Sign in to follow this  
Furious 1

PMDG 737 NGX

Hello just wanted to know why wasn't a GPS installed when you have brought the PMDG 737 NGX? Not much of a fan of the CDU-FMC rather use the GPS so anyone can help with this problem of mine would be much appriceated....Romeo

Hello just wanted to know why wasn't a GPS installed when you have brought the PMDG 737 NGX? Not much of a fan of the CDU-FMC rather use the GPS so anyone can help with this problem of mine would be much appriceated....Romeo

It's easy to install. I installed one in mine just to see where I am. I dont use it for navigation purposes.

If you want the panel.cfg entries let me know.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

It's easy to install. I installed one in mine just to see where I am. I dont use it for navigation purposes.

Hi m8 how are you? Yeah that would be great just can't use the CDU properly exspecially in the legs page a little confussing maybe once u can get the hang of it i suppose it would be fun to use....Looking forward to that panel & thanks......

Romeo, wrong forum. You should have posted this here: http://forum.avsim.n...32-pmdg-737ngx/

To answer your question, the NGX has no GPS. Learning the FMC is easy, just read the included tutorials.

Sorry m8 this site can be a little confusing & thanks...... :P

Add this to your window title section, Change the bold xx's to the next consecutive number. Make sure they are the same. These go in your panel.cfg file. Backup whatever files you are going to modify first!!

Windowxx=GPS

Add this as the next window entry.

//--------------------------------------------------------

[Windowxx]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=320,205

window_size_ratio=1.000

position=0

visible=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

window_size= 0.500, 0.500

window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

zorder=11

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 1,1,320,205

Edited by Daveo

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Just curious, if your not a fan of the CDU-FMC why would you buy a aircraft like the PMDG NGX and not some lite version of the NG that isn't so serious about simulating the aircraft to such a high degree?

If you would like help on the CDU just ask and there are plenty of people willing to help, also try the tutorials.

The same reason you would buy a Ferrari, then replace the dashboard with that from a Mini Cooper S?? :huh:

BTW, of course the 737 has a GPS (i think even 2) and it is even much more sophisticated than the default FSX-"Garminish" one. However, it looks very different and the operation is different, so learn how to use it (2 awesome tutorials to help you) and you will be more than happy - i promise

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Yeah I kind of think that would be buying a Ferrari and "it goes too fast, can I get a two liter diesel in it?" :)

Anyway this is a different kind of airplane, as has been told. You have to operate it as a real pilot would - there is no way to link up a Garmin to 737NGs autopilot.

Ok, trying really hard to not say anything.... :lol:

lol just remember he's supporting an excellent FSX addon developer, so he can fly it how he likes and learn at his own pace.. Better to buy stuff from PMDG and support them than to put his money into developers that give no support back..

He will become addicted like everyone else and he will be watching for correct tire tread patterns and rivett counts soon enough :)

lol just remember he's supporting an excellent FSX addon developer, so he can fly it how he likes and learn at his own pace.. Better to buy stuff from PMDG and support them than to put his money into developers that give no support back..

He will become addicted like everyone else and he will be watching for correct tire tread patterns and rivett counts soon enough :)

Hehe, you're probably right!