Sign in to follow this  
photons

NGX weather Autopilot fix

Is there an alternative fix to the NGX autopilot v weather autopilot problem other than purchasing the expensive FSUIPC addon?

I have paid for both the NGX/FS2CREW and REX essential and don't think it is fair or reasonable to spend more on a problem that should not be occurring with the NGX.

Yesterday's short 1 hour flight was unbearable from takeoff to landing with uncommanded yaw from the ailerons here and there all the way from climb to descent and landing, eventually I had to switch off FSX before my flight made sim news.

Dont know if the free verson of fsuipc has the wind smoothing option in it, since i got the paid version so i cant be certain but some one else might now the answer. One way is to get the free version and see if it has.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Wind turbulance is simulated poorly in FSX and PMDG aircraft in general and very sensitive to it. You can choose to disable turbulance effects inside the FSX weather engine which will prevent this issue from occurring if you do not want to buy FSUIPC.

Dont know if the free verson of fsuipc has the wind smoothing option in it, since i got the paid version so i cant be certain but some one else might now the answer. One way is to get the free version and see if it has.

No it doesn't. The free version of FSUIPC has no customisable properties, all you get is a screen inside the user interface asking you to buy the product.

other than purchasing the expensive FSUIPC addon?

You paid $70 for the plane. How is $30ish expensive?

For a program that really cleans up Flight Sim, it's very much worth the price.

Kyle Rodgers

Fsuipc is definitely worth the money, I've always seen it as the final patch for fs9/FSX

Rob Prest

You paid $70 for the plane. How is $30ish expensive?

For a program that really cleans up Flight Sim, it's very much worth the price.

Its expensive

Because when you summarize costs, its $100 only for NGX and FSUIPC, and if you add FS2CREW and REX its more like $200.

Well that's how it works, were all in the same boat... You get what you pay for. $200 wouldn't even pay for a descent meal out with drinks for myself and my girlfriend in London..

Rob Prest

Because when you summarize costs, its $100 only for NGX and FSUIPC, and if you add FS2CREW and REX its more like $200.

True, but at the same time, FS2Crew isn't required, and neither is REX. They're choices of the user to add realism.

My point is that in the land of simming $32 isn't that bad. For the utility of it, it's well worth the price.

Kyle Rodgers

Well that's how it works, were all in the same boat... You get what you pay for. $200 wouldn't even pay for a descent meal out with drinks for myself and my girlfriend in London..

Thats expensive place to eat in, obviously. :P

True, but at the same time, FS2Crew isn't required, and neither is REX. They're choices of the user to add realism.

My point is that in the land of simming $32 isn't that bad. For the utility of it, it's well worth the price.

I didnt say its not well worth,it is; for example, BMW car is expensive but its well worth the price. :smile:

While in addition to 'FS essentials' like FSUIPC a decent WX programme like AS2012 or REX is a 'must have' I'd save some dosh by avoiding FS2Crew...after all...I forked out dosh for the aircraft addon to actually interract & fly it as it was designed to be flown (perhaps with the exception of an Electronic Checklist for an addon of the future!!)...& I dont really want another addon practically flying it for me based on the procedures of nowhere airlines.

But this is flight simulation...beauty ... & choice for that matter are in the eye of the beholder.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

While in addition to 'FS essentials' like FSUIPC a decent WX programme like AS2012 or REX is a 'must have' I'd save some dosh by avoiding FS2Crew...after all...I forked out dosh for the aircraft addon to actually interract & fly it as it was designed to be flown (perhaps with the exception of an Electronic Checklist for an addon of the future!!)...& I dont really want another addon practically flying it for me based on the procedures of nowhere airlines.

But this is flight simulation...beauty ... & choice for that matter are in the eye of the beholder.

737 is supposed to be flown with two pilots. Hence FS2Crew. But like you say, eye of the beholder.

BMW car is expensive but its well worth the price. :smile:

Here, here!! :drinks:

Just got my first bimmer 6 months ago and can attest to that, even though the gas mileage stinks :Party:

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

FSUIPC does so much more than winds. It's the must have before anything else in my opinion. It's worth triple what Pete charges for it.

Is there an alternative fix to the NGX autopilot v weather autopilot problem other than purchasing the expensive FSUIPC addon?

You could always spring for AS2012 and use DWC with wind smoothing built in and wouldn't need to buy FSUIPC. I used FSUIPC in the previous version of Active Sky which was ASE since it didn't do a good job with wind smoothing, but AS2012 works well enough that FSUIPC isn't needed for that feature, but either way, your still going to need to come out of pocket.

If your running REX-E and using the weather from it and having issues, you might as well just buy FSUIPC for the wind smoothing and take advantage of all the other stuff it offers. If your using a variety of controls like those by Saitek, CH, or others, you can use FSUIPC to set up profiles for the NGX to assign some of the commands.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

737 is supposed to be flown with two pilots. Hence FS2Crew. But like you say, eye of the beholder.

What does FS2Crew really do though?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |