Sign in to follow this  
Guest j-mo

L1011

Guest ba747heavy

The OMWINGS L1011 Tristar is an amazing plane. Very well done, and a hoot to hand fly around. Only one problem - I don't speak German at all, so the manuals and other documentation included is next to useless to me. Looks well done, I just can't use it :) Anyone know of any good L1011 references out there? Like checklists or manuals, something to get me in the air with this thing :)

Guest FattyBear

The panel looks nice, but it's appearing to be a pain to install. Add to that every time I double click one of the files I get a virus alert.

Guest ba747heavy

Thats odd, I didn't recieve any virus warnings when I installed.The install is deceptively easy, just unzip the zips marked 'sound.zip', 'panel.zip', 'model.zip', 'textures.zip' into the folder you want in the FS9Aircraft folder. Then unzip the gauges.zip into the FS9 gauges folder. And finally unzip the FS2004_Sound.zip into the main FS9 sound folder (make sure it creates a new folder in there marked 'omWings yadda yadda'. If you want good panel views (yes!), unzip Panel_Views.zip into the panel folder.

Fred's description is right on. The panel is great, lots of detail, lots of popup panels and very nice night lighting. The L1011 is a great addition to the fleet, many thanks to the OMWings group.

Guest MC767

HiI have installed the 'sound.zip', 'panel.zip', 'model.zip', 'textures.zip' and finally unzip the FS2004_Sound.zip.When booted up the panels and aircraft are beautiful BUT I got no sound!An ERROR Msg came up about DirectX..in an "Debugged" msg.Can you help me out?Thanks

Hi MC767 I think your problem is you did not leave the sounds in the omWings_L1011_200 folder.When you unzip the sounds leave them in this folder and put this folder in the FS9/sounds folder.regardsEdedetroit@projectopensky.com

Guest ba747heavy

Thanks for that link, just what I needed!

Read again carefully."make sure it creates a new folder in there marked 'omWings yadda yadda'"When you unzip the FS2004_Sound.zip you need to make sure that the folders option is turned on so that the files are extracted into a folder named the same as the one in the zip file itself.

Howard H.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

-Mahatma Gandhi

Guest Jack

EdThanks for the great site! They have far more answers than I knew the questions for.JackD

Guest Gdavis101

Does anyone know what the reasoning was to go freeware with their package?Very well done!

Guest MC767

HiThanks for your reply....I have done that and named the folder "OmWings_L1011_200"! U telling me to renamed it "omWings yadda yadda"??....OK.