Sign in to follow this  
ant_1984

Must Have/Best Freeware FSX Addons

With the recent release of some really great freeware such as the Basler BT-67 and KPHL from Sunskyjet I thought it may be appropriate to get some input from the community on what is the best freeware out there.

Whether it be Aircraft, Scenery, Texture Enhancement etc it would be nice to compile a list of freeware must haves.

It might also help potential resent migrators to FSX pick up some great freeware that otherwise may have remained undiscovered to them.

For me I really like Dino Cattaneo's T-45 Goshawk.

What are your freeware must haves?

always good to have "collections" threads for newcommers to browser! (i hope it is ok to provide direct links to the creators websites, if not, please comment!)

freeware aircraft i like:

- for people interested in military jets of course the already mentioned Dino Cattaneo's T-45 Goshawk.

- IRIS simulations have a lot of their older works in their freeware hangar now. especially noteworthy are their two turbo-prop trainers the PC-9 and the t-6/a.

- not to forget ant's tiger moth bi-plane.

- also worth mentioning for the helicopter fans is Jordan Moores Bell 412 for FSX.

for the goshawk fans a definite must-have is Javier Fernandez USS Nimitz Aircraft Carrier package (needs fsx acceleration - and AiCarriers 2 is highly recommended)

thanks for all the links/ideas! i'm new to FSX, last sim was FS9 (and an affair with Flight). does anyone know where I can find a good JU-52? i can't seem to get it downloaded from the Simviation site...

A good way to find freeware is to go to all the various freeware sites; AVSIM own file library, Flightsim.com, Simviation.com, and navigate through to their listing of FSX downloads then arrange or order the list by number of downloads. You can also list the downloads by file type such as Original Aircraft, Scenery, Gauges, Utilities, etc.

This can ensure you get a good list of freeware that was popular with the community.

On top of that I check the AVSIM new files list daily and Flightsim.com and Simviation.com weekly to see if there was something listed on those two that wasn't uploaded to AVSIM.

Enjoy!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Enjoy!

Thanks pman! somehow I missed it on the flightsim.com site...must be lack of coffee, glasses, and youth!

Get Rick Piper's Chipmunk and HS748 from here:

http://www.britsim.com/index.php/files-top

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

On top of that I check the AVSIM new files list daily and Flightsim.com and Simviation.com weekly to see if there was something listed on those two that wasn't uploaded to AVSIM.

Some of the best freeware resides over at SimOuthouse... in the libraries..

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I just have to add the following to me freeware must haves:

Ant's Aussie Airports

http://www.antsairplanes.com/scenery.html

OzX Au Complete

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1825-ozx-au-complete-ozx-na-complete-ozx-libraries/

Both are intended to be used with FTX Australia for best results, but can be used without it.

World of AI.

The recent mention of a 777.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

PLan-G for a moving map/navigation aid with topographical beauty for VFR

touchy but marvelous

al