Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

ORBX England!

Has anyone heard of this? I just came across it in PC Pilot. Very exciting.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It's been on the cards for a while now. I think development started near the beginning of the year. I'm eagerly awaiting this one too!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

One thing I do find a bit remarkable is that they don't say a word on UK2000 Xtreme airports compability. I don't get it; OrbX is not interested in making large airports, they generally focus on GA. Seems to me it would be worth the additional effort if they could work something out with Gary Summons of UK2000.

On a personal note; I have all UK2000 Xtreme airports and OrbX/FTX England not being compatible with them might be a deal breaker for me.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

One thing I do find a bit remarkable is that they don't say a word on UK2000 Xtreme airports compability. I don't get it; OrbX is not interested in making large airports, they generally focus on GA. Seems to me it would be worth the additional effort if they could work something out with Gary Summons of UK2000.

On a personal note; I have all UK2000 Xtreme airports and OrbX/FTX England not being compatible with them might be a deal breaker for me.

Considering the size and nature of what ORBX is doing, Gary should be the one to approach them about any type of compatibility, especially if any photoreal base is included as it will need to be adjusted to blend with the ORBX textures..

Best, Michael

KDFW

I dont know, uk2000 is very well know, respected and infact used by a significant amount of the simmers that fly in the UK. It would make more sense for OrbX to initiate the contact IMO, as UK2000 already has a host of existing sceneries for this area. They might of course have done this already, im not an insider

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I sure hope Orbx does what Ultimate Terrain does this time. Because right now they conflict with most default fsx textures and that messes up flying in other parts of the world. UTX uses their own textures that are separate from the fsx default so it does not cause conflicts. Also agree about uk2000 compatibility. I don't fly any of their other areas because there are few big airports with payware quality design.

Yes I would like to know about GEX Europe and UTX Europe and Uk2000 Airports .

I live in England and own about 7 orbx products so can't wait for ftx England. But would like to know if it will work with above as I will want to continue to use uk2000 airports and GEX and UTX Europe for when I fly out the Uk to for example France.

Keithy George

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I sure hope Orbx does what Ultimate Terrain does this time. Because right now they conflict with most default fsx textures and that messes up flying in other parts of the world. UTX uses their own textures that are separate from the fsx default so it does not cause conflicts. Also agree about uk2000 compatibility. I don't fly any of their other areas because there are few big airports with payware quality design.

two different things... UTX does no use custom autogen and ORBX does . UTX just use default textures and autogen.

i dont think ORBX can be compatible with GEX since it use its own texture

also i dont know what everyone means when they say nobody at orbx has said anything about uk2000 or other addons ???

holger sandman himself answered with a good detail post !

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/49234-compatibility-with-orbxs-new-uk-scenery/#entry433525

The mods are sure getting carried away moving post's around lately.

Matt Wilson

Orbx have said that it will be up to developers to patch their products to resolve any issues with FTX EU. That's understandable since it would be very difficult for Orbx to design for everything. Having said that, I think they are trying to get elevations as close to UK2000 as possible.

And I agree, this seems like a pretty relevant FSX post. I just don't care to look in all the sub-forums.

And I agree, this seems like a pretty relevant FSX post. I just don't care to look in all the sub-forums.

I concur.

Dirk.

two different things... UTX does no use custom autogen and ORBX does . UTX just use default textures and autogen.

i dont think ORBX can be compatible with GEX since it use its own texture

also i dont know what everyone means when they say nobody at orbx has said anything about uk2000 or other addons ???

holger sandman himself answered with a good detail post !

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/49234-compatibility-with-orbxs-new-uk-scenery/#entry433525

Thanks for telling me about that post

Keithy George