Sign in to follow this  
Barthandelus

Camera Views

Hi Guys,

Im a stubborn FSX user, but iv decided to have a look at XPlane 10, now that some descent plane have landed for it!

I do have a question about camera views in the virtual cockpit, though. Is there an addon that will let me set my camera views? Something like EZdok that FSX has? Iv come pretty reliant on that addon, so something similar for XPlane would be brilliant.

If not, how do you guys pan and zoom around the cockpit? I would like to create my own cameras that i can assign keyboard (or better yet, spare joystick) buttons to.

Thanks for your advice.

I do have a question about camera views in the virtual cockpit, though. Is there an addon that will let me set my camera views? Something like EZdok that FSX has? Iv come pretty reliant on that addon, so something similar for XPlane would be brilliant.

Try this:

http://www.xpluginsdk.org/pilot_view.htm

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Great (free!) plugin but not very convenient to set up right - in my opinion. I'm still dealing with some unexpected behaviour now and then and have to enable it again each time I change the plane. So better be prepared for some trouble getting it to work as you want it ;)

I think they should integrate pilot-view features into X-Plane to make it easier to handle and set up.

They're essential features.

Flo

This looks interesting... Ill give that a go when i get home, thanks!

Do you know if you can save different views for different aircraft?

Do you know if you can save different views for different aircraft?

IIRC, yes, but not 100% sure.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Yes, views and the g-effects are saved per plane.

It's just some general setups that are global (ini-file).

Greets

Flo

IMO pilot view takes a bit of getting use to, I don't feel it's as flexible as EZdoc but it does work and since it's freeware I'm not complaining but I would buy EZdoc again if they offered an XP version.

RE Thomason Jr.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The X-Plane General Discussions Forum" to "X-Plane Tips and Tricks". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

As of 10.10, you can set your own views for each plane without a plugin. Go to 3D view, then position where you want the view to be with the arrow keys and shift + , and shift + ., then set it with Ctrl + Numpad. Then access the view with the corresponding Numpad key. Transitions are smooth, like EZ-Dok.

For example, I've got Numpad 8 set as front, pilot view, Numpad 5 as overhead, Numpad 2 as quadrant/center console, and 7, 4, 1, 9, 6, and 3 as left and right views, respectively in the P&R 777 Worldliner.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Numpad 0 to 9 works.

I use 8 for visual front view, 7 and 9 to foward left and foward right view (approach) and 4 and 6 to the left and right views, 5 for IFR panel, and 0, 1, 2, 3 as required for each aircraft...

set the view witch CTRL + numpad key.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

guys i do same thing position in front af the insttrument i want to fix (ex gps) pres control numpad 1 and nothing happens,,,i switch view pres numpad1 and nothing,,,,any hint

luis

The view system works great provided the num lock is on (just checking ;-)) and you don't have a TrackIR activated in X-Plane

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you use TrackIR I reccomend to install Pilot View plugin. You can then customize 7 views for each aircraft and still use TrackIR. Only drawback is that you loose the ability to run HeadShake plugin but that's still true with TrackIr direct activation in XPlane.

I'd hoped that either the Pilot View developer could implement landing and variable engine effect or that HeadShake developer could implement TrackIR views but it seems both won't do that.

Of course if a have to choose my choice goes to Pilot View + TrackIR

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.