Sign in to follow this  
Brad27

Such a shame....

So i brought both the US Cities Las Vegas X addon and VFR London X this week....now both apppealed to me because i fly to both very often, they both have night textures and both in terms of the screenshots posted look very inviting! So....installed both and loaded up....

Vegas X.....from a distance this addon looks fabulous, but lets be frank here...if your using a chopper or bell to get a closer look at what you spent your cash on the textures are pretty weak, some building models look unfinished and there seems to be a clash with the FSDT KLAS airport and Vegas X addon in terms of a landclass clash causing a sudden step like error just outside the airport boundary. I have a decent system that presents and runs FSX well....i am still fighting to work out ways in which to smoothen out AA with buildings and objects in the distance but other than that i can run Vegas X easy so im sure what i see is what was released at its apparent best...i think the lack of sharp clear textures are what dissapoint me here...so i have currently removed this scenery for now...

London X...now heres a city i grew up in and work in, in terms of work effort...its fab! My issue here is the loss in autogen outside the London X coverage area, i recall having the previous London addon for FS2002 & FS9 and there too was a loss in autogen in the surrounding London area and finals route into London Heathrow...I was affraid this previous issue may arise here with VFR London X and my fears were right....this loss in buildings, and trees etc totally kills my personal preference for a scenic decent into London...regardless of the beautiful work in the London X addon.

I must say i am fairly put off buying anymore US Citie X addons......tho i do hope to place London X back in with a resolution to the autogen loss outside the addon area.

Brad - P3Dv4.5

AIG Moderator | Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta | FSPX Beta

Funny how that looks just like the new apple iOs 6 maps...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

haha that true! Elevation issues and everything! lol

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

It appears you have a layering problem in your scenery library. Products like UTX tells fsx what and where to render textures (landclass). If that's above Vegas in the scenery library, you'll see this problem. I don't see where you have a landclass program like UTX installed but if you have one, put it down below the all your other non-default scenery. The mesh resolution slider (or texture resolution) in FSX will raise scenery elevations if set to max. Your Las Vegas scenery really looks horrible. Make sure the FSDT airport is above Vegas cities X.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hmmm, this looks very weird indeed, though I do remember seeing something like this about VegasX somewhere else, but where was that... :Thinking:

Funny how that looks just like the new apple iOs 6 maps...

:lol: :lol: You made my day !

Thank God I looked over the net before I pressed upgrade. Well, I won't now.

Hi Word Not Allowed,

There was a post on the FSDT foum about the plateaux effect and a fix, that was for FS9 at the time, don't know wether there is a similar fix for FSX, might be worth a look.

Peter

One fact it's true: Vegas X and FSDT's don't match with each other and Vegas texures are horrible. Moreover London X, which is awesome, lacks of autogen far around the Thames. Much money bad spent.... mine too.

Thank God I looked over the net before I pressed upgrade. Well, I won't now.

Word Not Allowed, I've been reading and following your setting suggestions for FSX....but I'm still trying to battle out smoothing on distant objects and sharpening up textures for FSX in general. If I post some shots later tonight would you I've me a hand??

Brad - P3Dv4.5

There was a post on the FSDT foum about the plateaux effect and a fix, that was for FS9 at the time, don't know wether there is a similar fix for FSX, might be worth a look.

I was talking about iOS 6 :)

Word Not Allowed, I've been reading and following your setting suggestions for FSX....but I'm still trying to battle out smoothing on distant objects and sharpening up textures for FSX in general. If I post some shots later tonight would you I've me a hand??

Sure, why not. Either post on my blog, or here.

Thanks, I have all my PC specs listed already on here if need be

Brad - P3Dv4.5

That does seem kinda poor. Hope you didn't pay much. Maybe buy from company that excepts returns? I know one site does but can't remember who?

That does seem kinda poor. Hope you didn't pay much. Maybe buy from company that excepts returns? I know one site does but can't remember who?

Flight1? They don't have VegasX though...

I would try getting a refund from Aerosoft, in the end, they are a known company and if the product doesn't look like the screenshots and you have been mislead, you might have a case. Not saying the must give you a refund.