Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Bermuda from Latin VFR

I bought it, and I think it's very well done. Excellent airport, and nice VFR autogen. Only problem is....the closest airport to Bermuda is over 600+ miles away in North Carolina, on the U.S. East coast. Not that far, but you better have fuel in case you have to go back.

Stan

ouch, it sucks when the alternate is 600 miles away and you also end up where you started lol. But joking aside, it sounds like a nice airport and I might well get it...

I bought it, and I think it's very well done. Excellent airport, and nice VFR autogen. Only problem is....the closest airport to Bermuda is over 600+ miles away in North Carolina, on the U.S. East coast. Not that far, but you better have fuel in case you have to go back.

Stan

How does it look at night?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Latin VFR is good stuff. I buy from them now without looking for reviews like I do for FSDT, FT and Flightbeam.

Eric 

How does it look at night?

Good question, as I have felt that is their weakness in producing good night texture coloring for the photoreal areas.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Haven't flown it at night yet....but I will, and I'll report it. During the day though, it does remind me of Bermuda, and I have been there!

Stan

OK....Just flew Bermuda at night, and I was extremely happy with the well-lit autogen, and the airport was better lit than 90% of the airports throughout FSX. Very well done IMHO, and it's a real keeper for me.

Stan

Stan,

Thanks for the update. I'll consider it after the Airbus X Extended is released.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I think it is visually very stunning, it just seems like I am the only one getting poor performance at certain angles.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi!

Thanks for the info. Do Jetblue still fly there? I seem to remember they used to although I may be wrong. I think I once flew a JetBlue Emb190 from New York to Bermuda in Fs9 with the freeware freeflow scenery. I don't know if that was realistic or not but it was fun the time.

Anyway thanks. If you feel like posting some pics flying around the scenery they would be appreciated!

Many thanks.

P.

I was on Bermuda deployed with a NAVY P-3 Orion squadron,And I think this scenery was worth the purchase.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

It really does look lovely huh Stan? (I've only seen the screenshots)

As you say, its a bit of a haul to the nearest continent :-) .. is the only reason I havent splashed out on it myself

Dean Stringer

I just purchased this scenery and LatinVFR are offering me no help, but my problem is that on approach when  I look right at the runway my FPS get hammered...like 15-16FPS. Thats not good for an airport of this size, I can fly into ORBX PNW FSDT YVR with the NGX and easily maintain 30FPS. Can you guy give me some help. 

Cheers!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I just purchased this scenery and LatinVFR are offering me no help, but my problem is that on approach when  I look right at the runway my FPS get hammered...like 15-16FPS. Thats not good for an airport of this size, I can fly into ORBX PNW FSDT YVR with the NGX and easily maintain 30FPS. Can you guy give me some help. 

Cheers!

Where are you asking? They have their forums over at

http://www.flycay.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?71-LatinVFR-Latinvfr-com