Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

OpusFSX

<br /> I just have to manually unselect all aircraft each time I assign an aircraft<br />

At the risk of sounding obvious are you perhaps selecting the new aircraft with the <CTRL> plus mouse key? This would leave 'All Aircraft' selected too?

Cheryl

Stephen

Could you please put that post in a sticky at the top of the forum for us? I'm sure Dave and I aren't going to be the only people that appreciate the detailed description.

Thanks

Mike

+1

At the risk of sounding obvious are you perhaps selecting the new aircraft with the <CTRL> plus mouse key? This would leave 'All Aircraft' selected too?

Cheryl

CTRL key and mouse yes to select multiple aircraft after the initial one is highlighted.

Perhaps I do it to fast and that is what is happening.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Sorry one more question.

I have my camera files set nicely in Prepar3d now and for individual aircraft. I was hoping that the OpusFSX folder is global to FSX and Prepar3d but when I switched to FSX my camera files are messed up again. The positions are all wrong. The path is correct in the configure option so I know its not that. Do they not share camera defintions for same aircraft?

CYVR LSZH 

They are stored in different files FSXSERVER.CAM for FSX and P3DSERVER.CAM for P3D but they are compatible so you could copy your existing file and just rename it as appropriate.

Regards

Cheryl

They are stored in different files SERVER.CAM for FSX and P3DSERVER.CAM for P3D but they are compatible so you could copy your existing file and just rename it as appropriate.

Regards

Cheryl

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

CYVR LSZH 

Hi Cheryl, Stepehen,

Has there been any progress to the sudden and drastic change that happens at upper levels?

Everytime I fly with VAFS and I get to the drastic shift, I get penalized saying my gforces have damaged my cargo.

Its always upper level altitudes, and I get an overspeed warning then it drops off vnav. My altitude also increases by about 1000 ft and it descents again.

Also happens any aircraft. I have the transition and recovery options suggested by you at FL190 and FL170 respectivly. max wind change 15deg. Relax wind smoothing is not enabled. Everything else is pretty darn good.

Im using beta 2.29.1

Thanks.

CYVR LSZH 

Hi

Please download the latest beta 2.30 released today and try that first. If that does not get rid of the wind shifts then untick the Relax Wind Smoothing option (I see you have already done that). If your system is still plagued with wind shifts at higher altitudes then try setting the Transition altitude to 0 feet and adopting global surface winds. Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Cheryl

Hi Craig

Firstly, the OpusFSX LWE generates real world very detailed weather and I must warn you I think your system may not cope very well with only 4Gb of memory.

Regards

Stephen

And my system also have 4 Gb RAM and I got interested in OpusFSX since it appear better then both AS2012 REXE.

Is the amount of RAM the only problem and what is the problem?

Hi

The best thing is to try the demo and see how your system performs. It depends on many things, how many addons etc you have installed.

Regards

Cheryl

Hi

The best thing is to try the demo and see how your system performs. It depends on many things, how many addons etc you have installed.

Regards

Cheryl

I see no point in trying the demo since it's so limited. I use many addons like 737NGX and other addon planes also for example ORBX scenery. If the RAM is insufficient does not the system use virtual memory? What kind of

problem could I encounter because I have 4 Gb RAM on my Wion 7 x64 system ?

FSX will not be able to run as smoothly as it could with more memory on your system. You will get stutters if FSX has to retrieve info off the disk etc. but try the demo that is the only way you are going to know for sure.

Stephen

FSX will not be able to run as smoothly as it could with more memory on your system. You will get stutters if FSX has to retrieve info off the disk etc. but try the demo that is the only way you are going to know for sure.

Stephen

There is a better option. Since Flight1 offer 30 day refund I could buy it and decide during this month to keep it or not.

I already have Active Sky 2012 and REXE so Opus needs to be better than those not just good.

If I upgrade my 4 Gb to 8 Gb do you think that would improve the performance of your program ?

The program has no adverse effects on your system performance but it boils down to improving the performance of you system. If you have installed a 64-bit operating system then 4Gb is quite a low amount of memory, more suited to older 32-bit systems. As an example we all have a minimum of 12Gb of memory on our in house 64-bit systems, 24Gb on dev systems. All the12Gb systems run as smooth as silk. But once again I was only thinking of the performance of your system, if its OK now then OpusFSX won't change much but some of the DHM effects do require smooth running.

Regards

Stephen