Sign in to follow this  
Levkov

Worst NGX landings

Worst landing:

• Final approach into LAX.
  • A/T armed and set to hold 140 knots.
  • At 50 feet, CH Yoke thrust levers idled.
  • Float over the runway. After a long flare, I realize the Auto-Throttle is still armed and holding 140 knots during flare.
  • De-activate A/T, idle thrust levers.
  • Set down after having floated 3/4ths the runway.
  • Apply maximum manual braking, full spoilers, and maximum reverse thrust to try and stop.
  • Realize the aircraft won't get under 100 knots before the runway threshold is reached.
  • TOGA Power applied.
  • Race off runway threshold at 115 knots, crash into houses off the end of the runway, burst into flames.

That pretty much sums up my worst landing. :P

Go around!! :D

These are my Thomson Virtual Stats,, Can't find an average BA landing rate,

352ozm0.png

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

It's a sim:

"When sneezing hit "P" first"

BR

Bert Van Bulck

I am proud to say I haven't used pause since I first got fsx 6 years ago. It just ain't realistic, I mean where is the "P" in the real plane?

After a good few weeks of no flying and no controllling, I got back into the NGX and have found a nice little BAv 2hr route from Gatwick to Salzburg (Free LOWS scenery available, very nice too!) My confidence got knocked after I missed T/D for the first time ever while settling my daughter back to bed, used the published hold to descend instead and was feeling a bit better since it was a good opportunity to use the hold. Then failed to line up properly and had to sort it all out at the last minute. Messy and unprofessional, but got it down ok (-168FPM). Then on the return journey, flew a great route, then completely fluffed the approach AGAIN, lined up nicely this time but started descending a little too late, straightened up and lost power then tried to go around at 20ft Radio after nearly ripping off the ILS antennas and flattening the trees!!! And there was hardly any wind and it was blowing straight down the runway at me... Utterly shocking... a ) should have been professional and gone around waaay sooner, b ) can't even blame the weather... :lol:

You neophytes and your bad landings! B) I've never had a bad landing. :Secret:

Any landing you can walk away from...

Any landing you can walk away from...

BBC news - The PMDG airways 737-800 that crashed short of the runway at La's LAX international airport this morning leaving hundreds of simulated passengers dead and the aircraft engulfed in flames was piloted by the only survivor, long-time PMDG pilot Zack. When interviewed about the crash, the pilot stated "Well I walked away from that landing just fine!"

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I am proud to say I haven't used pause since I first got fsx 6 years ago. It just ain't realistic, I mean where is the "P" in the real plane?

Hmm, nice statement ;) I thought the same to myself, and then I found the excuse that in a real simulation I don't have to pan the VC view and klick a turn knob to change a setting, I just grab it and do it. ;) So, the "p" is just a workaround for that to me. XD

Hmm, nice statement ;) I thought the same to myself, and then I found the excuse that in a real simulation I don't have to pan the VC view and klick a turn knob to change a setting, I just grab it and do it. ;) So, the "p" is just a workaround for that to me. XD

This is why I have EZCA ;-) With it, I have no more excuses as I only must press a button to be able to turn = looking at the knob before reaching for it :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On final to Heathrow, got ultra lag, then pretty much stalled & crashed just short of the runway.

:lol: Darn... That must have made you want to punch in your monitor! LOL!

26731862.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBC news - The PMDG airways 737-800 that crashed short of the runway at La's LAX international airport this morning leaving hundreds of simulated passengers dead and the aircraft engulfed in flames was piloted by the only survivor, long-time PMDG pilot Zack. When interviewed about the crash, the pilot stated "Well I walked away from that landing just fine!"

I just DIED!!! ROFLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!

My worst landing was in Atlanta on a windy night. I came in and slammed it at 450FPM. I hit so hard that I bounced back into the sky LOL

:lol: Darn... That must have made you want to punch in your monitor! LOL!

Nearly haha

In the sim, my worst is while learning the approach at MHTG Toncontin.  My worst real world was when the gear door bracket failed on the twin and the open wheel well was a super speed brake.  My friend says my landing was so hard that I broke the bracket.... I say the broken bracket caused the hard landing.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dan Downs KCRP