Sign in to follow this  
photons

NGX weather Autopilot fix

Well, a friend of mine who flies the 737NG told me that the FDE of the NGX was "lolbad", he didnt feel like it flew anything like how the real plane flew. The NGX was far too sensitive. He's not a flightsimmer tho, and he flew with a table joystick and not a yoke.

This is a real operation (unfortunately from an Airbus A320, as I didn't find a similar video of a 737 NG), but it shows how insensitive is a sidestick operation, I think the NGX should have a similar behaviour when flying with a joystick, though it may get much more "insensitive" and realistic with a yoke.

Teo Halfen

Photons

Get your electrons right sorry I mean your words rigth FSUIPC is not expensive at all. It may be a lot of money for you but it isn't expensive for what it can do and does.

I actually find it very offensive to say that it is expensive. Pete Dawson has done a hell of a job over the years and without him a lot of things wouldn't work and for some of the basic stuff you even get it for FREE

So don't say expensive as it isn't.

Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

This is a real operation (unfortunately from an Airbus A320, as I didn't find a similar video of a 737 NG), but it shows how insensitive is a sidestick operation, I think the NGX should have a similar behaviour when flying with a joystick, though it may get much more "insensitive" and realistic with a yoke.

Really? This doesn't tell me anything. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Yes, they are both airplanes. Other than that.. nah.

There is absolutely no comparison there.

Is there an alternative fix to the NGX autopilot v weather autopilot problem other than purchasing the expensive FSUIPC addon?

I have paid for both the NGX/FS2CREW and REX essential and don't think it is fair or reasonable to spend more on a problem that should not be occurring with the NGX.

Yesterday's short 1 hour flight was unbearable from takeoff to landing with uncommanded yaw from the ailerons here and there all the way from climb to descent and landing, eventually I had to switch off FSX before my flight made sim news.

How can you say that FSUIPC is an expensive add on? The way your post reads, it implies that you need to buy FSUIPC just to make your NGX fly properly.

FSUIPC enhances so many products in the FS world, If you spread its cost over all of the FS software products (including controllers) it supports, you are talking pennies per add on.

Unless the NGX is the only solitary add on you are or will ever use.

Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well that's how it works, were all in the same boat... You get what you pay for. $200 wouldn't even pay for a descent meal out with drinks for myself and my girlfriend in London..

Jeez, dinner for two at a high end restaurant costs about the same as the NGX alone here in Chicago (most places have free soda refills which is awesome as I don't like alcohol ^_^ ). As for FS2crew I gave it a shot but found it easier to manage the aircraft myself vs learning how to work the software and if flown on autopilot there isn't much to do then. The workload in the RW is immense (just from my GA experience) but in FS its not as nearly as bad, there is more to do on steam gauged aircraft within FS which is partially why I'm drawn towards them.

I still don't get the logic how these settings work together.....

I use AS2012 in DWC mode and FSUIPC, which changes weather in FSX directly. now, correct me if i'm wrong:

1. DWC mode loads wind turbulence and gusts into FSX weather, according to my AS2012 setup.

2. When wind smoothing enabled, FSUIPC will block the AS2012 gusts, so far so good, I have my winds smoothed out by AS2012 so I dont need that setting.

3. the options to suppress gusts and turbulence, do they suppress ALL these effects, or just the ones added by FSUIPC? AS2012 simulates wind turbulence and gusts, so, if I suppress those effects in FSUIPC, this simulation is good for nothing? Or does it just prevent FSUIPC from adding its own turbulence effects to the winds?

I noticed that with all wind turbulence suppressed, I get some shaking in climbs and approaches, but my cruises are always completely smooth, I always have to switch wind turbulence to suppress if I fly any of the PMDG planes, and I even implemented that item on my before start checklist ;) a shame though....

2. When wind smoothing enabled, FSUIPC will block the AS2012 gusts, so far so good, I have my winds smoothed out by AS2012 so I dont need that setting.

3. the options to suppress gusts and turbulence, do they suppress ALL these effects, or just the ones added by FSUIPC? AS2012 simulates wind turbulence and gusts, so, if I suppress those effects in FSUIPC, this simulation is good for nothing? Or does it just prevent FSUIPC from adding its own turbulence effects to the winds?

I also use Active Sky 2012 in DWC mode (always). Because Activesky is looking after all of the wind and pressure smoothing itself within the program you should turn all FSUIPC wind smoothing and weather settings off. Otherwise they can conflict with each other and create problems like "S" turns, stuck winds etc etc... Allow AS2012 to look after everything and you will have no problems.

What does FS2Crew really do though?

You are joking?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

FS2Crew = virtual copilot, controllable through voice (or through a normal windows interface if you prefer that)

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I also use Active Sky 2012 in DWC mode (always). Because Activesky is looking after all of the wind and pressure smoothing itself within the program you should turn all FSUIPC wind smoothing and weather settings off. Otherwise they can conflict with each other and create problems like "S" turns, stuck winds etc etc... Allow AS2012 to look after everything and you will have no problems.

This is exactly what confuses me, everyone tells to switch all FSUIPC settings OFF, and I believe all of you, but: are the settings under "suppress those wind effects" turned OFF when I check them, or is leaving them UNchecked as turned "off" as you see this is a bit contradictionary, because the descrition is that these settings turn something OFF....

what adds to the confusion is that they are unchecked by default, so are added gusts, turbulence and variance ON by default, or will checking those boxes ALSO suppress all those effects coming from AS2012? You see what I mean ;) call me dumb, but I don't get it ;)

So how to disable ALL FSUIPC weather functions and leave the controls completely to AS2012?

So how to disable ALL FSUIPC weather functions and leave the controls completely to AS2012?

Here is how I have it set up:

Here is how I have it set up:

And you don't have any S-turn problems? This would be great, but I heard that you have to suppress wind turbulence to prevent PMDG auto pilots to go nuts. I hope your right, because suppressing them makes your cruises unrealistically smooth all the time.

And you don't have any S-turn problems? This would be great, but I heard that you have to suppress wind turbulence to prevent PMDG auto pilots to go nuts. I hope your right, because suppressing them makes your cruises unrealistically smooth all the time.

None whatsoever. If you find that things are still too bumpy and rough you might need to dampen down the Wind Turbulence Max setting in AS2012. I have mine set on about 30%. Works a treat .