Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

To switch between manual and fmc managed speed (SPD INTV)

·        override f m c speed

·        override f m s speed

·        override managed speed

·        override speed

·        speed intervention

·        speed intervene

·        manual speed selection

·        manual speed select

·        manual speed input

·        manual speed

These commands seem to do nothing in FF 757

To switch between manual and fmc managed speed (SPD INTV)

·        override f m c speed

·        override f m s speed

·        override managed speed

·        override speed

·        speed intervention

·        speed intervene

·        manual speed selection

·        manual speed select

·        manual speed input

·        manual speed

These commands seem to do nothing in FF 757

Some commands are dynamically enabled/disabled based on which aircraft is detected. Will check eventually. Thanks

Since the latest update on the 777-300ER from PMDG, and the latest update of your mcpmd77X.dll (from 1.0.4.0 included in MCE 2.6.5.6 to 1.0.5.0 that you uploaded to this forum) the following does not work:

Command:

"Shut down engines".

Expected behavior:

The FO will answer in return:

"Please confirm, shut down engines" (or something with this meaning)

I will answer "Yes".

Then:

"Splendid"

"Shutting down one"

"Two"

And he/she will shut down the engines.

With this latest update this is the FO's response:

"Are you joking?" or "This is a joke." or something equivalent.

And he/she does not shut down the engines.

This was working previously.

Some more details:

- the command is recognized succesfully by MCE (red text in upper left corner)

- the aircraft is at a gate, the parking brake is set, and the APU is switched on and running

Hi fellow simmers. I got a prob. that I just can't figure out. I am sure it's me that is the prob. but here it is. I start my flight at PANC set IFR to PAJN and load it. Then I go to mce atc to get my flight plan. However it won't load and in the top bar says from LHD (Lake Hood) which is float plane base. How the heck can I get outta there? I even went back to factory setting but it came back.

Captain to First Officer: " I didn't say it was your fault I am just blaming you " 

A few items that don't seem to work correctly with the CS 707-300:

• When I ask the cabin crew to open all (or main) doors...the rear main door does not open.  It will close however when I request the cabin crew to close all (or main) doors.
  • When I command "window heat high" it shows MCE has understood the command (shows up in the red type), but nothing happens...window heat stays on low.
  • When I give command for wing anti-ice, MCE understands it but nothing happens.

Finally, on landing when I request "engines reverse" or just say "reversers" it only works about half the time.  I'm thinking I don't have the command exactly correct.  The manual only tells you to select each engine by number, one at a time (sorry would be off the end of the runway by then). What is the correct command for this?

Thanks

Garry Lundberg

Found the correct term for the reversers...was looking under the wrong area in the reference sheets.

Garry Lundberg

Found the correct term for the reversers...was looking under the wrong area in the reference sheets.

Here is a tip on how to actually speak your Lingo, should you find sticking to expected verbiage not flexible enough...

Whenever you find yourself speaking something that comes to you naturally, and MCE doesn't appear to accept it after a few attempts...

Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript>

In Voxscript interface, click <new> button and Create your own voice command, say "reversers".

The new script will be listed.

Select it and click <Edit>

In "script properties", it's up to you whether you want co-pilot to repeat your command (tick "Verbose" option), and also whether the command needs to be secured against accidental trigger (tick option "Require confirmation"). The shorter the command, the more likely speech engine would pick it up by accident. Don't worry though, co-pilot is trained never to attempt to deploy thrust reverser when airborne even if you ask him to.

Click <Edit script commands> button.

Normally, when creating a new flow, you'd be adding a set of actions to it to be performed by co-pilot or flight engineer in a specific sequence..

In this case, you are using Voxscript as a way to create an alias for something co-pilot or flight engineer are trained to understand, therefore only one command is needed.

You'd need to look-up the documentation once, and tie your custom command to an existing one. In this case "Reverse thrust".

Don't forget to save.

From now on, saying "Reversers" or whatever you want the command to be (Even a command in Spanish, Japanese or whatever language), will act as if you said "reverse thrust" and co-pilot will react to it.

You could basically teach your co-pilot and flight engineer to understand your own idea of natural language, even slang or dodgy commands like "push that yellow thingy on the glareshield", with FO knowing what you mean by "that yellow thingy".

For example "Push that yellow thingy" could be tied to "clear master caution"

Your imagination is the limit here.

There is no voice control package on the planet that can let you do that sort of thing. :P

Thanks...I did see this feature in the manual but have not tried it yet.  For now "Reverse Thrust" is just fine for me. 

Any insight for the other items I mentioned:

• Aft Door won't open
  • Window Heat High
  • Wing Anti-Ice

Thanks,

Garry Lundberg

Thanks...I did see this feature in the manual but have not tried it yet.  For now "Reverse Thrust" is just fine for me. 

Any insight for the other items I mentioned:

• Aft Door won't open
  • Window Heat High
  • Wing Anti-Ice

Thanks,

It's under investigation.

Aft Door won't open

This is by design. When you ask purser to open doors he/she only opens the front left door. When asking to close them, MCE will ensure any open cabin door is closed.

Wing Anti-Ice

Could be that you misunderstood FO just wanted confirmation before switching that ON. Maybe the intonation wasn't there.

To prevent Wing AI going ON by accident when engines are running, unless the command is scripted, FO will always want confirmation. Just say "Affirmative", "Yes", "do it", "go ahead"....

Window Heat High

OK, you have a point here. We chose to just set arbitrarily set it to low when requested ON. Will switching it to high do, or do you want discretion on which way it goes?

The assumption is that you have the CS 707-300 version 1.3 (csx701_1300.exe) base pack and not the other variants, VC137 & E3.

Understand on the door.  You might want to put on your list of "like to have's" a separate command to open the Aft Door...otherwise fine the way it is.

I'll check next time on the Wing Ice.

I'm flying the 707-300 version 1.3.  I would prefer to be able to choose as the 707 manual says to use low heat on the ground and just before takeoff switch to high.

Thanks for the response...you people are great.

Garry Lundberg

Since the latest update on the 777-300ER from PMDG, and the latest update of your mcpmd77X.dll (from 1.0.4.0 included in MCE 2.6.5.6 to 1.0.5.0 that you uploaded to this forum) the following does not work:

Command:

"Shut down engines".

Expected behavior:

The FO will answer in return:

"Please confirm, shut down engines" (or something with this meaning)

I will answer "Yes".

Then:

"Splendid"

"Shutting down one"

"Two"

And he/she will shut down the engines.

With this latest update this is the FO's response:

"Are you joking?" or "This is a joke." or something equivalent.

And he/she does not shut down the engines.

This was working previously.

Some more details:

- the command is recognized succesfully by MCE (red text in upper left corner)

- the aircraft is at a gate, the parking brake is set, and the APU is switched on and running

I have the same issue, after engine start the FO does not detect engine is started, when I ask for climb thrust I get FO advising me engine is not running :-) .

Please help with a fix.

Thank you....

I have the same issue, after engine start the FO does not detect engine is started, when I ask for climb thrust I get FO advising me engine is not running :-) .

Please help with a fix.

Thank you....

Update T7 to latest service pack released last January

Update MCE to latest V2.6.6.7

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html