of GA aircraft for FSX.

Dugald

Thanks, Bill. That does it. And thanks to you and the rest of the team for a great addition to the choice of GA aircraft for FSX.

Dugald

You are most welcome, Dugald! Getting 3d mouse actions to work reliably is sometimes a challenge!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, CoolP, and I have and like the C310 as well...but I'm preferring the B55 because of the better VC graphics and RealityXP integration, IMHO. Both are very good.

Believe it or not, I'm in the 'both' club now. I got her today and must say that I fully agree. The next step on the VC looks (I like the worn optics a lot) is a significant one. Especially when having in mind the already good C310 VC.

The first flying attempts in the B55 went fine and she seems more tame than the C310. I got used to the torque effects and yawing in the C310, so that's where that statement derives from. Nice detail with the switchable panel layout and that storm scope. Have to test that.

The next step on the VC looks (I like the worn optics a lot) is a significant one.

I've been fortunate enough to have spent a lot of time in a B55 cockpit, and it's hard right now for me to fly anything else. The VC on this plane absolutely nails the real thing, and the SP has taken care of the handful of issues that bugged me a bit at the start. I know I'll eventually gravitate back to the rest of my "fleet", but right now the Baron is getting most of my flight hours with the Lancair Legacy getting what's left.

Scott

Very true. Superb VC. Scott, which variant do you like more? The E55 has some more powerful engines, right?

Scott, which variant do you like more?

Since the SP, I've spent most of my time with the B55, which is actually the newer FD. Yes, the E55 has the more powerful engines, but the B55 matches what I've spent time in and feels right to me.

Note, I do not have PIC time in the Baron - wish I did; my PIC hours are mostly in complex piston singles - but I do have quite a few hours right seat in a B55, and the B55 variant matches well what I remember. With the personal connection, I'm more interested in flying what I have experience with than getting the extra performance.

Scott

Makes sense, Scott. I will surely try both, but having less power available develops more attraction to me. As strange as it might seem. :lol:

From what I recall the more powerful engines add a few knots but also a bigger fuel burn...when we replaced our engines in our B55 we briefly discussed upgrading the engines to more powerful ones, but decided that the few knot gain did not justify the larger fuel bill-especially with today's prices. 186 knts TAS at 27-28 gallons an hour really is not that bad!

Sounds reasonable. So you are running those, the first one, yes?

The B55 is modeling the original engines (Teledyne Continental Motors IO-470 260 hp).

The E55 is using the larger engines that were made available during the later part of the production cycle (Teledyne Continental Motors IO-550-C 285 hp).