Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

Plan-G users, the manual for V3 is up!

What is the proposed release date?

Bob

What is the proposed release date?

Bob

The release is imminent is what they said. I've been checking for the update since yesterday.

Would someone mind just briefly to explain what improvements/changes will be in v3. I really liked 2, but the browser refresh/repaint was bad on my computer anyway. Just curious if they are using different technology.

Bob

New Features in Version 3

• OpenStreetMaps interface (replaces Google Maps) for comprehensive

topographical detail including railways (traditional VFR navaid) woodland, parkland

and watercourses.

• “Snippets” ‐ multiple waypoints which can be inserted into a plan either by “quick”

entry” or from a snippets format (.snip) file.

• Now supports X‐Plane Versions 9 & 10. Fully editable flight plans can be saved in

the X‐Plane format (.fms), or in Plan‐G’s own format (.plg).

• VATSIM Support – show all VATSIM controllers and active pilots on the map.

• RADIAL menu allows you to click on multiple VORs or NDBs and display specified

radials from them for easy identification of intersections.

• A COM/NAV Radio Stack which simplifies changing frequencies, especially if Plan‐G

is run on a separate display to FS or X‐Plane.

• Additional options added to the main map context menu.

• KML (& KMZ) files can now be stored on your PC.

• Revised Elevation Plot display.

• Aircraft Performance Profiles. Can your chosen aircraft fly at the cruising airspeed

or altitude you have set?

• Data Tools allow data to be moved between MSFS and X‐Plane databases.

• PDF Charts display. Copy your airport charts, approach plates etc into (e.g.) Plan‐G

Files\Charts\EGKB and they will automatically be available when you right click the

EGKB airport.

Thanks Kaan, that is an impressive list for sure.

Bob

Looking forward to this a lot!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It looks a very worthwhile update and amazingly, it is still freeware. Thanks, Tim.

Resource hungry? In FS9 I load it on to an old PC and link with WideFS (the freeware version is enough). No impact on frame rates.

But, sadly there is no direct unpload facility for Navigraph AIRACs. The copying of downloaded charts and approach plates into Plan-G is a definite improvement and it will be interesting to see how useful it turns out to be.

Great about continuing support for FS9 and now for X-Plane.

Supporter.png

John

Fantastic tool for sure. Really looking forward to the update.

- Aaron

I wonder if when they say:

"..... Now supports X‐Plane Versions 9 & 10. Fully editable flight plans can be saved in

the X‐Plane format (.fms), or in Plan‐G’s own format (.plg)....."

...if that means anything more than creating and importing flightplans--I would love to be able to "CONNECT" with X-Plane the way we can in FSX and have my aircraft flying the plan on Plan-G on one of my monitors.

HP Omen Intel Core i9 @ 3.6GHz
64GB RAM @ 1596MHz, NVidia GeForce RTX 3090
Windows 10 64bit, 2 x 2TB SSD, 2TB 7200RPM SATA Drive

...if that means anything more than creating and importing flightplans--I would love to be able to "CONNECT" with X-Plane the way we can in FSX and have my aircraft flying the plan on Plan-G on one of my monitors.

You can already do that in v2 with xpuipc for x-plane. Fscommander works with it too.

It looks a very worthwhile update and amazingly, it is still freeware. Thanks, Tim.

I find that amazing too... As you see what kind of crap is published as payware on the various addon websites, then it is indeed AMAZING this addon is freeware...! Is it for certain that v3 will still be freeware? Plan-G is one of the best addons there is and I suppose it would sell really well. If v3 is still freeware indeed, I will donate something when it is released.

Plan-G has to be one of the best freeware flight sim add ons out there and version 3 looks to be a great update. Tim and the team have produced a superb product including the fantastic manual which puts a few payware product manuals to shame.

Regards,

Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Any ideas when v3 will be released?

Plan-G rocks, despite the graphical and .net and java errors it throws regularly (didn't know they were ie-related..that figures LOL)..the fact that it is free exempts it from real criticism (imo)...If you don't like it, go and spend $70 on Aivlasoft EFB!!

But seriously, the radial thing, and the ability to store KMZs on the local PC makes the update worthwhile all on its own..And to think that before Jeroen turned me onto it for use in FLIGHT, I'd never heard of it - and had gone and spent all that $ on EFB (which is good, as is FSC9)

Thanks for the tip, CoolIP..Will be downloading this, for sure..

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg