Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

The Ultimate Skydive?

Off to see the wizard?

Pretty much, only instead of being Oz, it is Middle Earth :P

Matthew Kane

The best laid plans.............

So now we are looking at Thursday. I bet those guys are frustrated. What a lot of people don't factor in is the cost of keeping all those people; technicians, meteorologists, scientists, mechanics, news reporters etc waiting.

Somebody is swallowing some major costs.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

<br />Somebody is swallowing some major costs.<br />

Red Bull :LMAO:

To be honest, the more they delay it, the more media attention it gets, and the more free marketing Red Bull gets. So delaying it is a revenue generator for Red Bull

Matthew Kane

Red Bull :LMAO:

To be honest, the more they delay it, the more media attention it gets, and the more free marketing Red Bull gets. So delaying it is a revenue generator for Red Bull

Hmmmmmmmm........ I wonder if there is an actual profit in this, or if they consider it part of their advertising budget.

Edit: come to think of it, I guess that works too. The Redbull name is world famous and synonymous with these stunts, whereas I have no good thoughts at all about the spectacularly nasty drink itself. I guess somebody out there must like the stuff, but to me it tastes just as bad as Moxie. (Bleah!) :-)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Here it is:

It appears they are going to launch earlier today than expected.

I don't like the ground textures you see from up there. :lol:

Devons rig

I don't like the ground textures you see from up there. :lol:

Yeah, the blurries are pretty bad, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Yeah, the blurries are pretty bad, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Once the third parties are done, reality will look much better. :ph34r:

TY for reminding me of this, though. Between little kids tearing through the house and my fishing pole beckoning I probably would have missed it without the nudge.

Devons rig

Watching it live and it's an unbelievable feat this guy is going to achieve. Hope he's successful!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yea I have been glued to it. Even shut the football game off for awhile.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Seems like it wont be long now!

Devons rig

Watching it now. Quite a thrilling thing. I wish him all the best!

Well, he made it! Congratulations, and very exciting, though the four kids watching with me are now absolutely certain that adults are insane. :P

Devons rig

Congratulations to him. What hit me most was the image of him falling away from the capsule, and followed by what almost appeared to be a simple step back onto the planet.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2