Sign in to follow this  
Levkov

Worst NGX landings

Bogdan: Which variants do you fly? There is a world of difference between 737-7 and 737-8w...

Adam: 350 should be OK I think, if well under MLW. IIRC 300-350ish certification limit was for overweight landings.

So you guys saying 736/7 easier to land than good ol' 738?

Just now had a really smooth and nice landing in thunderstorm conditions. Plane was shaking quite a bit. And that crosswind didn't make it easier either. But in the end, nothing makes me feel better than making a great landing in such conditions.

well I can not talk for everybody, but for me, it is much easier to land the 700 compared to the 800. I only have like 4 landings in 600 and 0, maybe one on 900, so cant comment on that.

My English Bull dog layed down next to my USB hub and accidentally disconnected my Yoke and rudder while trying to land RW 27L at Heathrow to make a long story short most of the main building for Terminal 5 and the parking area will have to be rebuilt. Pretty sure everyone on VATSIM at EGLL was wondering what happened I had to make a quick escape..I mean Disconnect .......Damn Dog!

It could be the wave of the future getting people straight to the gate without landing or taxing...

Well, have you tried LSZA, Lugano? 4429' runway length is challenge...

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Bogdan: Which variants do you fly? There is a world of difference between 737-7 and 737-8w...

Adam: 350 should be OK I think, if well under MLW. IIRC 300-350ish certification limit was for overweight landings.

I'm flying the -800 most of the time. But I did land the -600 on the USS Nimitz LOL

I never crashed it at landing. (But I crashed it on takeoff - wrongly set up FMC and thrust settings for the runway length. Didn't have enough speed coming to the threshold!) :lol:

well I can not talk for everybody, but for me, it is much easier to land the 700 compared to the 800. I only have like 4 landings in 600 and 0, maybe one on 900, so cant comment on that.

I fly the 600 a lot, and I think it's the least "floaty" of the bunch. To me, it's like a 500 with

a fancy cockpit..

I think the 700 is a tad less floaty on landings than the 800. And to me, the 900 feels a

lot like the 800.. Not a whole lot of difference.

One thing between the 700 and 800.. When landing, the 800 feels more nose heavy

to me than the 700 when touching down.

The 600 is the only one I fly that does not have winglets, and I think that's the main

reason why it feels more like a "classic", than the typical NG.

I fly the 700 the most, then the 600, then the 800, and the 900 brings up the rear

with only the occasional United flight.. I don't like the running the Continental/United

planes that much.. I don't like EFIS-MAP, and no HGS.. :/

I was glad when Southwest ditched EFIS-MAP... I much prefer PFD-ND. And I like

using the HGS.

Crashed plenty of times haha...sometimes I stop caring. The most annoing I had was approaching KMSP after trying to be as realistic as I possibly could (all out..blacked out the room, had all my charts and checklists, put on my suit and made some paper epaulettes...not really). Anyways, everything was looking beautiful. A little x wind, not too bad, but it was enough to make me feel good about myself. 50, 40, 30 ,20, 10....OOM!! WHAT??!?!?! Only time that has ever happened to me. I moped for awhile after that.

Going visual into San Francisco on a nice foggy morning. Had to go around twice, I was too low, had to pull up, went too high, had to bring it back down, then I had to slow it down (everyone knows how slippery the -800 is), landed hard with the spoilers still deployed.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD