Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Something interesting... Anyone tried it?

Hello from FSPS !

always nice as a developer to read comments about one of our "children" on a forum synonymous with FS world.

@ ALL:

First of all some technical comments:

Our application is completely stand alone and it should work with any other addon or application:

Its nature is to exactly calculate the center of the runway, the nose position and the aircraft speed and IF only the aircraft is on the center of the runway and the nose is down, we produce a sound effect (a bump sound) and a visual effect by moving slightly the nose of the aircraft.

So if you go left or right (like in reality as written above many pilots move left or right of the centerline to avoid it...) you will lose the effect, and of course you can adjust almost all kind of parameters that produce it. (The default first-run values are those which represent reality, but you are able to change i.e. the length between lights, the width of the lights -> bigger to make it easier to step on it , the gravity of the effect itself - sound and pitch adjustable etc).

@kanadaken:

Thank you for your feedback. We founded the GUI enough for the cause, but on a newer version (check for updates soon) we may implement bigger and less transparent buttons. About the "too hard" on each dump, this is I think adjustable from Ezdok and any other similar application. We don't move the head, we move the aircraft :) You may have Ezdok on a too sensitive adjustment.

Anyway I will keep an eye on this thread in case you all have more questions, in any case you could contact us directly via our website.

Good (but bumpy) landing and takeoffs captains! :)

PS If an editor read this, please contact me , can't find where I could send the product for review etc.

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

I just picked this one up today. - I have to say that I really like it. It adds a realistic nice little bump just like reality. It took only a few minutes of tweaking the settings select my ideal settings. Once I finished the intial setup, this addon really shined on my setup. :smile:

I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes to fly airliners...

I purchased it today but as yet I have not heard the bumps as I go down the middle of the runway.

Copied the file MakeRws.exe to the fsx folder and ran it till it completed.

Then went into Runway Dumping and selected the sound I wanted to hear.

MakeRWS creates a number of files....do I need to copy them somewhere other than where the exe puts them?

Update:

I have checked I have latest version of fsuipc and tried with different aircraft at YSSY

First a pmdg 737 ngx and then a default 737.

No luck. I must be missing something.

Roy Jordan

I wouldn't worry, pilots tend to be either slightly to the left or right of the centreline intentionally to avoid the nosewheel going over the lights.

Story goes there was a 747 landing somewhere. The tower reported that they were landed to the left of centreline, to which the captain (and PF) responded with words to the effect of; 'Yes, and my first officer landed to the right of the centreline.'

Story goes there was a 747 landing somewhere. The tower reported that they were landed to the left of centreline, to which the captain (and PF) responded with words to the effect of; 'Yes, and my first officer landed to the right of the centreline.'

Haha, I've heard that before.

Let me recommend naming the thread something relevant to the topic instead of calling the thread "Something interesting". "Something interesting" is a very selfish title in many ways. Personally I dont even bother reading topics with selfish titles. I'm sure a lot of other very experienced internet users feels the same way

After many emails we received asking for it, we published a video for previewing the product. (I am not the best video artist, hope you like it.)

Direct youtube link:

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Senior Developer
2vhslld.jpg

Of course.

User can adjust

-the width of the lights (the bigger the easier you step on them)

-the length between each light (the bigger distance the less bumps you will feel)

-the master volume and balance of sound (how loud and on stereo speaker hear it left or right)

-the pitch effect (nose up and down slider, from barely visible, to default, and to huge bumpy).

Also the output device ie. He may want to play the aircraft sound from the speakers/main soundcard and the bumps from his usb headset.

Can pick one out of 3 ready "bump" sounds too...

And the wavs are unlocked. Anyone can edit them or replace them just putting a same-named file on the original's position.

(During development we used a "gong" sound just for fun. While rolling the result was like a techno-song , haha . Developers in action :P )

Oh btw, the original link to the product (posted on the very top post) changed due to new version update. Here is the new one:

http://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-runway-bumping-effect.phtml

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Senior Developer
2vhslld.jpg

I read the good avsim review on this and was thinking of buying it, until I read the comments which was mostly people saying it is a waste because accu-feel does the same thing.

Well I bought Accu-feel V2 yesterday and it doesn't do the same thing, so I just bought this runway bumping effect too. I'll see how it goes.

For those who bought this product back in August, how did you like it? Are you still using it?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I'll see how it goes.

I have used it for a half dozen flights and many tests now and it goes well. Does just what it says it does.

Only thing I don't like is you have to open it every time you want to start flying, though only once until it gets closed again (computer shutdown etc). I do have it set to go to my icon tray rather than leaving a open window.

For those who bought this product back in August, how did you like it? Are you still using it?

Hook

I can't speak for them but I personally can't see why I wont be using it in the distant future.

Just as a reminder for anyone who dismisses this software as "Accu-feel does this" like in the comments of the Avsim review.. Accu-feel doesn't do this, not even version 2.