Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Tapatalk, who cares?

Same here. My computers plug into the wall, and I'm proud to have a cheap dumb phone. No self-respecting thug would mug me for my shoes, either.

I have used a "Dumb Phone" for several decades now, and am not the least bit interested in any feature other than the ability to make and receive phone calls. It's odd to me that for years the trend was to make cell phones smaller and more compact. Now the trend is the reverse! The silly things are getting larger and larger...

My current phone is a really tiny folding LG model that is just slightly smaller than a pack of cigarettes.

You wear shoes? :lol:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Not really. I've been the victim of a particularly vicious 'man flu'. I won't trouble you with the symptoms, except to say they are HORRENDOUS!

Yeah, I probably don't want to know anyway. Hope you get well soon!

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I have used a "Dumb Phone" for several decades now, and am not the least bit interested in any feature other than the ability to make and receive phone calls. It's odd to me that for years the trend was to make cell phones smaller and more compact. Now the trend is the reverse! The silly things are getting larger and larger...

My current phone is a really tiny folding LG model that is just slightly smaller than a pack of cigarettes.

The phones are bigger with big screen and high resolution, not like the first phones that had simple lcd.

By the way:

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Thank ee, thank ee most kindly Gil. I once shaved it off...Then I remembered why I grew it in the first place, I don't have a top lip! I started regrowing it as soon as I wiped the shaving soap off my face. :fool:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I think that the phones got smaller and smaller essentially because at first their only function was to talk. Now that there are so many other things phones can do, they are growing again to allow for clearer display of the new functions........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

...is all part of the modern trend of increasingly intrusive advertising.

You actually don't like advertising ? Pfui..

Hey - I've wondered why I've had no offers for the item below - perhaps I should display it in larger type ? :LMAO:

...sent from the doghouse.....

You actually don't like advertising ? Pfui..

Well clearly by your use of a term like 'pfui', you're really into the whole tapawhatever generation thing. :wub:

But incidentally, if I'm right in thinking that by 'pfui' you mean that my comment about advertising is not relevent, how would you come to that conclusion? ......... Is Tapatalk forcing their name by default onto users signature not a form of advertising, no?

......and of course I don't 'not like advertising', I was talking specifically about advertising that has bled into every aspect of our existance; the whole constant, unrelenting subversive stuff.

If I wish to do something, whatever it may be. But instead I am forced to read, watch or listen to advertising (that in itself is totally boring and banal, to the point of actually putting me off buying the "product") before I can do what I want. That is the kind of advertising that I don't like.

As I said, if I get a message from someone, I am interested in "that" message and don't care a bean about also being told how wonderful Tapatalk or iphone etc., etc., may be so much so that I can't live without it!

Hi FlyGeordie..

Well clearly by your use of a term like 'pfui', you're really into the whole tapawhatever generation thing. :wub:

But incidentally, if I'm right in thinking that by 'pfui' you mean that my comment about advertising is not relevent, how would you come to that conclusion? ......... Is Tapatalk forcing their name by default onto users signature not a form of advertising, no?

......and of course I don't 'not like advertising', I was talking specifically about advertising that has bled into every aspect of our existance; the whole constant, unrelenting subversive stuff.

My 'Pfui' was meant as a tongue-in-cheek comment - I was trying a little humour - to explain that my 'Advert' in my sig had not been effective due to posters not being interested in adverts .....

Sorry - I did not intend that my remarks would be taken seriously...

..and I agree with you - 100 per cent..I hate all advertising.

In fact, my family often criticise me for recording all my films (sorry - movies) on DVD - so that I can watch them without adverts - I have edited them out. I hate the fact that over here, I am paying 1/3rd of my Pay-per-View subscription to Sky just to watch them. Screwy... :mad:

Thanks to the BBC...I can at least watch a couple of channels without them.

Regards

What the heck is 'pfui'? Or do I really need to know?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

What the heck is 'pfui'? Or do I really need to know?

Phooey.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

it doesn't make nearly as much noice as those stupid supporter pics.

Oh_come_on Rolf... some (like mine :P ) are just plain cool looking.

However seeing yours... I think I like it better. :Big Grin: