Sign in to follow this  
Roadburner426

King Air cockpit renders 9/18/12

I am also waiting on the TBM 850 from Carenado, however if Carenado released the TBM850 at the same time as Milviz did the KA350 and I only had enough money for 1, the 350 Wins, HANDS DOWN!

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

for myself, I dont want another plane under 300 kts... but 300+ and still be sinlge pilot. Its a small number that do that. TBM, Duke, Avanti P-180 II, and 350. I discount Epic, and Lancair because of their "Experimental" tags, and VLJ's cost too much, and are too small (although TBM, 350, and P-180 are almost the same price as VLJ's, they are far cheaper to fly/maintaine).

I'm just happy to see a "New" plane you can get off the lot at the Beech dealership for a change.

for myself, I dont want another plane under 300 kts... but 300+ and still be sinlge pilot. Its a small number that do that. TBM, Duke, Avanti P-180 II, and 350. I discount Epic, and Lancair because of their "Experimental" tags, and VLJ's cost too much, and are too small (although TBM, 350, and P-180 are almost the same price as VLJ's, they are far cheaper to fly/maintaine).

I'm just happy to see a "New" plane you can get off the lot at the Beech dealership for a change.

Good to hear that about the 350, but I thought it was only up to B200 that was single pilot certified and the 350 was not.

The 350 and the 1900 can be flown single pilot, Beechcraft designed the cockpit for doing just that. Due to a maximum weight in excess of 12,500 pounds, the 300, 350 and 1900 require a type rating for the pilot. As I understand it, you won't find many 300 or 350's being flown by a single pilot due to insurance company concerns. Some air freight operators do utilize single pilot 1900's, but passenger 1900's are not flown single pilot, the FAA requires a second in command for aircraft carrying more than 9 passengers.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

thanks for clearing that up for me. I mainly known about the 9 passengers and 1 pilots restriction, but thought overall the 350 was not certified single pilot. So good to know now the other criteria etc

for myself, I dont want another plane under 300 kts... but 300+ and still be sinlge pilot. Its a small number that do that.

I believe you can add the HondaJet to that list. All certified now and first customer deliveries slated for 2nd quarter 2013.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks Stans for explaining that for me. Insurance is the fly in the ointment for just about all things aviation... BUT... If you have lottery money burning a hole in your pocket, you can do what lots of companies do, and insure yourself. The funny part is that the accounts actually make MORE money for the self insured. I don't know off hand how much has to be put aside for a personal aircraft, but my companies truck fleet is insured with a 2 mil "house" account. Pure guess, but probably aircraft value + liability.

I believe you can add the HondaJet to that list.

Indeed! Saw one at Oshkosh. They were trying to sell that top wing mount like nobodies business. Should have been built in the sixtes... because everything in the sixtes was goofy looking. :blink:

Should have been built in the sixtes... because everything in the sixtes was goofy looking.

Ah, perspective. If you're from the 60's, everything built in the 10's looks pretty goofy. But there is something (OK, several somethings) about that plane that just doesn't strike the right aesthetic note for me either. Leaving aside the engine mounting, the cockpit looks oddly bug-eye and the whole package just, I dunno...

Scott

I believe you can add the HondaJet to that list. All certified now and first customer deliveries slated for 2nd quarter 2013.

Where did you see that it was certified? I didn't think it was quite to full certification yet. I know they are in production. though.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

That plane (hondajet) is really NOT pretty...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

There are a number of single pilot certified jets out there. Cessna Citation I-SP (500), II-SP (550), the CJ1 and CJ2 (525), and Mustang Jet are single pilot certified. The Honda Jet is planned to be single pilot certified, but certification is not expected until some time this year. It may end up being certified for operation with two crew members instead of one.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

There are a number of single pilot certified jets out there.

About the only one I dig (and maybe would go through type rating headache for), is the Cirrus Vision. 5+2 kids with HUGH windows.... HUGH. Sitting in the front, you sit over the panel like those old cab over simi trucks. Although it's low and slow for a jet (FL250), it's build for the owner pilot in mind, not the junior business class wanna be's. The Diamond D-jet is another one, but it's really just a 4 seater.

The best bang for the buck is the Piper Meridian, and the top of class TBM 850 for a Private Pilot and his family. Jets are cool, but more so for bragging then practicality. That's why the Kings will be around for decades to come.