Sign in to follow this  
Dash8Q4

Advantage of importing FLT plan into AS2012

Hi all,

Im just wondering what would the advantage be from importing a flight plan into AS2012 before flying rather than just loading AS2012 and let it inject weather as you fly?

Will it load all the wx for the stations along your route or is it still the same as just loading it and thats it?

thank you!

Importing the flight plan only saves you the task of putting all the data into the flightplan tab. Believe it loads weather for all waypoints if identified.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I usually just put my dep and destination airport and have it install textures that suit the weather along the route.

That's what I do too but my flights are fairly short (about an hour). For those long flights though it might be worthwhile to include some of the waypoints.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I think the biggest benefit is to get a report with all the current weather for the entire flight, just like a pilot would get.

It's funny that I say that since I don't ever print it out....FSBuild uses the AS2012 info so my flight plan is already taking winds into account. I guess I'm a bad pilot since I'm not checking whether there's a huge thunderstorm in the middle of my flight plan.

If you have any special settings activated like the ATC windlock it helps keep the AI on the proper runways.

If Dest WX zone is checked it clones the last 128 miles of weather with your destination weather.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I think the biggest benefit is to get a report with all the current weather for the entire flight, just like a pilot would get.

It's funny that I say that since I don't ever print it out....FSBuild uses the AS2012 info so my flight plan is already taking winds into account. I guess I'm a bad pilot since I'm not checking whether there's a huge thunderstorm in the middle of my flight plan.

the fun part of flight simming is: for rw pilots they can fly any type of aircraft in all sorts of weather where as in real life they would normally fly one type for a very long time and they cant just thread the needle when it comes to severe weather. And for simmers who arent rw pilots, its the ability to experience what its like to take the skies in a complex machine.

By the way, how do you have fsbuild set up? i havent finished installing everything again because of a clean format/install, and i remember getting the message that fsbuild cant find the wx_station_list or something like that.

Importing the flight plan only saves you the task of putting all the data into the flightplan tab. Believe it loads weather for all waypoints if identified.

Best regards,

Jim

true, thats what i thought. I think thats better since itll load all the weather. Assuming that then it wont be as hard on your system compared to just flying and let as2012 do its thing? i may be wrong...

thank you gents

I use it to determine at what altitude to fly, since it reports winds aloft.

Dave

I've recently bought the AS2012, and would like to do a flight plan with AS weather too. However, in the name of writing texture files over from AS into FSX, wouldn't the files overwrite away my other scenery add-ons such as FTX, especially runway textures? How do I preserve all my scenery add-on textures, yet able to have AS allocate real world weather and related textures?

Thanks.

Somewhere in Graphics, there is a settings tab where there is a list of all the textures that AS can modify on one screen. If you go in there, you can uncheck the ones you want left as default and it will leave them alone.

Mike

i just install whatever theme i want from REXe and then when AS asks me if i want to install as2012 textures i just select cancel... it will load real world weather but it will use the textures that are installed already, so for example if you have a cirrus layer itll load it but it will be the one u installed from REX. same with cumulus or stratus based clouds, and so on....