Sign in to follow this  
hayhay7789

PMDG 737NGX - Out of Memory with 8 Gigs of RAM

I do apologise, I must have misunderstood you when you said "Also remember the space must be contiguous".

Something you contradict in your quote titled "Address Space Fragmentation" where you said "...you need a continuous block of addresses, not a continuous block of physical memory..." and the very second sentence in the article you linked to, where it said "Every application running on your operating system has its unique address space, which it sees as a continuous block of memory. In fact the memory is not physically continuous (it is fragmented), this is just the impression the operating system gives to every program and it's called virtual memory."

I think where things are getting confused is the term Virtual memory (VM also called paging memory) which is actually physical (It's the space allocated on your hard drive (Paging file) that acts like system memory, where data in memory not currently used are stored and swapped back to physical memory when needed) and you are correct VM is fragmented. VAS (Which is contiguous) on the other hand is the address space (Virtual) that the OS allocates to each application). Each application running has it's own 4GB allocation, that is why an external apps such as ASE if it exceeds it's own limit will not cause FSX to OOM. (Just an example). Allocation on WinXP, Vista, and Win7 32bit versions is divided 2GB application use, and 2GB System use. If however the /3GB switch is set on boot, or a lesser amount is allocated with the /USERVA= switch, and the application is set with the "Large Address Aware bit" (Which FSX SP2 and Acceleration are) then the APP can address 3GB (Or what is set by USERVA) of the 4GB limit. The remainder is used by the system. With 64bit OS has less of a system addressing requirement , making more space available to the APP.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You will still get this issue with an SSD.

FSX is a 32-bit application.

You can have TB's of RAM and HD space and you will still get OOM's as long as you use FSX.

X-Plane is already being made 64-bit and with this,you should not get OOM's anymore.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hi Flight Simmers!

I just got the PMDG 737-800/900 because everybody says it is a really good jet. But I have a problem that REALLY bugs me. The problem is that I can only use the plane for about 2 or 3 minutes until it enters skeleton mode and gives me a OOM message. Sometimes the plane enters skeleton mode before I even start a flight (still in the Free Flight screen).

My settings are:

---------------------

Graphics: Custom

Aircraft: Medium High

Scenery: Very Low

Weather: Very Low

Traffic: Custom

------------------------

In my Graphics I set the display resolution to 1280x800 and set the Global Texture Resolution to High (otherwise can't read the letters in the VC). In Traffic I put General Aviation and Airline Traffic to 10%, and I put Road Vehicles and Leisure Boats to 15%. Ships and Ferries is at 5%.

My system is a Mid-2010 Apple MacBook (polycarbonite/white) with 8GB of RAM, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, and a 256GB Hitachi hard drive. I'm using BootCamp to play FSX. BootCamp has a 64-bit Windows 7 installed on it.

What can I do? Can I fix my problem or am I screwed over?

I'm again and again surprised by the amount of people wanting to run FSX and all the addons on MacBook hardware. My advice: don't.

Get a dedicated gaming PC(!) with enough RAM (like >= 12GB) and a powerful CPU with good cooling; they are quite inexpensive these days.

The MacBook just isn't up to this. It's a lifestyle object, suited for work requiring medium computing and graphics power, but not for brutal number crunching like it is required by FSX.

Dave P. Woycek

As far as your system memory is concerned, you may want to check out one of Word Not Allowed's great tips ( thanks Word Not Allowed :-) ), as it certainly has helped me in having less memory-related problems:

http://#####.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/oom-out-of-memory-helperfix/

Cheers,

Jerome

Word Not Allowed has a great collection of tips discovered by many users of FSX over many years, so credit shouldn't be given to just one person.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

After you have configured your fsx with the Bojote's tweaking and tunnig tools, as another user said to you, perhaps this utility will help you and (and all the peolple using fsx) a lot: http://www.ntcore.com/utilities.php

In the previous post I forgot to mention that the utility is "4GB Patch". This is the direct link: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php Cheers

Gerard Cabezón
Check my Youtube's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardius

OOM has been fixed! Thanks everyone! But now I have a new issue...whenever I end a flight with the PMDG 737NGX, I get a Fatal Error. This only happens when I end the flight with the PMDG 737NGX.

Any ideas?

It would also be helpful if you could give me a link to a PMDG 737 FMC tutorial, I can't find any that make sense to me.

if you got the latest fsuipc usually fixes the problem or you can try the automationcore option by placing it in your fsx folder

Try looking in the fcom in the pmdg folder

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I agree with others that FSX traffic KILLS frames and system resources.

I suggest you follow PMDG's tweaks in the Introduction. Other than that, check if you have FSX light bloom on. It uses a lot of resources but delivers little. If you want light bloom, try ENB Series.

Out of Memory issue fixed. Thank you everyone! But I still need your help.

I now have a "Fatal Error" issue that occurs in 2 places:

1. When I end a flight with this airplane

2. When I change the airplane's livery while on the Free Flight screen

Please help! :(

1 end flight with the ngx is a known problem either the latest fsuipc or the uiautomatiocore wil solve it for u hopefully.

2 known problem too changing liveries with the same aircraft cant be done

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I now have a "Fatal Error" issue that occurs in 2 places:

1. When I end a flight with this airplane

2. When I change the airplane's livery while on the Free Flight screen

Please help! :(

In the introduction, PMDG says that changing liveries/making the NGX your default flight will cause it to "load on top of itself," which causes CTDs and a lot of other problems. So basically, once you pick a livery, you are committed.

SCRATCH THAT

After installing Ultimate Terrain X USA, Ground Environment X North America, and Real Environment Xtreme, it worked fine, so I tweaked my settings a little bit (increased weather settings to Ultra High) and the Weather at max settings did work, so I decided to tweak my scenery. But these settings did not work, the tail and engines turned black and the plane entered skeleton mode, then I got a memory error again. I did save the previous settings, but I made the INCREDIBLY STUPID decision to save the settings that did not work and overwrite the previous ones :(

My settings are back in the exact same places (except for traffic being turned OFF instead of at Very Low) but IT IS STILL NOT WORKING!!!! GRRRR :angry:

I don't ever backup my files...stupid me <_<

Please help me...I seriously need it! Again!

(thanks so much for helping me solve the problem I had previously!)